• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Video of a Cuban master cigar roller

moki

el Presidente
This is a very cool video of a Cuban master cigar roller rolling a cigar from scratch.

http://www.mycigarblog.com/blog/archives/000103.html

The footage was shot during the recent visit of Master Roller Mr. Hamlet Jaime Paredes. Working in the Partagas factory in Havana, Cuba for the last 10 years, Mr. Paredes is one of the youngest ever Master Rollers to have won the Partagas Anniversary Master Cigar Roller Competition (2001). When he won it, he was just 26.

In the video below, you will see Mr. Paredes roll a salomon vitola, the hardest vitola to roll among all cigars, from scratch. This cigar now sits comfortably in my humidor - it’ll be a couple of years before it’ll be ready to smoke.

The video was shot by Baizura Shaari, one of the many people who had a camera during the cigar rolling demonstration, but the only one with the presence of mind to use it to take a digital video. Shot over a span of 16 short video clips, the video was stitched together using Apple’s iMovie. Background music is a traditional Malay tune that just happens to fit in perfectly.

I didn't think that it took that long to roll. Pretty cool.

Good video to see how much time and effort goes into just one cigar. Nice man!!!

That's pretty amazing, I would love to see that in person, there's a shop in Houston that makes their cigars in their store everyday, but nothing like that. Thanks for posting that. :) :)

Does anyone know how the grading of rollers works? I saw a roller on a local shop the other day that was supposed to be a 'level 8' roller who rolled in Cuba for like 40 years.

AVB said:
I didn't think that it took that long to roll. Pretty cool.
Actually, it takes longer -- that video was clipped and spliced back together. Granted, the Salomones he's rolling is supposedly a very difficult cigar to roll, though.