• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Backpacking (pic heavy)

A few weekends ago, we took some of the kids from work to Lake Louise in the Tobacco Roots. As you can see there's still quite a bit of snow up there. Mosquitos were out of control, but the fishing was amazing. Smallest cutthroat we caught was probably 10", biggest was pushing 20".

IMG_20180706_152531.jpg IMG_20180706_191740.jpg IMG_20180706_152602.jpg IMG_20180706_201002.jpg IMG_20180706_134615.jpg IMG_20180706_163830.jpg IMG_20180706_141206.jpg IMG_20180706_124737.jpg IMG_20180706_190237.jpg IMG_20180706_131926.jpg

Very cool Justin! Kind of jealous..... We have plenty to do and see around my neck of the woods, but I’ve been getting itchy for a change of scenery.

Nice pics, Justin. I miss the backcountry. Don't miss the hiking, though. Unfortunately back issues have pretty much ended my backpacking days.

Great pic's! Looks like a great place to loose yourself in......

Looks like some good times spent in the outdoors! Also, some good looking fly fishing areas as well! Thanks for sharing!

Awesome pics. Thanks for sharing. My city is full of concrete and hot as hell.

What eye candy...awesome job Justin taking your son on such an adventure. Building great memories that will never fade. Keep up the good work Dad!

Great pics Justin! Here is my 12 year old son, wearing my 5 day pack, from our vacation last week. Not sure he could handle it, much further than from the canoe to the tent.

20180724_152903.jpg

I portaged the pack and this heavy ass aluminum canoe. We normally rent kevlar canoes and we'll be reserving those again

20180724_144912.jpg

Great pics Justin! Here is my 12 year old son, wearing my 5 day pack, from our vacation last week. Not sure he could handle it, much further than from the canoe to the tent.

View attachment 21876

I portaged the pack and this heavy ass aluminum canoe. We normally rent kevlar canoes and we'll be reserving those again

View attachment 21878
I haven't done a canoe trip in a long time, don't miss portaging at all!

You pack way lighter than me if that's 5 days!

I haven't done a canoe trip in a long time, don't miss portaging at all!

You pack way lighter than me if that's 5 days!

Well, 5 days of clothes/tent/sleeping bag/pad. We took it on our overnight trip, while on vacation. We "roughed" it, for my wife and 12 year old, since they had never experienced tent camping or portaging, in the BWCA. Food/pots/pans/etc is in a bear "proof" barrel.

Well, 5 days of clothes/tent/sleeping bag/pad. We took it on our overnight trip, while on vacation. We "roughed" it, for my wife and 12 year old, since they had never experienced tent camping or portaging, in the BWCA. Food/pots/pans/etc is in a bear "proof" barrel.
Bear kegs are nice, but not a great option when you're packing in all your supplies unfortunately. What's BWCA? Didn't realize there were bears in Oklahoma.

Wish there was a *love* option here instead of just "like". Some awesome memories made, for sure.

Bear kegs are nice, but not a great option when you're packing in all your supplies unfortunately. What's BWCA? Didn't realize there were bears in Oklahoma.

BWCA is in Northern Minnesota.\, it's Boundary Waters Canoe Area.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boundary_Waters_Canoe_Area_Wilderness

http://bwca.com/index.cfm?

We typically start around the city of Ely, MN and is an incredible place. We normally pack a pack, like I stated above and canoe/portage between lakes. Grab a camp and hang out for a few days or up to a week. Fishing is great, normally in May/June/beginning of July, but the dang mosquitos are usually pretty bad, so the fire is kept going (which normally doesn't do a lot, but I love having a fire). We also try and get a south facing camp, which normally with the winds, keeps the bugs back in the trees. There are black bears, in and around Tulsa (more northern, going towards Missouri/Arkansas), but also in South East Ok.

If you're an avid backpacker/canoe paddler/camper, everyone should do a trip to the BWCA, at least once in their lives.