I am Boar's fanboy squee~

Discussion in 'The CP Saloon' started by Not A Nice Person, Dec 15, 2016.

1. Not A Nice Person

Not A Nice Person Pink.

Oct 8, 2008
    South Texas
    Guess who just scored probably the ONLY bottle of Old Forrester's Birthday Bourbon to ever make it all the way down here to the end of the highway?

[​IMG]

Spec's got in a bunch of holiday release bourbons and stashed them in the office for their longtime regulars. They like me, they really like me! :D

~Boar

2. Secret Santa

Secret Santa CEO, North Pole Inc.

Nov 25, 2002
    Up North
    That explains the knee pads on your wish list!

whylieineedacigar and Scap like this.
  3. MadMonk

MadMonk Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2008
    South
    That's great!
    Have you drank any before? You'll HAVE to post a review! (I didn't find any on CP).

Scap likes this.
  4. Not A Nice Person

Not A Nice Person Pink.

Oct 8, 2008
    South Texas
    Santa's been getting into the nog a tetch early again I see. :rolleyes:

~Boar

MadMonk and Scap like this.
  5. Not A Nice Person

Not A Nice Person Pink.

Oct 8, 2008
    South Texas
    Never even seen an actual bottle of it before. AVB's mentioned it a bunch of times so I jumped on it.

Definitely I'll post a review!

~Boar

MadMonk and Scap like this.
  6. Jamie76

Jamie76 Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Tucson Arizona Area
    Definitely on my list of unicorns to hopefully one day get my hands on. I heard this year was really good compared to last.

7. Not A Nice Person

Not A Nice Person Pink.

Oct 8, 2008
    South Texas
    Y'know, when the Spec's first opened here, nobody knew what a lot of this stuff was---they got in a single case of George T. Stagg and sold me the whole thing because no one wanted it! Last year they didn't get a SINGLE bottle ---they got ONE bottle each of the Pappy Van Winkle---and the year before, they only got ONE Stagg . . . a high end steak house here in town reserved it months ahead of time.

And I've NEVER seen the Forrester Birthday Bourbon here before. Unicorn indeed!

They got a case of Blanton's, too, and a bunch of BTAC releases I haven't heard of before, and a couple bottles of Rock Hill. I may go back and get either the Rock Hill or a Blanton's.

~Boar

Scap and MadMonk like this.
  8. Jamie76

Jamie76 Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Tucson Arizona Area
    Get both the Rock Hill and Blanton's. They use the same mash bill, but are definitely different in their own way.

9. chiefmd

chiefmd Bone Fixer

Nov 28, 2011
    Lexington, KY
    I can't get Blantons pretty regularly. I am in the middle of the bourbon capital of the world Hit me up if you need me to look for anything for you.