• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I am Boar's fanboy squee~

Guess who just scored probably the ONLY bottle of Old Forrester's Birthday Bourbon to ever make it all the way down here to the end of the highway?

10172009.jpg

Spec's got in a bunch of holiday release bourbons and stashed them in the office for their longtime regulars. They like me, they really like me! :D

~Boar

That's great!
Have you drank any before? You'll HAVE to post a review! (I didn't find any on CP).

Definitely on my list of unicorns to hopefully one day get my hands on. I heard this year was really good compared to last.

Y'know, when the Spec's first opened here, nobody knew what a lot of this stuff was---they got in a single case of George T. Stagg and sold me the whole thing because no one wanted it! Last year they didn't get a SINGLE bottle ---they got ONE bottle each of the Pappy Van Winkle---and the year before, they only got ONE Stagg . . . a high end steak house here in town reserved it months ahead of time.

And I've NEVER seen the Forrester Birthday Bourbon here before. Unicorn indeed!

They got a case of Blanton's, too, and a bunch of BTAC releases I haven't heard of before, and a couple bottles of Rock Hill. I may go back and get either the Rock Hill or a Blanton's.

~Boar

Get both the Rock Hill and Blanton's. They use the same mash bill, but are definitely different in their own way.

I can't get Blantons pretty regularly. I am in the middle of the bourbon capital of the world Hit me up if you need me to look for anything for you.