• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

McGwire...say it ain't so!

I'm NOT surprised... he went from a normal sized ball player to a behemoth in a season... you don't get those kind of results in a year or less... it's too bad.

-Frank

Roger Maris' record still stands as far as I'm concerned.

Doc.

We knew that was coming at some point. Did Big Head Barry ever admit?

I wonder if this will open the floodgates or he will stand alone on this.

Roger Maris' record still stands as far as I'm concerned.

Doc.

That, and he owes the whole Maris family an apology. Remember what a big thing it was for all of them back in 98.

I don't feel bad for him one bit. There should be a price to pay for all these players who didn't come out when they had the chance.

Brian

tell me all you McGwire fans , like you really believed he was clean :whistling: come on now :D

I thought that this was known for a while, not really surprised. It is nice to know that so many yankees use steroids as well aka A-Rod and Pettitte if I recall correctly. Probably more as well.

It was pretty obvious when he refused to answer any questions about steroid use when he was giving testimony. Wasn't out there as a "fact" like it is now, but everyone who watched him duck the questions knew.

My question is what now beyond the apologies he owes? Will the records be officially striped from him? Will he become baseball's new Pete Rose? It doesn't seem to me that an apology is really enough?

To me it seems like more then just steroid use. He knowingly accepted a lot of praise and acclaim with the home run record while using steroids. Makes it seem more like fraud to me then most steroid cases.

Another one bites the dust.

There should be an asterisk Hall of Fame. Or would that be 'Shame'?

MLB is flooded with fraud, I can't believe that they did not know or could not do some tight testing of these guys. Its B.S., why I stopped watching baseball until last year.

It was just a matter of time before he admitted it. Wonder why he finally did it? I bet it has something to do with him being the hitting coach for the Cardinals.

What a crock! Did you see his crying, whining sad, oh poor me, speech? What a load!

I did it just to keep my poor , battered and abused, body healthy!

It's hard to play 162 games!

I was blessed with the ability to hit home runs!

I was a HR king in high school, college, minor leagues, etc!

But then again, if baseball was a sport instead of a pass-time, then I guess it would matter!

That, and he owes the whole Maris family an apology. Remember what a big thing it was for all of them back in 98.

Radio show I was listening to this morning said he did talk to Maris' wife and apologize. How sincere or what the family's reaction is, I have no idea...

-John

It was just a matter of time before he admitted it. Wonder why he finally did it? I bet it has something to do with him being the hitting coach for the Cardinals.

Absolutely. It's easy to avoid the questions and criticism when you have yourself holed up inside your home and refuse to make public appearances. But when you're going to be traveling with the club for 162 games, hiding isn't so easy. Best to come out now and get it over with, and hope the distraction goes away before Spring Training lets out.