• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Thompson's prose

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
I was putting the kids to bed and found a copy of the Thompson's catalog. I would also like to point out that I am not a fan of buying from them, but they have a pretty good writer who makes the stuff sound fabulous. One of the cigars in particular had this in the description:

There it continues the aging process that takes it from an already good cigar to a spectacular one. Now it's equal to the Trinidad and Cuban Cohiba and other $10 Cuban cigars.....

Well, making a statement like that to someone who smokes ISOM's regularly is near blasphamy and likely not true. So I decided we could have some fun with this short but bold statement. I bought 50 of the churchill size and will put them to the test. I would also like to know if there are 15 other members who would like to have some fun with this.

If you are game, I will send you two of these "equal to the Trinidad and Cuban Cohiba" spectacular :D cigars if you PM me and I will ship out to the first 15 respondents. I should have them in about 7 days.

Then just share your comments. I must say I'm not expecting much, but who knows it might be fun and we can determine how accurate the description is. I guess sometimes writers just get a little carried away. BTW unless you get a small Cohiba, both the Cohiba and Trinidad are more than 10 bucks anyway.

I plan to smoke the cigars under similar conditions to what would normally be done for a Trinidad or Cohiba, so there is no bias, ie, in a leather chair, with scotch after a decent meal etc.

I purposely left the name of the cigar out because we'll get to that later, but if you want I'm sure you can find it, along with the quote.

sometimes writers just get a little carried away
Now THAT is an understatement :sign:
Thompson charges way too much for their garbage. I don't think I ever bought from them. At least JR's tells you exactly what they are selling you and they are honest about their products. You can get come great deals from JR's, Atlantic, CI, etc. but I have yet to experience that with Thompsons.

I'm up for the challenge :sign:
PM sent ;)

I live right off of Route 198 Mr. member #998 ;)

Hey Golfgar, I think it's great that you are sponsoring this taste test. I myself have no ISOM's :lookup: :( , but feel free to send one along with your Test stick, and I will be glad to compare both! ;) :p

I'm in. I'll make sure to smoke them under normal conditions too!

Info in my profile.

M. Gipson

PM sent. Now if someone has a spare Trini to send me to match with one of my Cohiba's..... :sign:

How come the little ones have a copy of the Thompson's catalog in their room? Do they just like the pretty pictures, or are there unusual charges showing up on your CC bill? :sign:

How come the little ones have a copy of the Thompson's catalog in their room? Do they just like the pretty pictures, or are there unusual charges showing up on your CC bill?

Good questions...the answer is my wife intercepts the mail and the end result the mail is distributed in the house in odd places, probably so I can't find it. :D

This is the list so far. I'll post when the mail goes out.

1. Coventrycat 86
2. Scott Bushey
3. Roseysman
4. AVB
5. Cigarsarge
6. Nic
7. Psytek
8. Dixieland conjunction
9. Gawntrail
10. Aeroswat
11. Styx&Stoned
12. Maggs44
13. Purobrat
14. cvmfour
15. Beefcube

golfgar said:
How come the little ones have a copy of the Thompson's catalog in their room? Do they just like the pretty pictures, or are there unusual charges showing up on your CC bill?

Good questions...the answer is my wife intercepts the mail and the end result the mail is distributed in the house in odd places, probably so I can't find it. :D
ROFLMAO!!!!

I will surely bite, addy in profile

I bet they are every bit as good.... :p :lookup:

If I were you BC, I would push for #14, as we are only up to 13 so far :p :D

Hey Puro, I wanted to be the last in line !
You always save the best for last..... right?