• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Beer Did You Drink Today (2017)

What's up with all the super cloudy IPAs anymore?

It's the cool thing to do now. I enjoy a hoppy beer, but these NE IPAs are juicy, along with hoppiness. I wouldn't know how to describe the process, but this new IPA style is quickly becoming my favorite. The next time I get some NE IPAs/Pales Ales, I'll send you a few and you can see what the fuss is about.

It's the cool thing to do now. I enjoy a hoppy beer, but these NE IPAs are juicy, along with hoppiness. I wouldn't know how to describe the process, but this new IPA style is quickly becoming my favorite. The next time I get some NE IPAs/Pales Ales, I'll send you a few and you can see what the fuss is about.
I've seen pictures of them popping up on forums/instagram in the last few weeks. Wasn't sure what the premise behind them is. Just unfiltered like wheat beers, or more intentional?

I've seen pictures of them popping up on forums/instagram in the last few weeks. Wasn't sure what the premise behind them is. Just unfiltered like wheat beers, or more intentional?

The Haze Craze :)

Yep, neither filtered or pasteurized, creating a murky/hazy IPA. I've read that a lot of brewers are also using oats, to create a mouthfeel. They also hop later in the process, which supposedly helps with less bitterness and more aroma. This is a great article on the "haze craze":

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...eer-lovers-newfound-obsession-with-murky-ipas

The Haze Craze :)

Yep, neither filtered or pasteurized, creating a murky/hazy IPA. I've read that a lot of brewers are also using oats, to create a mouthfeel. They also hop later in the process, which supposedly helps with less bitterness and more aroma. This is a great article on the "haze craze":

http://www.npr.org/sections/thesalt...eer-lovers-newfound-obsession-with-murky-ipas
Interesting. IPAs with more of a stout mouthfeel. I'll have to find a couple to try to see if I'm in on the "craze".

My buddy gifted me a bottle of Mikkeller Orange Yuzu Glad I Said Porter which I had last night. Strange beer. Not one I'd reach for myself and not one I'd care to try again.

Dropped by the Green Flash Brewery yesterday:
Ideal Belgique (Belgian Strong Ale)
West Coast IPA

This one was gifted to me by a good buddy. I'd never heard of or seen it before. Very subtle mild sourness with a nice smokey flavor. This one was a pleasant surprise.
2mgj9qu.jpg