• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Enjoying my first glass of Zacapa 23. What a nice Rum! I'm fully enjoying it!

Today only had water and coffee, but I expect tomorrow this will be delivered.

img1016926208.jpg

Today only had water and coffee, but I expect tomorrow this will be delivered.

img1016926208.jpg

Very interesting stuff, I will be over tomorrow about 7 :laugh:

Tonight I had some Alberta Rye from my Canadian Father-In-Law. It is a 10yr old, very mild but lacks the sweet and calm a rye should have. Now he is a wonderful man, but not a big spender. The bottle was probably 30 Canadian, so a very fair price. That said, I would mark it better then the Beam Rye and worth trying to find (Doc, I am talking to you) for the price point. Went down nice and easy, not too complex very straight forward, and all at a good value.

Been putting a dent into my bottle of Gosling's dark Bermuda rum with an ice cube here and there. Finally decided to finish the night with the last two fingers I had left of Michter's 10 year rye. Delicious.

Last Night had a few dundee honey browns and capped it off with some Eagle Rare 10. I had been spoiled for a while drinking some higher end bourbons and remember last time I had this it really did not do much for me. I have since taken a small haitus from bourbon and had not had a glass in about a month. Anyhow, this was outstanding complex and with just enough bite. I may have to break the ER 17 out tonight since I always thought that was far superior.

Anyhow anybody on the fence with either Eagle Rare just take the plunge, for @ $20 and $47 you can't go wrong.

Enjoy the weekend! I have a birthday on Sunday and will be breaking the seal on a fresh bottle of Don Julio 1942. I love this stuff.

Drank a glass of Four Roses Small Batch with a cigar last night that was awesome. I put a few tiny ice cubes in it and the flavor was much more robust than I remember it being. Good stuff and I'm glad it's finally available in my area as my bottle is all but done.

I finished off my bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood that was as great as I remember it. Don't know if I will be replacing it anytime soon but I would recommend it for anyone who likes a nice Speyside type Scotch.

But Auchentoshan is a lowland scotch.

I finished off my bottle of Auchentoshan Three Wood that was as great as I remember it. Don't know if I will be replacing it anytime soon but I would recommend it for anyone who likes a nice Speyside type Scotch.

Hah I knew I should have put a disclaimer on there. It is a lowland but are they really that different in flavor from a speyside?

I guess what I mean is if you like speyside scotch you would enjoy that one as well. :)

Not so much in the case of the Three Wood but standard Auchentoshan is a triple distilled scotch left and is very light compared to a Speyside. Bladnoch and Glenkinchie are the only other 2 producing lowland distilleries with Bladnoch being the most southerly of all..

It is a lowland but are they really that different in flavor from a speyside?

Old Fitzgerald 7yo

from 1977 :0

Knob Creek and a wonderful 23yr old Rye out of Willet KY distillery. Amazing stuff. Thanks Blaster!

I do have some 23 but what I sent was 22yo. Still good though eh :)

Knob Creek and a wonderful 23yr old Rye out of Willet KY distillery. Amazing stuff. Thanks Blaster!

Johnnie Walker Blue. Because I can.

Replaced my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch last week from my local, yes they sell Four Roses in TX now! I had a glass of it on Thursday and it was fabulous as always.

Replaced my bottle of Four Roses Small Batch last week from my local, yes they sell Four Roses in TX now! I had a glass of it on Thursday and it was fabulous as always.

I've been wanting to try the Four Roses, Greg, I might just have to head over and do a little tasting!

I've been wanting to try the Four Roses, Greg, I might just have to head over and do a little tasting!

You're welcome anytime, Kyle. I have a bar full of bourbon, scotch, and some rum.

After a few past nights of old faithful (Knob Creek), I will be celebrating this great day with one of America's very best bourbon's.

George T Stagg.

Also, most probably, some William Larue Weller.

Cheers and thanks to George and the boys.

Currently drinking a couple of fingers of Makers Mark on the rocks, it's been a while since I've had it and it's really hitting the spot!