• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What Whiskey, Rum or Cognac are you drinking today.

Went back to the Bshmill's 1608 last night. Still find it interesting. I would be mad if I had bought it at it's first release price ($89) to now buy it at les then 30 a bottle, but it is great Irish.

Had a glass of Arran Port Cask Finish Single Malt - 57% ABV. This stuff is pretty good for a whisky that's supposedly only about 6-7 years old. The color is a ruby color in the bottle and it gets a bit lighter in the glass. Very fruity with a spicey and lasting finish and a bit of peat smoke.

I've had this bottle for a year or so and haven't touched it much. I also have an Arran that's finished in Brandy casks that I haven't even opened yet but I've been meaning to try it...perhaps I'll do that soon.

Went back to the Bshmill's 1608 last night. Still find it interesting. I would be mad if I had bought it at it's first release price ($89) to now buy it at les then 30 a bottle, but it is great Irish.

That's a great deal, can you pm me where you are getting that? I have been looking at that bottle for a while now but, the price keeps me from pulling the trigger. At 30 bones I would be all over it.

Thanks in advance.

-Gregg

Started off with a few too many glasses of Makers Mark and am now on to a glass of Johnny Walker Red.

Pappy Van Winkle 15yr last night. Super smooth and fantastic. Worth the 60ish price tag and made me a happy guy :love:

Got a bottle of aberfeldy 21 in the mail today...so I guess I'll be having that!

Drank the last of my Four Roses Small Batch a few nights ago. Last night I had a glass of Old Forrester Signature.

This weekend I plan on sampling the 30 year old scotch I got in Ray's last group buy.

Gonna have some Ron Zacapa Centenario 23 anos with my Saint Luis Rey Regios tonight after I finish packing my bags for CA. Can't hardly wait.

I'll have to do a good review of the 30 year old Strathisla I had on my birthday last month. From what I remember it was excellent though.

In the meantime I settled for a glass of Balvenie 21 Portwood tonight. Damn fine whisky and I can't believe I've kept my hands off it this long. Haven't touched it in over a year and it's better than I remembered.

I picked up a bottle of Remy Martin VSOP on my way home last night, and enjoyed a glass of that (straight up) along with my Camacho Select...it was delicious.

I'll be having another glass this evening, while enjoying one of my favorite cigars....a Perdomo 2 Limited Edition 2008 Churchill. YUM YUM!

Jeffrey L.

So I'm guessing that you didn't take the advice then.

I wish I could feel this way WITHOUT the patch, but I know I'll eventually be there. It really sucks not being able to enjoy a cigar for the time being...

Jeffrey.

I picked up a bottle of Remy Martin VSOP on my way home last night, and enjoyed a glass of that (straight up) along with my Camacho Select...it was delicious.

I'll be having another glass this evening, while enjoying one of my favorite cigars....a Perdomo 2 Limited Edition 2008 Churchill. YUM YUM!

Jeffrey L.

I and some fellow pirates drank through a bottle of Pyrat the other day. My first time having the stuff and I was very very happy with it. Not as good as my other newer pal Ron Z, but for 25 instead of 45, a little more reasonable to some.

I really recommend this.

IMGP0013.jpg

Trying now to find Ray's review of this.

So I'm guessing that you didn't take the advice then.

I wish I could feel this way WITHOUT the patch, but I know I'll eventually be there. It really sucks not being able to enjoy a cigar for the time being...

Jeffrey.

Jeffrey L.
Actually, I took my patch off when I got home yesterday and didn't put my new one on until this morning.

I plan to do the same this evening, prior to indulging in my Perdomo.

Jeffrey L.

Well that lasted all of about 6 hours. ;)

Well, my 'step 1' patches ARE highly dosed, so I guess I will refrain from smoking cigars until I'm done with the patches. Thanks!
Jeffrey L.

Actually, I took my patch off when I got home yesterday and didn't put my new one on until this morning.

Jeffrey L.

Well that lasted all of about 6 hours. ;)

Well, my 'step 1' patches ARE highly dosed, so I guess I will refrain from smoking cigars until I'm done with the patches. Thanks!
Jeffrey L.

Jeffrey L.
I guess so, then.

Jeffrey L.

Started my trip to Vegas last Wednesday afternoon with Par 3 Cigars at Casa Fuente where I had an Edradour 10, Edradour 10 Non Chillfiltered Series and a Caol Ila 12. Moved onto to Macallan 18 Weds and Thurs at the Mirage. Friday night was Macallan 25 until I drained the bottle and they upgraded me to the 30. I even won a little money to boot!

Had a couple glasses of Compass Box Peat Monster with the wife.

I've been drinking the hell out of Old Grand-Dad 100 Proof Bottled in Bond (screw the wimpy 86 proof version!).

Have to thank AVB for this one. I probably never would've picked it up if it wasn't for his review. I've discovered over the last few years of exploring spirits that I really love rye whiskeys and bourbons with a high rye content.

Now if Beam would only start bottling Basil Hayden at a higher proof... :(