• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

What's on your plate today?

So on the Fourth, Cooked for 16. I'm getting too old for this shit. Unfortunately, I don't trust any one else to do it. No, there's no pictures. Hogs didn't give me a chance.
Made a roast chicken, a very large center cut pork roast, hamburgers and sausage all on Weber's. Plus, potato salad, home made baked beans, roasted red pepers, Caprice salad and corn on the cob. Who says Italians can't do American? Wife contributed strawberry short cake, brownies, ice cream and lots of help.
It was actually fun. I didn't raise my voice once.:cool:

Doc

Last edited:
So on the Fourth, Cooked for 16. I'm getting too old for this shit. Unfortunately, I don't trust any one else to do it. No, there's no pictures. Hogs didn't give me a chance.
Made a roast chicken, a very large center cut pork roast, hamburgers and sausage all on Weber's. Plus, potato salad, home made baked beans, roasted red pepers, Caprice salad and corn on the cob. Who says Italians can't do American? Wife contributed strawberry short cake, brownies, and ice cream and lots of help.
It was actually fun. I didn't raise my voice once.:cool:

Doc
There were no other Italian's then?

IMG_0560.JPG IMG_0562.JPG IMG_0563.JPG IMG_0566.JPG
We do a Mexican 4th at our house. Its a lot less expensive than taking her to Cancun every year. Home made guacamole and pico de gallo with chips for apps and pork or chicken taco's and baked taco salad for dinner, all accompanied by a large beehive of margarita's.

87AE4FB7-A110-47AE-94CE-6890AB95C871.jpeg
Lobstered Devil Eggs. I had these in P town last week and knew I was going to try and make them the first chance I got. I followed a recipe and have to say the ones on the Cape had a stronger lobster flavor so next time it gets twice as much lobster.

Duck noodle soup on the left. Chicken sate on the right.

2z4fekh.jpg

Looks like you got some really good carmelization there. We do something close that call campers stew using beef with veggies and the more carmelized the onions and garlic get the better.

It's something the family all loves. Sometimes we just do it in the backyard because no one wants to wait until the next camping trip to have it. The onions and carrots seem to be everyone's favorite, where the potatoes and chicken skin are mine. One hour seems to be the sweet spot to get the caramelization, but not burn the carrots too much. I forgot and had already eaten a couple of the chicken skins before I took the picture.