• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

250 bottles of scotch on the wall

Looks like no ones signed the wall for awhile. So I'll check in and say. Very Nice, Very Nice Indeed!

Little outdated I would think.. Time to take a new picture?

While I do have more bottles they won't all fit in the pic so 170 is all you'll get unless I decide to physically move them someplace just to take a picture. 170 is still pretty good though don't you think?

Oh yea.. I picture you sitting back relaxing some night, stroking a bottle. Looking at the wall and mumbling, "My Precious.. Oh My Precious!

Gotta say it's a pretty sight! :thumbs: :love:

I should not have looked at the picture while I'm at work. I'm drooling! VERY impressive!! All I can think of now is a wee dram of Adbeg Beast.

Hah I know what you mean Jeff...anytime I look at one of his reviews at work I get all worked up and have to have a glass when I get home. Very impressive collection.

I am truly jealous - I was wondering how long it took to amass that collection - I've been stocking up for about 3 months and I'm only at about 18 bottles (although I think I have some good ones!) so far. Just bought a new cabinet to store them in; I'm severely space limited, too. :(

Here's my list in case anyone's interested or has comments/suggestions: http://d185947.u36.u2-web.com/gpage.html

Spirits are at the bottom below the wife's wine collection.

Time to go shopping!!! LOL!

Pretty good collection, Bill. Especially considering it's only been 3 months. As for the Macallan 1861, I say drink it and buy another one to hold onto.

Nice collection, been shopping at Lucas? I'm not a fan of the Mac 1861 so I'd say drink it if you enjoy it. If you are going to "collect" then you have to decide what you want. I'm working on getting a representation of every SMS distillery that produced from 1956 to current. Some of those can get down right expensive and I'll be getting those last. Right now I have 108 out of the 124 I need but that will go down by one or two soon. I also collect Balvenie Vintage Casks strictly as a collection for investment. Everything else is just stuff I picked up but I'm buying less of things like that while I work on the previously mentioned items. I've been drinking this stuff for 35 years but only seriously collecting for 6.

If you just want to have a good variety of Scotch to have in the house then a consistent 18-25 is far better then most have and you can be fairly choosy as to what you stock. Just looking at what you have I think you need a Laphroaing 15 or Quarter Cask, a Lowland Malt, a Johnnie Walker Green Vatted Malt and you need to lose the ratings. It doesn't matter what MJ, or Broom or AVB says, it's your taste so all that matters is what you think of it.

Welcome to CP and I hope to see some reviews or comments from you soon.

I am truly jealous - I was wondering how long it took to amass that collection - I've been stocking up for about 3 months and I'm only at about 18 bottles (although I think I have some good ones!) so far. Just bought a new cabinet to store them in; I'm severely space limited, too. :(

Here's my list in case anyone's interested or has comments/suggestions: http://d185947.u36.u2-web.com/gpage.html

Spirits are at the bottom below the wife's wine collection.

Time to go shopping!!! LOL!

That is an awesome set up UUNetBill. I wasn't aware StripSteak at Mandalay had such a good selection of single malts. I'll be sure to check it out in a couple of months on my next trip.

For you other Vegas travelers, CraftSteak at MGM also has an amazing amount of hard to find single malts. You can view their extensive menu here. The scotch menu starts on page 41.

I've been collecting/hoarding bottles myself for about 2 years. I have managed to amass about 40 bottles of scotch, another 10-12 bottles of other various whiskies and around 10 decent bottles of vodka. Space has become a major issue here as well.

Yeah, Loren(Mr. Peat) and Ray got me into this "hobby"! Now I have over 50 bottles! Stick around this area to much and you will be sucked in too.

any time i get to feeling guilty and twinging over the cost of a recent acquisition, i just look at that picture and calm right down.

very good for morale!

and in the last couple years, with the *huge* increase in the price of single malts, it's hard to drink it as fast as it appreciates!

You sure don't get THAT with every investment. :)

Glad to see a bottle of Knob Creek in there. Thats my everyday sipper. Goes great with Monte #2.

Yeah I've been looking for the Sazerac 18 and the William Larue Weller for a while with no luck. The Eagle Rare 17 is getting very rare around here as well...might have to search out and buy up whatever I see.

I ordered the rest of the stock from a website of Stagg this week, can't wait to get it. Thanks AVB!

Hey everybody,

I'm new to this site and just started my bottle collection when I graduated from college in 2004. These bottles are all in my closet, but after seeing that 170 bottle photo, I'm reconsidering my display!

So, this is what I have. Some Scotch, some whisky, some blends....

Aberfeldy 21 years
Ardbeg 1978 LE (opening it Saturday)
Arran 10 years
Bowmore 25 years
Buchanan's 12 years
Chivas 25 years
Cutty Sark
Dalwhinnie 15 years
Dewar's 12 years
Glen Garioch 8 years
Glenfiddich 21 years Gran Reserva
Glenlivet 12 years (with custom label)