• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

All Things Golf

My goal this summer is to score below 100! Snow is still melting here so wont be out for another week or so.

Great thread,
Paul

2K6TBSS said:

I've seen fivesomes at times at my local course!! My buddies and I have talked to management but they don't give a hoot.
They just pack them in!!!

The club that I usually play at allows fivesomes, but they must be approved my management first.  If the pro thinks the group will hold up the pace of play, they are declined and must split up.  I play in a fivesome quite often at the course, and we very rarely hold anyone up. There have been times that we have been waiting on the group in front of us, and we were a fivesome.

ETA - Played Saturday and it was terrible.  Shot 90, couldn't get comfortable over the ball, and couldn't get my swing going.  Just a really frustrating day on the course.

That's great you can play at a quick pace. I played with fivesomes in front of me I think it was seriously a 6 hour round! I wish our pros or marshals were that pro active in managing the course to keep things moving.

At our club if you are over like a 14 index, they don't want you to play as a five.  Most of the time my fivesome are all sub 12 index players, and we play "ready golf" to keep things moving (unless a birdie or better is in play, then they get honors on the tee box). I think we have one person in our "normal" fivesome that is a 14 index.  We shoot for a 4-1/2 hour round, and usually finish in 4-1/2 to 4-3/4.

ETA - The club didn't always have that rule though, it wans't until the members started complaining about fivesomes of 15 and higher index players all going out at one time.  Then the pace of play was like a 5-1/2 hour round.  It would be like 3 or 4 groups of 5 going out back to back all with 15+ index, there were even a few fivesomes that were like 24+ index players.  Those really sucked, you would get the 24+ index player holding everyone up so he could line up his 5th putt to get a 12 on the hole.

We have a 7 man wolf game on Friday afternoons!  It can get dicey.

Hit about 300 balls today in the back yard. Hoping I found my swing that disappeared on me last week...

fjldo said:
Hit about 300 balls today in the back yard. Hoping I found my swing that disappeared on me last week...
I hope you can move your arms and back tomorrow! :)

Fold of my left elbow is a bit sore (tendinitis maybe?), but good to go other than that. Get this pain every year in the elbow and lingers to varying degrees depending on how many balls I'm hitting, but isn't too bad.

The plan is to try and get out this weekend. Weather is supposed to be in the mid-50's. Just depends on the course conditions. A few are open, but soggy. Most course are still closed.

Going to be at Foxwoods Apr 25-27 for a bach party. Playing Lake of Isles on Friday and looking for a place for Thursday. Anyone have any experience with Elmridge or Norwich?

Damn lee that's a hell of a Bach party it is F-ing expensive to stay there especially Sat nights! Never played a round there but I have been told all the courses are great.

FINALLY!!!!

Finally was able to hit the course this weekend. Yesterday was brutal. 45 degrees and a wind blowing inland off of Lake Erie. Today was gorgeous. Mid 60's.

First round yesterday - 84. Don't want to talk about the other rounds.

Played yesterday with my dad, uncle and my dad's business partner.  Was sitting on the 16 tee box 5 over, the decided it would be a great idea to finish the round with 3 doubles.  Ended up with a 82 (par 71 course).

Got in a quick 9 yesterday before the weather changed. -1 with a 3 putt, getting really exited for the season.

We have some players here.   I say we all hit the lottery and meet up at Pebble Beach and play of week of golf.   A man can dream.................

80* here yesterday - The grass is finally starting to grow.  

cookie_1978 said:
We have some players here.   I say we all hit the lottery and meet up at Pebble Beach and play of week of golf.   A man can dream.................

80* here yesterday - The grass is finally starting to grow.  
Sounds like a great idea.  Pebble is only about 2 hours from me anyways.

Hoping to get out today and play, maybe this time I won't kill myself on the last 3 holes.

I love Pebble. I have been going every summer with the same group for the last couple of years.

Here is #7 from last summer.
bec4ed8c9cf1e222f2095e4648718bd4_zps79754877.jpg

I feel sorry for dude in the yellow shirt to the right of the bunkers.  That is going to be a tough second shot.

Yeah, hopefully he is IN the bunker.   Otherwise, that is an "X" all day long.  Got a tournament Saturday and it is like maybe 20* here right now with flurries still happening.  This might be pretty interesting.

ilikefishes said:
Yeah, hopefully he is IN the bunker.   Otherwise, that is an "X" all day long.  Got a tournament Saturday and it is like maybe 20* here right now with flurries still happening.  This might be pretty interesting.

We have a course here in NE TN that has a 'snowman' tournament every February.  Winters here are mostly mild-moderate (temps in low 40s-50s), but this year it never got above 35 degrees on that particular day and with intermittent winds of 15-20 mph.  It was absolutely miserable.  Trying to golf in multiple layers of clothing, never being able to get warm and trying to swing a golf club........I won't do it again!  I was so miserable, I lit up only one cigar and couldn't even enjoy that.  Don't envy you playing in 20* weather this weekend........but it will be in the 60s here....come on over!