• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arganese Pyramid Scheme

MLM's are bad except for those at the top of the pyramid. And Yes, Amway, Avon etc. are all pyramids that have products to go along with them, they have actually put some effort into R&D of their products, but they are MLM just the same. Only those at the top make the big bucks.

Not in any way defending the Arganese "opportunity", but how does one make it to the "top" of any MLM organization where the big money is?

Usually, you start the company.....or have a whole ton of gullible friends who in turn have more gullible friends......
Well, not necessarily. Although I agree you have to get in on the action fairly early, you do not have to be one the "first" to get in on the money. My uncle is involved in a energy company which uses MLM marketing and has worked his way up to the #3 salesman for the company. And yes, he makes a stupid amount of money. But he didn't really start from the top of the company. If you work them extremely hard, some of the good MLM companies can still be profitable.

Just IMHO....

Ambit?
Nope.

Just what we all want at our sacred HERFs, some 'low lifes' trying to make money off us. If you're in a "cigar club" to sample cigars every month, great. If you're trying to make some meager cash off your friends. GFY.

This idea of "for the guys who want to make some money on the side", IMO, goes completely against the culture of cigars. It's sad, and it is pathetic.

:)

Hmmm....let's see...$100 to join and another $30/month for 5 cigars per month. That works out to $460 for 60 cigars. Would any of you really pay $460 for 60 of his cigars? I've tried them and I wouldn't be surprised if they started showing up as CI seconds. So if you're the guy at the bottom rung, would you really be happy to pay that much for Arganese cigars?

Here's a review of one of the cigars from our very own Kingantz: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=58615

Just what we all want at our sacred HERFs, some 'low lifes' trying to make money off us. If you're in a "cigar club" to sample cigars every month, great. If you're trying to make some meager cash off your friends. GFY.

This idea of "for the guys who want to make some money on the side", IMO, goes completely against the culture of cigars. It's sad, and it is pathetic.

:)

Mick, this is just one of the many reasons you're my hero. This is exactly how friendships are lost, and potential cigar customers are driven away from the industry...imo.

Here's a review of one of the cigars from our very own Kingantz: http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=58615

Nice search-fu Joe Joe. So...is Rod in the CEO thing??

With the rare exception of Avon, I don't do pyramid shit.

Yup...found a new sig-tag...once it's fixed!

Thanks for the chukle!

Hmmm....let's see...$100 to join and another $30/month for 5 cigars per month. That works out to $460 for 60 cigars. Would any of you really pay $460 for 60 of his cigars? I've tried them and I wouldn't be surprised if they started showing up as CI seconds. So if you're the guy at the bottom rung, would you really be happy to pay that much for Arganese cigars?

I like to be on top for a reason!

<and that's not it!>

:whistling:

Ah, "where did Rod get the CEO cigar?"

Wouldn't mind knowing about that myself. 2 possibilities. First, Rod bought a membership and gave away the cigars, or second, has a relationship with Gene and acquired them as samples. From talking to him, I gather he gets samples from vendors all the time. I wouldn't think less of him for the former (and it ain't our business) and envy the shit out of him the latter.

I too was at the particular herf in Monrovia that Gene came over. His pitch (and I viewed it as an unequivocal pitch, not some "just trying to get some honest opinions) was fairly blatant to skeptical ears such as mind. No big deal I thought, he is a salesman after all. Any salesman is gonna push to some extent his product on you. For me, walks like a duck...etc. As soon as I heard the first thing about an entrance fee and recruiting others I chalked it up as a pyramid scheme. You can rationalize it any which way you want. I won't begrudge anyone who gets involved in it, but I choose to spend my money elsewhere.

As a side note, Gene gifted me a fivepack of the C.E.O.'s as well as a Uno Puro at that herf. I've had one CEO and gifted one of them to a friend. They were decent cigars, nice but nothing special. The Uno I had last weekend during the boxing fight. Disappointing as it had serious burn flaws I attributed to the gargantuan 60-or-so ring gauge.

So what I take from this is that anyone posting a glowing review of CEO/Arganese cigars should be looked upon with suspicion, because they might have a financial interest in it? :)

So what I take from this is that anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars should be looked upon with suspicion, because they might have a financial interest in it? :)

Anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars would be looked upon with suspicion, regardless.

So what I take from this is that anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars should be looked upon with suspicion, because they might have a financial interest in it? :)

Anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars would be looked upon with suspicion, regardless.

Really? I happen to like Arganese cigars and have quite a selection in my humidor. I've posted "glowing reviews" of his cigars in the past, and will continue to do so if I feel the cigar is worthy of a positive review. Your statement is rather broad and incriminating.

To answer Jon's question above, I can't really add much to this topic, aside from the fact that it seems people love to take the opportunity to jump on someone at the first chance they get, even with limited knowledge. I'm not a member of CEO, however I have acquired CEO cigars and sent them out as part of bombs. If I were a member: 1.) It shouldn't be anyones concern whatsoever, and 2.) You'd probably see banner ads promoting the program.

To answer Jon's question above, I can't really add much to this topic, aside from the fact that it seems people love to take the opportunity to jump on someone at the first chance they get, even with limited knowledge. I'm not a member of CEO, however I have acquired CEO cigars and sent them out as part of bombs. If I were a member: 1.) It shouldn't be anyones concern whatsoever, and 2.) You'd probably see banner ads promoting the program.

Again folks to reiterate, I was asking a legitimate question. Rod, I sent you a PM.

Really? I happen to like Arganese cigars and have quite a selection in my humidor. I've posted "glowing reviews" of his cigars in the past, and will continue to do so if I feel the cigar is worthy of a positive review. Your statement is rather broad and incriminating.

That really just goes back to the ages old adage "smoke what you like". Obviously Mick doesn't see much merit in the Arganese line, that shouldn't stop anybody else from trying them out, or liking them for that matter. I don't really see how that's incriminating. I myself have yet to try anything from their line.

I've tried quite a few....liked some, didn't care for others. But you gotta smoke what you like. And personally, I think Gene is a good guy. Always liked him from the day I met him.

That really just goes back to the ages old adage "smoke what you like". Obviously Mick doesn't see much merit in the Arganese line, that shouldn't stop anybody else from trying them out, or liking them for that matter. I don't really see how that's incriminating. I myself have yet to try anything from their line.

Really Joe? I call that 100% incriminating; to suggest someone is guilty of something because they post a review of a cigar that tsmckenney despises.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

I've tried quite a few....liked some, didn't care for others. But you gotta smoke what you like. And personally, I think Gene is a good guy. Always liked him from the day I met him.

ditto!