• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Arganese Pyramid Scheme

In my particular case, for a change; thank god I did start this mess (right Souldog).

I've decided how to take advantage of this club for my own personal gain. I'm going to sign up for the CEO club, and sign up everyone I know... and then stuff the cigars down my cat's digestive tract in an unholy homage to foie gras.

I will then extract the cigars from their litter box, and package them up ala Kopi Luwak coffee and sell them for a profit as a rare and exotic luxury item!

muhahahaha... none of you can stop me!

Andrew: any chance of a group buy on your new exclusive release? :laugh:

So what I take from this is that anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars should be looked upon with suspicion, because they might have a financial interest in it? :)

Anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars would be looked upon with suspicion, regardless.

Really? I happen to like Arganese cigars and have quite a selection in my humidor. I've posted "glowing reviews" of his cigars in the past, and will continue to do so if I feel the cigar is worthy of a positive review. Your statement is rather broad and incriminating.

To answer Jon's question above, I can't really add much to this topic, aside from the fact that it seems people love to take the opportunity to jump on someone at the first chance they get, even with limited knowledge. I'm not a member of CEO, however I have acquired CEO cigars and sent them out as part of bombs. If I were a member: 1.) It shouldn't be anyones concern whatsoever, and 2.) You'd probably see banner ads promoting the program.

That really just goes back to the ages old adage "smoke what you like". Obviously Mick doesn't see much merit in the Arganese line, that shouldn't stop anybody else from trying them out, or liking them for that matter. I don't really see how that's incriminating. I myself have yet to try anything from their line.

Really Joe? I call that 100% incriminating; to suggest someone is guilty of something because they post a review of a cigar that tsmckenney despises.

Smoke what you like and like what you smoke.

Seriously? It was a joke. Post glowing reviews about anything you want, and you are damn right, smoke whatever you want. My post was nothing more than some sarcasm added upon Moki's.

I've decided how to take advantage of this club for my own personal gain. I'm going to sign up for the CEO club, and sign up everyone I know... and then stuff the cigars down my cat's digestive tract in an unholy homage to foie gras.

I will then extract the cigars from their litter box, and package them up ala Kopi Luwak coffee and sell them for a profit as a rare and exotic luxury item!

muhahahaha... none of you can stop me!

Would your link be mokiscatturdcigars.ceomlm.com ?

Andrew: any chance of a group buy on your new exclusive release? :laugh:

When they are ready. Our motto is "You cannot rush the bowels of time."

Just wait until I tell you how we put the bands on...

is there some sort of affiliate program or something to get promo sticks without being members of this program?

The perfect morning cigar! Most mornings my mouth usually tastes of cat farts... :rolleyes:

Derek

Dude, Derek! I think it's intervention time on CP for you, and I'd like to be the first to start it off as:

WTF are you doing the night before that makes your mouth taste like catfarts?!!?!?
#($*!!!!! :0

Talk about wandering off topic. This is done.

So what I take from this is that anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars should be looked upon with suspicion, because they might have a financial interest in it? :)

Anyone posting a glowing review of Arganese cigars would be looked upon with suspicion, regardless.

Really? I happen to like Arganese cigars and have quite a selection in my humidor. I've posted "glowing reviews" of his cigars in the past, and will continue to do so if I feel the cigar is worthy of a positive review. Your statement is rather broad and incriminating.

To answer Jon's question above, I can't really add much to this topic, aside from the fact that it seems people love to take the opportunity to jump on someone at the first chance they get, even with limited knowledge. I'm not a member of CEO, however I have acquired CEO cigars and sent them out as part of bombs. If I were a member: 1.) It shouldn't be anyones concern whatsoever, and 2.) You'd probably see banner ads promoting the program.

Read through all this. I agree, people should smoke what they like. If people can find smokes they love for $2 a stick wtf am I to fault them. I don't personally like Arganese cigars much but I also don't like GoF's, that doesn't mean other people won't. On the other point, I also can see why someone would ask if you were involved. I don't think anyone was trying to incriminate or be accusatory, rather inquisitive. It is easy to see how it can appear you are/were involved in the operation and might have more answers on what was going on. The link in your post in the referenced review thread by Greg to the CEO site has Cp1 in the URL and if you click the enroll button it lists you as the referrer. People noticed and asked for the story, as I am sure they would if it were anyone else.

<Jay's 2¢>

There are numerous ways to buy products of all kinds, because people's shopping habits vary tremendously. Personally, I don't buy my goods and services through channels that are part of a pyramid - BUT some people do. Those people are not necessarily bad people, and what they buy isn't necessarily a bad product or service.

For example, Amyway sells Adidas shoes. I love Adidas shoes. I own 2 pairs, and I didn't buy either one through Amway. I'm certainly not going to blackball Adidas shoes because Amway sells them - and I don't think any less of Adidas as a brand as a result of Amway selling them.

By extension, why should I blackball Arganese cigars because they are being marketed a little differently? The answer, of course, is; I'm not.

You can buy Macanudos in certain drug stores. I don't care for Macanudos, but it's not because they're sold in drug stores - it's because I don't care for them. I don't base my cigar decisions solely on the choices made a given cigar company's marketing department. I base my cigar decisions on how much I enjoy the cigars. After all, a cigar company's marketing department shouldn't put a bad taste in your mouth - a bad cigar should put a bad taste in your mouth.

I have numerous Arganese cigars in my humis. I enjoy them, and will continue to enjoy them.

</Jay's 2¢>

Phil,

That makes sense, and I see the link in question. As previously stated, if I were a member of the program, I would be promoting the hell out of it. Having signed up a few months ago, and then quickly deciding it wasn't for me or CP, I canceled. I'm not sure why the link still works, as my membership was terminated on July 15.

After seeing the CEO program from the inside as it was still being developed, my conclusion was that it provided no added benefit to CP, plain and simple. My hopes were that it would have been structured a bit differently, which in turn would offer members a way to purchase various cigars (aside from CEO) at a discounted price. That didn't happen.

Do I owe everyone an explanation? Absolutely not, however I'm putting this out there to halt any rumors or hearsay that may start. If anyone wants to know more about the program or it's status, Gene is a very approachable person and I'm sure he would be more than happy to talk to you. Funny that the owners of the blog that Bruce posted won't talk to Gene. If you're going to bash someone, at least have the balls to go head on with them. Says a lot about the credibility of that particular blog.

I hope this sets the record straight.

Rod

Thanks Rod that makes sense. Back to my okonomiyaki

Anyone want to buy my cigars? I've decided on a name, too.

Felinese cigars.

Felinese cigars.

Andrew, since I'm local I'd like to take a factory tour and get a look at your operation before investing. :cool:

Felinese cigars.

Andrew, since I'm local I'd like to take a factory tour and get a look at your operation before investing. :cool:

Lawd Lawd Lawd....

This just brought up all sorts of disturbing images,as well as part of my breakfast....

Somehow I picture elbow length rubber gloves, and fiber-optic snake cam......

MEE - EFIN- OW

Tim