• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Baltimore MD Herf?!?!?!?

Emo...watch out:

Tuesday, Jan. 4

6:30 p.m. Charles Thomas Jr., a 21-year-old African-American man, was shot in the head in the 1400 block of Ceddox Street in Curtis Bay. He was pronounced dead on the scene. Thomas was found guilty on auto-theft charges in 2002 and had a possession of marijuana case pending at the time of his death.

Forgot to post back. I'll be there, but a short time. Got some health issues with the mom-in-law and having family time at their house in the afternoon.

My father-in-law passed away last night so I will not be able to make it.

I'm sorry for your loss, perhaps we will meet later under better circumstances.

The herf went off at Ropewalk with everyone making it fairly close to on time. Some great smokes gave thier lives for the cause. Big100HD took pics so maybe he'll be posting them a bit later. Thanks to all who shared the brotherhood, that's what it is all about. :thumbs:

It was great to meet up with everyone yesterday. I am really glad that someone said to ask AVB about the State Trooper. Mel, I really hope that everything works out for you and your family, and that goes for Beefcube, too. Big100HD, I finally understand exactly where the internet handle comes from, and the having the wife there was quite an entertainment. And for the man of the hour, Emo, it was great to see you, and hope your time goes well while you are in Baltimore.

Great to see everyone, and hope we can work something out in March or so...

ALostTexan

AVB, you couldn't hit the nail more on the head. The herfs are what this is all about. Knowing that you have friends to get together with and enjoy a few cigars when things are really crappy in your life is awesome. I am willing to bet that Melski would agree with that. I drove a few hours, but to be there and smoke a cigar with him was totally worth it.

Last year, a FOG on here said that he really didn't care about things on the board, but that he was simply here for the herfs and they were important to him. I talked to him on the phone, and didn't quite comprehend it at the time, but after herfing with my buddies in Columbus, and with ya'll this weekend and stuff, I totally understand it now. We all bitch and complain alot on here, but the herfs are what is really important.

Anyway, good to see you again, and if you are ever in my area up here, let me know and I'll buy you a beer over a good cigar...

ALostTexan

GREAT TIME ! !
Started off I got there too early and had to take a walk around till the place opened. Lucky there is a cigar shop 5 minutes away, saw A Lost Texan in the shop but didn't know who he was.
Had a good time meeting all,AVB(again), A L T, Melski, Emodx, Big100HD and wife. I got to check out the MRN book a few minutes between all the other things going on, alot of info in the book and more from everybodyelse as we talked about it.

As the newbie-est there I got a taste of what everybody here calls "getting it". I did pay a "thank you" to AVB, and brought a small bag for Emodx to hand out back at the yard as I told him I've seen the CG here on the bay in action many times. Just a small something for the work they do. But I got hit by the guys who brought their "A game" cigars and freely handed them out. I was surprised and maybe I'm starting to "get it". Its not who you are or what you can get, its about everybody and passing on to share the experience with the next guy.
Thanks for the great cigars guys.

Melski we are in similar situations with ailing loved ones and hope your turns to the best .

Would do it again, lets just hope I get the time right and its warmer outside.

Thanks Gentlemen for a great afternoon,

Yes, Emo & I would have been on time if I didn't get lost picking him up. It's all good.

I never did get to cigar shop around the corner. Yes I took pics, I'll work on getting them posted this evening.

I'm glad we had such a great story teller like AVB. Me, I can't remember a good joke 5 minutes after I hear it.

melski, beefcube, thanks for taking the time to be with us with your family situation the way it is. Debbie(my wife) and I have you and your family in our prayers.

Thanks for the great humi's mel, but one question....where is the key to the small one? :thumbs:

Emo, it was a real pleasure, I hope the rest of your night went well. As I said, anytime you want to get away for the weekend....me casa - you casa.
(I hope I spelled it right).

ALT, Your a nice guy in person.... :D (still trying to figure that one out.)

I think it was AVB, Beefcube, and Melski, I never did get you the last stick before we broke up....so I owe you one. I felt bad about that.

I called that number on the wall.....guess what I'm getting.... :p

OH ya....now which one will it be? Have to make another trip back there to pick it out.

You know, no one has said anything about ROPEWALK TAVERN.

A great little bar which should be on everyone go to list.

Ya little bar. 2 floor, 4 bars, pool table, darts, Great food. best of all
excellent prices and good service.

I'm looking forward to the next one. MARCH?????

******herf pics added*******
Baltimore herf pics

the ropewalk is a great place isn't it? glad you guys had fun. and glad a few more people got to hear about the State Trooper!

Thanks for the great pics for those of us who couldn't be there! It's good to place some faces on a few names.

I'm glad you guys (and Debbie) all had a good time.

Well I am finally able to access CP again for a while. A good time was had by all here. Ropewalk was definately a great choice! Perhaps another at the end of March or the begining of April.

emo

I thought Emo was on the road for awhile and wouldn't be back in Charm City until April. I could be mistaken though.

I am back in the sun shine state until Saturday. That's when I make my way to NorCal for a couple of weeks. The earliest I can do another HERF in Baltimore is Sunday the 17th. I need to talk to my Supervisor and see when they paln on floating the ship. I will keep you guys updated.

Emo

What does your Apr 9th look like? There are some people already coming in to Baltimore that day.

I'm supposed to be in the area on the 9th. Could break away for this.