• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Infused?

You should infuse them in a ziplock baggy so you don't screw up the wood in the humidor.

Well I'm currently using a plastic container. After I take them out Im assuming I'll need to let them rest a little while.....don't put them back in the humidor?

I was also thinking of using a pickling jar instead of plastic box.... Maybe I'll try that next time. Standing the sticks up around a shot glass of choice.

Ok I just read of someone using a pickling jar or mason jar, put in a couple inches of glass marbles then added the liquor or coffee or whatever half way up the marbles, allowing the sticks to stand directly above the liquid without touching it. Pretty good idea. So I think anyway.

I may change out my coffee, vanilla mix after a few days to a fresh brew, and check its status plus rotate the smokes.

Sorry so many posts lol, so many ideas. Just throwing them all out there.

Jeff

Check out Drew Estates. I know you said you don't like Acids, but JD (who is a member here) has a full line of premium flavored cigars that you might like.

Mix equal parts fine ground expresso and powdered sugar. Lightly wet your cigar and then roll it in the mixture. Now you have a Java!

Do you think using the vanilla sticks is throwing off the control of the experiment?

Maybe through in one natural cigar? Just a thought.

I would be interested to see how a Padrón Londres would taste if placed in a zip lock full of espresso beans for about a month.

Maybe Ill give that a go as well. I just ran down the the local smoke shop and picked up 2 Casa de Garcias. Anyone had these? The kid in there told me they are cheap, all CT leaf, and Very mild also great tasting? I grabbed 2 figuring this may be a great base for infusing flavors to. Cheap, Mild, and good? hahaha Well see.

Also grabbed a Drew Estates, Latte stick. OMG Fantastic. I could never have imagined the flavors being like that!! hope myn come out like this. Ya right! Anyway it was very creamy smooth and tasted just like a damn latte. But had a finish of tobacco with a hint of the peppery kick to the mouth and throat, Very well done, only complaint I have is its a little soft of a cigar, but all in all burns smooth, even, and the ash hangs on for the long run!

Jeff

JD knows how to make flavored cigars. If you want a good one, buy an infused Drew Estate.

Maybe Ill give that a go as well. I just ran down the the local smoke shop and picked up 2 Casa de Garcias. Anyone had these? The kid in there told me they are cheap, all CT leaf, and Very mild also great tasting? I grabbed 2 figuring this may be a great base for infusing flavors to. Cheap, Mild, and good? hahaha Well see.

Also grabbed a Drew Estates, Latte stick. OMG Fantastic. I could never have imagined the flavors being like that!! hope myn come out like this. Ya right! Anyway it was very creamy smooth and tasted just like a damn latte. But had a finish of tobacco with a hint of the peppery kick to the mouth and throat, Very well done, only complaint I have is its a little soft of a cigar, but all in all burns smooth, even, and the ash hangs on for the long run!

Jeff

I really, really like the Java line.

I hope I can get even a little close to that with my experiment hahaha

Doubtful. The stuff Drew puts out is all long filler, good quality tobacco. The Tatiana stuff you used is short filler machine rolled stuff, who knows what percentage tobacco, and soaked in flavoring. I don't think trying to infuse flavored sticks makes sense.

You have a point but I figured I'd play around. I'll try the new sticks I got today in my next batch.

Hey everyone,
After trying out that Drew Java Latte yesterday I ran back to the smoke shop on lunch because they had another Java infused stick that I now have to try! So I grabbed it. Its Tabak Especial Robusto Coffee Infused Dulce. The kid there said he likes it way better then the Drew stick, he says its got more flavor, creamier, smoother, and less pepper finish. Cant wait to try it out. Ill report back in a couple hrs.

If anyone has tried this post your thoughts. Thanks

Jeff

I think you should have gone with a non-flavored cigar so that you could actually tell if the cigar absorbed any of the flavors or not!

Cool experiment.

I was going to suggest the same thing, lay the cigars in a bed of flavored coffee grounds inside your Tupperware thingy...that should give it a boost!

I wonder if any caffeine will transfer to the cigar from the whole beans!