• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Infused?

Can you really get Beatles in a air tight Tupperware? Also I'm keeping a close eye on it everyday. Checking for mold and so on.mthis is also why I let them rest and air dry out of the container all day yesterday, to one allow them to lock in some flavor and dry out a little so that they could absorb more and new flavors from the coffee this week. This weekend I'll take them out again.

I'll open it midweek to take a look and smell, and will report the results.

Yes this is a expiriment so anything is possible. Lol

Jeff

The beetle eggs are already there. Give them the right conditions and they'll hatch.

As to The Beatles, I don't think they'll bother your tupperware...

Lol you learn something new everyday. How long do eggs last....forever? A 2 yr old stick given the right conditoons can hatch? Kinds odd.. are they in there from the growing process or rolling or aging?

Tobacco beetle eggs can already be in your cigars. They are more prominent in CC because of a lack in quality control and preventative methods, but can also be found in any cigar, especially those companies that don't treat for them. The eggs hatch at temperatures over 73-74 degrees. Hope this helps, you can find more info at Link

Thanks for the help. Havent seen any signs of them in the humidor when it was given to me. And still nothing today. Ill keep a close eye on everything though.

Jeff

Ok I know not many of you are into my little science experiment but I have asked a few times if anyone had any suggestions on how long to continue this infusion process. I had the french vanilla blend in there for 1 week. I now have a expresso blend in there. Was thinking of keeping that in there till sunday as well. Should I go longer? Or test them out. Im not sure if its to soon? Or do I continue to infuse for a week, let them air out for a day, infuse for a week, air out for a day and so on. And if so..... For how long? I know there is no RIGHT answer here im just looking for suggestions.

Thanks  

I don't think I'm reaching too much by saying you're in uncharted waters.  You're the Ponce de Leon of cigar infusion.  I would suggest trial and error and report back with your findings so future generations can benefit from your experiment.

Maybe contact Lars Tetens, he's known for very "high end" infused "cigars".

MoeCizlak said:
I don't think I'm reaching too much by saying you're in uncharted waters.  You're the Ponce de Leon of cigar infusion.  I would suggest trial and error and report back with your findings so future generations can benefit from your experiment.

So you're saying he should drink the infusion and become younger?

wkoti said:
Maybe contact Lars Tetens, he's known for very "high end" infused "cigars".

Wow, I totally forgot about that guy from 6 years ago,  :sign:

tomthirtysix said:

Yes, because that's all he did.  For those of us with degrees, it's fairly common knowledge that he was heavily involved in the subjugation of the Tainos.  Now let me know if I go too fast.  The Tainos were an indigenous people that inhabited Puerto Rico, Hispaniola and Cuba.  Now I'm coming to the part where I purposefully used this explorer in my post on a cigar board.  You see, the Tainos raised many crops and one of them was tobacco which the Spanish liked very much and exported back to the Continent and from there the popularity exploded and morphed into this cigar hobby we all share.  In fact, that image burned into every box of Cohiba cigars is the image of a Tainos.  So yes, some of you may often associate Ponce de Leon with the "Fountain of Youth", he in fact did many things in his life.  The Tainos aspect is why I chose him over someone like the Norse explorer Leif Garrett.  :rolleyes:

MichaelB said:
Tobacco beetle eggs can already be in your cigars. They are more prominent in CC because of a lack in quality control and preventative methods, but can also be found in any cigar, especially those companies that don't treat for them. The eggs hatch at temperatures over 73-74 degrees. Hope this helps, you can find more info at Link
You may want to update your information regarding Habanos: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/2390

But yes, even with freezing, the larvae can still hatch if conditions are right - for ANY cigar.

eXc, you may want to take some time and review some threads in various forums.

grateful1 said:
You may want to update your information regarding Habanos: http://www.cigaraficionado.com/webfeatures/show/id/2390

But yes, even with freezing, the larvae can still hatch if conditions are right - for ANY cigar.

eXc, you may want to take some time and review some threads in various forums.
Thanks for the update, I knew there was a better reference but I couldn't find it with a quick search. Even though the article mentions better measures are taken to prevent beetles, personally, I have had more beetle problems with CC than cigars coming from anywhere else. It may have been complete chance with the CC that I have had though.

MoeCizlak said:

Yes, because that's all he did.  For those of us with degrees, it's fairly common knowledge that he was heavily involved in the subjugation of the Tainos.  Now let me know if I go too fast.  The Tainos were an indigenous people that inhabited Puerto Rico, Hispaniola and Cuba.  Now I'm coming to the part where I purposefully used this explorer in my post on a cigar board.  You see, the Tainos raised many crops and one of them was tobacco which the Spanish liked very much and exported back to the Continent and from there the popularity exploded and morphed into this cigar hobby we all share.  In fact, that image burned into every box of Cohiba cigars is the image of a Tainos.  So yes, some of you may often associate Ponce de Leon with the "Fountain of Youth", he in fact did many things in his life.  The Tainos aspect is why I chose him over someone like the Norse explorer Leif Garrett.  :rolleyes:

Stop drinking the humidor water.

tomthirtysix said:

No.

MoeCizlak said:

No.

Had to know I couldn't get an Irish to stop drinking.

tomthirtysix said:

And stop licking the beads.

JHolmes763 said:

And stop licking the beads.

Don't encourage him John.  His unfounded hate manifests itself just fine on its own.