• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cognac Infused?

Not sure, like I said I now have a couple non flavored cigars to try again, I started with the vanilla sticks because I had them and they actually have nice flavor, so well see if it boosts it. I will do the mild non flavored sticks this weekend.

Jeff

Ok so a fast review on that new dulce java stick. All I can say is wow! Way better then the drew latte if you ask me. 100x smoother and creamier, less peppery finish and a caramel flavor at the end. I will not be going back to the drew stick. This smoke was round not square, and much firmer, the ash even stuck around till the half way point when I set it down and broke it. Anyone who has not tried this I highly highly reccomend it.

My new favorite

Jeff

Ok I know its only been a couple days, but I had to open the French Vanilla BREW! lol I only opened it for 1 min to rotate the sticks and give them a quick smell. OMG! smell amazing! ton of vanilla and coffee scent! now im excited! how long should I leave them? week? 3 weeks? month? 3 months? lol I have no idea.

Jeff

So after further analysis I've stumbled upon the tabak stick I mentioned above. I now know this is also made by drew estates? Or so says the Internet. I did not know this in my above reviews. So when I said I like the tabak way better then the drew stick, apparently that made no sense lol. I prefer the tabak dulce robusto stick over the drew java latte. Lol sorry for the confusion if there was any. Hopefully this post is accurate.

Jeff

Ps. I also added those other two sticks to the French vanilla coffee infusion experiment today. Updates to come. I think I'm going to take them out Sunday and let them dry up a little, and brew a new shot with vanilla and reinsert them for another week, and repeat the dry, new shot process the following week. I'm hoping by doing the dry process this allows the flavor to infuse better into the stick, then rehydrating it with more flavor.
Also when I say dry out, I don't mean dry as a popcorn fart lol I just mean air out for a few hrs or half a day so they are no long saturated, allowing them to absorb more when re-entered into the infusion chamber. Muha ha ha.

Jeff

I suppose I should of named this thread vanilla infused. Not cognac infused. lol.

Anyone heard of, or used those flavoring oils? I think they are more common for pipe smokers to add a drop or 2 to there pack, but I think Drew Estates uses oil to infuse some of there. Not a big fan of the acids but I read a little bit online about people injecting flavor oils, sometimes even using a suringe to do so with good results... Flavor oil, flavors are endless.......maybe I'll explore this more as well.

Jeff

How about smoking cigars, while getting back rubs?

Jeff

And if that vanilla back rub oil were to drop a drop on your smoke while you were getting that back rub, what would it taste like? LOL

I get a little knot in my stomach just thinking about how nasty those cigars are going to be.

If you like 'em, though... carry on, brother, carry on.

haha you maybe right. All I know is I love the Tabaks and they are very sweet flavored. Ill keep you posted. But you I think are right my friend LOL they are gonna be gross im sure! hahaha

Smoke what you like...I think everyone can agree on that.  I'd also imagine that oils would work better, as they would adhere to the tobacco better.  But then again...what do I know?

You should do a video review when you smoke your creation. 

Ha! I may just have to do that! and Creation is a perfect word for it! hahaha I think Rod just wants to see me throw up or smash the stick in disgust. I will at the very least! do a good write up on it. Shall I keep posting it here? or should I start a new thread in the Cigar Review section?

No matter how they come out, I think it's an interesting experiment (though I'm not holding much hope of an extremely pleasant smoking experience...).  As many said, I think starting with at least one natural tobacco stick in there would have been a good control to see just how much is absorbed and "flavored".  

I'm interested in seeing how it turns out.  You are talking about opening, closing, rotating, changing brews, drying, rehydrating...  Personally, I would change as few variables as possible each time to see what is and isn't making a discernible change in your group.  If you are doing all these things, you won't really know what made it good or bad when it's time to smoke them.

*EDIT*  I also reviewed a Java, which may or may not be interesting for you.

*EDIT II*  Screw it, I can't figure out how to do a hotlink...  

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/71446-drew-estate-rp-java-toro-maduro/

I added 2 vanilla sticks and 2 unflavored mild sticks, I didnt show in the picture. I will post more updates later, im going to take them out and let them dry out a little. So ill post new pics.

jeff

After 1 week in with the KCUP and vanilla, the sticks spent the day airing out. Now its time to work on that coffee flavor some more.

First Ill start off with some espresso coffee.
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10251]

A few spoon fulls into the (humidification device LOL)
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10252]

Boiling up some water
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10253]

Add the hot water to the grounds
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10254]

And replace in container while still steaming for maximum coffee freshness
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:10255]

and back to the dark place to rest for another week. Next weekend well start a new process and see where we stand.

I'd then worry about beetles or mold. It's going to get hot and steamy inside that container, over humidifying the cigars and making a ideal condition for beetle eggs to hatch and mold to sprout!

I'm surprised it doesn't look like a science experiment already!