• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

Okay the last thing I have done, to date, is calibrate my digital hygrometer, using the salt method and 2 baggies. My hygrometer was off by -4%. So that means that my hygrometer after sitting in the bag read 71%. So I placed a note above my hygrometer to add 4% for actual humidity. As for the pictures. Well I have taken them. The only problem is that my camera is not being recognized by my PC. I have to get an updated software program. This will have to wait until Monday when I get back from work.

Sounds like you are going to have plenty of room for some GREAT cigars.

Glad you have so many. . . that will mean you have plenty to send out to all your friends. :D

GuyanaBoy said:
Sounds like you are going to have plenty of room for some GREAT cigars.

Glad you have so many. . . that will mean you have plenty to send out to all your friends. :D
You have been reading Emo's post on free cigars haven't you. :p

GuyanaBoy said:
Hey, it doen't take me long to learn from the Master! LOL

:D :p :D
icon9.gif

Allofus123 said:
You don't need to put cedar on the walls of the cooler unless you want to. Your cigar boxes are all the cedar you need. Put your cigars in and then fill the rest of the cooler with empty cigar boxes. As you need room for cigars... remove the empty boxes. You will soon realize that the more things you put in there (such as cedar sides and shelves) the less room you will have for cigars.
I agree with Kenny. I've got five coolidors set up and all I did was wash them out when I got home and let them air dry. Then I put the humidifying element I was going to use(they have all been switched over to the Climmax beads now), put the cigars in and forgot about it. The cedar boxes that the cigars are stored in is sufficient.

Okay here are the pic's so far. SOrry for the size, but I have never done this before. Okay to tell you a little about them. The first one is of the front of the new coolidor, which is placed inside of my closet. The second pic is the beginning stages of construction. As you can see, I had to add wooden sliders on each side of the cooler to extend the shelves to the front of the cooler. The third pic, is of the inside of the door, as you can see I went a little bit nuts with the cedar sheets, hehe, I was bored okay. Now the fourth, is just a better pic of the inside. I will post a pic when I have it completely done with cigars and climaxx beads.

I think there is a definate difference in the flavor between cigars aged in plain cedar boxes and those aged in dress boxes. Complex cigars I usually prefer aged with less of a cedar taste. Like the Montecristo Vintage, CAO Brazilia, and VSG. Other cigars I like with heavy cedar flavor, usually the light bodied cigars. That's my 2 cents.
Emo

I think you should ship it to me and let me inspect it to make sure it us just right. . . :D :lookup:

Surething. What I need you to do is sit by the mailbox, and make sure it arrives :lookup: :sign:

I'm typing this from the mailbox (I have a wireless connection with my laptop.) Will let you know when it arrives. . . :D

OHH SURE. Just wait right there, I will let you know REAL soon, I promise. :D :D

Hey. . . . it sure is getting dark out here. . . I think he lied to me. . . . :(

GuyanaBoy said:
Hey. . . . it sure is getting dark out here. . . I think he lied to me. . . . :(
MEEE, LIE. Hold your tongue knave. I am a upstanding citizen of my community. I said you would get it. :p , well maybe not the ACTUAL coolidor, but maybe an autographed picture of me next to the coolidor, isn't that good enough :D :D