• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Coolidor

the_finger.gif
Freaken' JAR HEAD :p

Update on the coolidor, I went to Costco and picked up a 152qt cooler(54.00), I found a spot in my closet for the coolidor. I have placed cedar in the cooler, the only problem is that the damn double sided tape won't stay on. So now what do I do?

I disagree Joe. I had glued cedar into my coolerdor and it did leave a bit of an odor. I might have used too much though. If yer havin problems with the double sided tape, leave the plastic on one side, and heat the other side with a blow drier until it is tackier. Apply it to the cedar, place it on the floor tape side down, then put a couple heavy items on the areas where the tape is located. Leave overnight and you're golden.
Your other choice is small wood screws screwed in flush. :)

Emo

You don't need to put cedar on the walls of the cooler unless you want to. Your cigar boxes are all the cedar you need. Put your cigars in and then fill the rest of the cooler with empty cigar boxes. As you need room for cigars... remove the empty boxes. You will soon realize that the more things you put in there (such as cedar sides and shelves) the less room you will have for cigars.

Allofus123 said:
You don't need to put cedar on the walls of the cooler unless you want to. Your cigar boxes are all the cedar you need. Put your cigars in and then fill the rest of the cooler with empty cigar boxes. As you need room for cigars... remove the empty boxes. You will soon realize that the more things you put in there (such as cedar sides and shelves) the less room you will have for cigars.
This is coming from the man with a beautiful cabinet. LOL....Tell ya what, keep whats in the cabinet, and send me what's in the coolers.
Emo

Laughing @ Emo....... :sign:

I started much like everyone else...... small desktop that soon was full ........ then built a coolidor lining it with cedar/shelves...... soon removed the cedar and shelves to get another box or two in....... then built a fridgador with shelves and cedar only to remove the shelves and cedar to get a few more boxes in....LOL! Trust me...... you'll eventually remove them for the extra room. :D

I've got a few years to think about what I'm going to do if I ever get this new cabinet filled. At least I hope its a few years..... LOL! ;)

Allofus123 said:
Laughing @ Emo....... :sign:

I started much like everyone else...... small desktop that soon was full ........ then built a coolidor lining it with cedar/shelves...... soon removed the cedar and shelves to get another box or two in....... then built a fridgador with shelves and cedar only to remove the shelves and cedar to get a few more boxes in....LOL! Trust me...... you'll eventually remove them for the extra room. :D

I've got a few years to think about what I'm going to do if I ever get this new cabinet filled. At least I hope its a few years..... LOL! ;)
Well you got my addy just in case it does fill too fast...LOL

Well, I tried the glue gun. Unfortunately the glue either was bad or something, because it would not stick to the side of the cooler. When I placed the cooler on its side the slots where not very deep only coming halfway to the front of the cooler. So I added rail extentions using small pieces of wood and screwing them to the side. This seemed to work. Now I have 5 shelves about 5 inches in height, and about 12 inches deep. I spoke to Vern and the beads should be here about Monday. Other than that it is coming along nicely. :D I will put up PIC's when I am done

emodx said:
I disagree Joe. I had glued cedar into my coolerdor and it did leave a bit of an odor. I might have used too much though.
I use ARROW glue sticks for many projects, No smell at all. But then again, kinda' put the ole' honker through hell in my younger days :0 :p

JOE.M. said:
But then again, kinda' put the ole' honker through hell in my younger days :0 :p
Been there done that Bro. Can't smell myself fart. Sure was fun at the time :0

Okay, I am in a little bind. I have sooo many cigars, and no place to put them(NO I won't send them to any of you moochers so don't ask :p ). I should get the climmaxx beads in on either Saturday or Monday, I am thinking Monday. What I want to know is how long can these cigars, some are loose in baggies. How long can they last, and when can I put the cigars in the coolidor after the beads arrive and I put the stuff in the bottom. Oh yeah, what kind of container should I use for the beads. If it looks like I am asking a lot of questions, the reason is 2 fold, 1 it helps me out, 2 it helps out anybody else that is building a coolidor, that way I will ask all the stupid or obvious questions and that way they don't have too. :D

PG the cigars should be fine until Monday in the sealed baggies, in fact put them in the coolidor. As soon as you set up the beads in the coolidor, fill that puppy up! :thumbs:

Well I got the cedar to stick. I just waited to long to put the cedar on after applying the glue. I have cedar on every surface I could find LMAO I had quite alot of cedar, now I am trying to decide if I should leave the shelves which are 1/4" THICK, 3 1/2" WIDE, if I should leave them loose meaning I won't secure them together, or make them individually removable, I am thinking about placing the individual cigars directly onto the shelves, and by ding this, should I make a tray of some kind for the cigars, or secure the shelves together leaving a 1/2" gap between each. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to make a lip on the front or back to prevent the cigars from falling. But I don't think I will have to worry about this, since I won't be moving the coolidor anywhere. So what does anybody have any thoughts about this problem :)

I thought at this point I would give the total cost for my little toy.

IGLOO cooler 152qt - $64.49 (Costco)

Cedar(x8)1/4" THICK, 3 1/2" WIDE, 18" LONG. - $36.24 (Ebay)

Wooden pieces(rail extensions),screws - $6.97 (Home Depot)

Double Sided tape and battery for Hygrometer - $9.92 (WalMart)

Hot Glue gun, glue sticks - Free (Wifes)

Cedar thin sheets for side of cooler - Free (Local cigar shop freely gave me a lot)

Climmaxx 65% beads (1lb) - $34.99 (Climmaxx.com)

Professional Help from CP members - Priceless :D
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Grand Total - $152.61