• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Hate to do this to ya Sam, but the community has to know...

B.B.S,
After jfields stepped up and took care of me on another thread where pembroke dropped the ball, I would love to handle this to pay forward his good will. Golf, shoot me your addy and I can get ya a nice bottle of wine and some choice sticks out asap.
Thanks
DE
Excellent - thanks for stepping up, RedRaider. I'll watch the thread and will be glad to "fill in the blanks" as required. Sounds like you have it......:thumbs:

Thanks I just read all of this. I apologize for my lack of communication too. I let this go for a couple of weeks because Sam said he was going to an event at a local B&M and he had the opportunity to pick some not released yet sticks and I agreed. I went out of town for a week (wife was home though) and when I got back I couldn't believe nothing has arrived yet (almost 4 weeks). I did send a pm last week after talking to drunkfish and Sam did respond back with the same message basically he posted in the PIF thread. Going through some stuff and felt bad for letting it slip. He will send 24 hours later.

I really like to stay out of the drama but have responded to all inquiry pm's in a timely manner and have always been truthful with everyone.

If everyone considers Sam's end dead I will pm redraider...and thanks for stepping up.

He was logged in again at 0530 this morning. That's 4 days that there have been posts that he needed to answer to. That's 4 days that he's decided to ignore the community. That, in my opinion, should be the last of Sam Tramontana here at Cigar Pass.

It's sad that there are people like this. If more American fathers were men of their word, this would be a much better country to live in.

Sam, you must have some pretty good friends here. I have never been in a PIF or a Pass but I know if this had been me, I would have been devoured by the FOG's and shit on the lawn. IMHO fix this as fast as you can. These are good people here and shouldn't have had to take such measures.

A mans word is character, without either is there a man? I hope he is able to fulfill his obligation to those affected. It's a shame many say things but when push comes to shove it doesn't happen.

You have PM golf.. :whistling:

PM answered and thanks for stepping up! I am sorry Sam it had to be this way, but I believe it was the communication that killed this one. I hope some newbs read this and can take a lesson on this how this community won't stand for any shady non-communication botls around here. I spoke like I am not a newb ha!

I am one though...still

Sam, you must have some pretty good friends here. I have never been in a PIF or a Pass but I know if this had been me, I would have been devoured by the FOG's and shit on the lawn. IMHO fix this as fast as you can. These are good people here and shouldn't have had to take such measures.

No, I'd like to think that no matter who it was that screwed up, they would be handled the same! This was something that was brought to my attention a month and a half into the second time around or it would have been handled much sooner. The only difference in how someone is treated in one of these situations is how they've handled themselves in the past. If they've lead up to their final mistake by being an asshat, you tend to get a whole lot of other people including newbs feel like they need to pile onto the thread and you're dealtwith in a little less civil of a way. When it's something like this that catches you off guard because up until this point, he's been a model CP'er, people for the most part tend to stay on the sideline and let those that handle these things, handle it.

So with that being said, there is no fixing this as "fast as you can" HM. The damage is done, the reputation has been irrevocably damaged, because each time he logs in without a response or apology to the community (like last night) he shits on each and every one of us.

There's a reason things are done the way they are. I guess you still can't grasp why we had a problem with what you were doing given the "I would have been devoured by the FOG's and shit on the lawn" statement.

.....There's a reason things are done the way they are. I guess you still can't grasp why we had a problem with what you were doing given the "I would have been devoured by the FOG's and shit on the lawn" statement.
I questioned that statement as well. Bad traders are bad traders and it's really that simple. Tenure makes absolutely no difference.

If you think you've been treated unfairly, say so. If you have a point to make, make it. But make it in another thread.

B.B.S.

.....There's a reason things are done the way they are. I guess you still can't grasp why we had a problem with what you were doing given the "I would have been devoured by the FOG's and shit on the lawn" statement.
I questioned that statement as well. Bad traders are bad traders and it's really that simple. Tenure makes absolutely no difference.

If you think you've been treated unfairly, say so. If you have a point to make, make it. But make it in another thread.

B.B.S.

Unfortunately he has no point to make and still doesn't get how things are done here and why. Which is evidenced by his statement. But you're right this isnot the thread for the next installment of the Humidor Minister saga.

A man is only as good as his word. Time to remove this individual from the good graces of CP as he has proven his word is as worthless as he is.

There are plenty of guys we used to really like on the scumbags list.

You're right, but people are handled in different manners when they mess up, based on their tenure and gained reputation. I think that's the point HM was trying to make, as irrelevant as it is to this thread.

-John

Noooooooo . . . not THIS discussion again! :rolleyes:

In my limited, entirely noobish experience, people who eff up are generally handled according to their initial response to being called out. Show yer azz, get it chewed, reamed and/or kicked! ;)

And now I'm gonna STFU. The FOGs have this one well in hand, digressions included.

~Boar

You're right, but people are handled in different manners when they mess up, based on their tenure and gained reputation. I think that's the point HM was trying to make, as irrelevant as it is to this thread.

-John
John, I couldn't disagree more. You may not like the outcome of what transpires, but folks get the attention they deserve, and I believe the playing field is completely level. I stand by my statement - tenure doesn't matter. A bad trader is a bad trader.

And, you're right - this is off topic for this thread and the last I'll comment on it.

In my limited, entirely noobish experience, people who eff up are generally handled according to their initial response to being called out. Show yer azz, get it chewed, reamed and/or kicked!
wink.gif

And now I'm gonna STFU. The FOGs have this one well in hand, digressions included.

~Boar

^^^ This, John. The reason this one is tame so to speak, is because Sam hasn't shown up to defend himself. Like Boar stated, the initial response to the calling out is generally the way the rest of it is handled. If you screw up, you screw up. It's all in how you react to it as to how the situation is handled from that point on.

Tenure has nothing to do with it. If Sam had responded to this thread in a negative manner, we would have handed him his ass just like your everyday asshat. The fact that he hasn't responded is what doesn't sit well with anyone at this point. He needs to be shown the door IMO.

It will be a week tomorrow that Sam promised his end being sent out to Golfie. It will be 3 MONTHS on Saturday since Sam entered into the PIF and promised to send something to Golfie. I think we waited less time on Lee, and Ray has weighed in, Tom's weighed in, Phil has weighed in, Alan's weighed in, and Brian's weighed in. Sounds like 5 votes from senior guys for the Scumbag List.

Too bad this had to happen Sam. :(