• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Holy Grail Pass

Gotcha you Puff, and revised the participant list. Need just a 2 or 3 more. If folks who are on the list could PM me with a current addy and email address, I'll start to organize the pass order.

Great, I think I've gotten confirmation from everyone. We'll wait through the weekend to see if there are any others that want to participate, and then get things rolling.

Now, Mojo, let me get this straight and please correct me if I am wrong. As I understand it this pass if for fun AND educational purposes. Like I posted I have a whole box of aged Flor de Farach I am willing to spread around (priced about the same as the fuma and therefore a Holy Grail cigar) I just love these and want to share. They are nutty and smooth. But I want to be clear about what constitutes an HG cigar.

In my experience not many smokes qualify but I am glad to know of more. Nic gifted me a couple fumas and they are splendid. To me an HG is not just cheap, but has to be moderately priced AND delicious.

Am I right? I mean this is not the Dog Rocket Pass or the Holy S*** Pass. I am not looking to pick up some La Fincas or something that says 'it's a boy' on it. If no larger quantities are changing hands and it has turned into a Moderately Priced Pass where you just take five and put five in that is fine with me too. If that is the case you maybe Mojo and I should just do a box trade on the side.

Either way I am participating with enthusiasm.

I think Mojo is trying to address one of many things that occur in passes. I'll comment on one and leave the rest up to him. I don't know how many times I've seen instances where someone found a site that said cigar "a" is worth more than cigar "b" and calls the person on it. Others will pipe in that cigar "b" is only released a few times a year and can actually be worth more according to other sources given it's age. So perhaps Mojo is advocating a kind of "elasticity" when it comes to equal/puts and takes. In otherwords, considerations of cigar quality and popularity and other factors along with price, and not just price as the sole source of the cigar's value. Granted, if others disagree with the given put/take in this pass, we run the risk of a flame war, but if person can convince the majority of their peers and pass host, we can have a good, smooth-sailing pass. Perhaps I'm naive about that, but we'll see. ??? ???

there is no way people can agree on every put and take. Just think of it this way. If you wonder if it's fair, it probably isn't. Re-try your P's and T's.

So, my take on it is this. I have a couple boxes of Fumas. I was going to put in enough sticks so everyone participant can take a couple. My thought was to simply donate these to the cause -- as a thank you of sorts to those willing to participate. They're cheap, but good cigars. I just wanted to give folks and opportunity to enjoy what I think are a cheap holy grail smoke. If you have something in that real low dollar range that you really enjoy and think others might, feel free to drop them into the pass -- but there's certainly no obligation.

For the remainder of the pass, I was thinking to run it as an ordinary pass. Everyone can trade 3-5 sticks or so as is done typically. I was hoping to put together a list of solid smokes that people, at least on this board, seem to think are some of the better sticks in that price range. That way, regardless of the price range, everyone in the pass can pick up something that they may not have had already had and wanted to try (or perhaps try again).

I will get everyones' addresses and emails together here as well as the revised list of cigars and email everyone the pass order and information. I'll also post here.

Does that seem reasonable to everyone?

O.K., I finally understand the pass now. It has two parts: (a)Regular p's and t's. (b)Trading a cheapie for a fuma. Lord, it's amazing what happens when you actually re-read things. :) :D

Good god, someone shoot me now.

:sign:

Good lord Mojo!, I had no clue today was your birthday! Happy thirty-first!!. :thumbs: :thumbs: May you have an even, slow burn down to the nub of your next cigar and may it be one of the best. :)

Hey thanks for the birthday wish. I'm getting an early start -- smoking a AF SS as we speak!

I should have the list complete tomorrow (Monday) and hopefully have this thing in the mail and rolling by Tuesday or Wednesday.