• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make Baby Back Ribs*finished pics added*

This guy is like a "crack" dealer........

I can't wait to place my first order

Did 5 lbs of ribs today and they are almost gone. There's just two of too. :p

Great lookin' BBQ, I'm using the same process tonight on some chicken....... :D :thumbs: :cool:

Great looking ribs, etc. Erik!

I've got a New Braunfels Black Diamond and I'm gonna try that rib recipe on Sat.

I find the hardest thing is keeping the temp up around 250 while burning it clean. I've also done most of the mods to my smoker as recommended on some of the forums for smoking. I extended the chimney down near the grate and fabricated a stainless steel flange between the fire box and the chamber. Both helped keep the heat near the grate and kept it from going up the chimney.

Any other suggestions from the resident expert?? LOL

Great looking ribs, etc. Erik!

I've got a New Braunfels Black Diamond and I'm gonna try that rib recipe on Sat.

I find the hardest thing is keeping the temp up around 250 while burning it clean. I've also done most of the mods to my smoker as recommended on some of the forums for smoking. I extended the chimney down near the grate and fabricated a stainless steel flange between the fire box and the chamber. Both helped keep the heat near the grate and kept it from going up the chimney.

Any other suggestions from the resident expert?? LOL

I don't have time at the moment to get really into this , but if you can, have a separate fire away from the cooker and just add the coals to the firebox/chamber. start with a little and add as needed.

This way you don't have to worry about maintaining a fire.

E

Thanks for your recipe,I will give it a try,I never thought of useing mustard with my ribs,but I guess mixed with honey and/or brown sugar it may be tastey.

For the few that blinded me and stuck a knife in my heart while reading....NEVER boil ribs!

I know there are methods that include boiling but it is not a needed part of delicious,fall off the bone recipe for ribs.

I like to dry rub,no wet stuff at all for a day in fridge,then slow cook with some hickory pieces on low heat over charcol.I have done it useing gas and it came out fine,had to use more hickory though.I do not like cooking entirely covered throughout,or part of the cooking time.I like the flavors from the coals and hickory to get up in them ribs.
I also concocted a rotissere thing-a-mabob that holds ribs on swinging tray while turning.
Last hour I add wet ingrediants whatever it may be at the time.

Thanks again for your recipe and tips,I will give em a try this summer. :)

[THREADJACK ON]
Erick that Beef Jerky is the bomb.....good lord man...more orders on teh way QUICK! You might need to be making quite a bit, about 20 guys here at the house are thinking alot about ordering.
[THREADJACK OFF]

Back to the topic at hand i plan on trying this whole new rub idea tomorrow night!

Thanks Erick keep it up!

EDIT:

AVB I hate you!

Maybe you kids need a "new whore" rub instead? :laugh: :laugh:

Back to the topic at hand i plan on trying this whore new rub idea tomorrow night!

Thanks Erick keep it up!

LMAO

I tell ya, all someone has to do to get us to quit bitchin' is talk about food on the grill! LMAO

Cool deal Erik! That is so simple & I feel really dumb at the moment! Why didn't I think of that!!! Having a seperate firebox is a great idea! Very little smoke!!

I just got back from getting some hickory chunks and lump charcoal. I'll use that first. The rub is almost ready, just waiting on the brown sugar to dry out. My wife thinks I'm nuts by the way....

I think I'll make a small pit with some cinderblocks and burn my oak on that. It should be easy enough to scoop up the coals and dump them into the fire box!

I'll take pics and report back later!

Thanks!

All I can say is WOW! Erik knows his stuff!!

More to come and some blurry pics, but I was sorta drunk, so who cares...

Best damn ribs and Boston Butt I've ever done! I started them around 11am and still have the butt in the smoker. It's almost ready and moist as can be.

Thanks for the awesome rub and tips, I feel like I need to write you a check or something.... :p

All I can say is WOW! Erik knows his stuff!!

More to come and some blurry pics, but I was sorta drunk, so who cares...

Best damn ribs and Boston Butt I've ever done! I started them around 11am and still have the butt in the smoker. It's almost ready and moist as can be.

Thanks for the awesome rub and tips, I feel like I need to write you a check or something.... :p

I'm glad that it worked out for you. Me giving tips on BBQ is just like you guys all helping me learn about cigars!

Just glad I could help!

So the separate fire method worked well???

E

Damn man your making me hungry.

I cheat on my ribs a little by rubbing them down then wrapping them in aluminum foil and throw them in the oven for an hour or two. Then on to the grill for the last hour or so.

My boston butt on the other hand stays on the grill the whole time. Usually 8-10 hours.

No mop sauce mentioned? Maybe I over looked it in the thread.

No Im going to have to thaw out the last bit from the last shoulder.

Russell

Erik, the seperate fire pit worked like a charm!

Pics to follow! ;)

Hillbilly,

I broke down this weekend when I saw the perfect smoker at the hardware shop. I looked at the GF and said, "You know, we could have this thing seasoned and smoking stuff by 2pm. We'd have something really good by suppertime!"

Mistake #1: Don't start a 7.5 lb pork shoulder at 2 in the afternoon!

We took pics of the whole thing. I'll post more later :)

Erik,

Since I don't eat pork, do you use the same process for beef ribs and the same rub as well?

Erick,

I haven't eaten Pork or Beef in a number of years (your turkey, on the other hand....), and I have now read throught this thread, and drooled over the pictures, twice.
Seriously...When I fall off the no-eating mammals wagon...you are my first phone call!