• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make Baby Back Ribs*finished pics added*

Here's the pit
dcp_0452.jpg

After 4 hours of smoking
dcp_0453.jpg

11pm....
dcp_0457.jpg

Ribs
dcp_0460.jpg

My assistants...
dcp_0461.jpg

Had a ball smoking that stuff! Enjoyed a couple of cigars, several beers and got some yardwork done in the process!

I say an outdoor BBQ herf is in order very soon!!!

I hope you shared with your assistants they looked like they would enjoy it just as much as you.

Oh yeah! No way would they have stood still for a photo that long.... :laugh:

link

My kids gave me this thing for my birthday. I think I may have to smoke something this weekend.... ;)

The link doesn't point to anything in particular.

Anyone else take advantage of the Kroger ribs sale. Limit 30 Pounds ;)

Pork Shoulder roast were really cheap too.

Hillbilly, I tried your rub recipe last weekend and it was excellent! I ended up finding some spare ribs and they were HUGE. I had two slabs and had to overlap them a little to get them to both fit in my smoker.

Thanks Erick! That rib recipe for ribs in the oven to finish on the BBQ ROCKS!!! Here's my pics:

ribs.jpg

Two of the most gorgeous slabs I ever made. :love: It took a couple hours to cook and about 10 minutes for me to devour. I was like a freakin' pirranha.

ribbones.jpg

And after dinner I had a quiet visit with my friend Sig VI. :D

sigVI.jpg

Thanks Erick!!! :thumbs:

Ok Hillbilly, I Have to ask. Have you tried to smoke Lamb Breast? I love Lamb and these are fairly inexpensive cuts and I am really considering trying to.

On a side note, you are an evil man!! I keep catching myself looking at new smokers every where I go and spending a great deal of time searching out info on them. And the wife just rolls her eyes. :sign:

Ok Hillbilly, I Have to ask. Have you tried to smoke Lamb Breast? I love Lamb and these are fairly inexpensive cuts and I am really considering trying to.

On a side note, you are an evil man!! I keep catching myself looking at new smokers every where I go and spending a great deal of time searching out info on them. And the wife just rolls her eyes. :sign:

I've yet to do lamb, but I"m sure we could come up with something. Hey, at least you are researching them. If you need, I can give you some good links for that type of stuff.

The link doesn't point to anything in particular.
Lee, is this what you were trying to link to?

789792012247_3.jpg

I have something similar, but I really want to get something a step up. But every smoker that looks like what I might want is $600-$1200. HillBilly, any suggestions on smokers?

Thanks,
- C

yep, I keep suggesting the Weber Bullet. Its a very good inexpensive smoker that you can easily get great results out of.

yep, I keep suggesting the Weber Bullet. Its a very good inexpensive smoker that you can easily get great results out of.

Weber makes good products but I have an issue with their Customer service. I have a big gas grill with side burner. Spent big bucks but it was worth it to keep from replacing burners each year.

Brand new out of the box, the gas line to the grill came off in my hands from its attachement point on the grill. I fived it by using some teflon tape but called to get a new piece because it was still loose and threads worn.

I explained my situation and the repair and she said "You must be one of them thar handimen" in a rude attitude and sothern accent. I could not believe what I was hearing. She challenged my authority to make the quick fix and threatened to not replace the part. Was very argumentive.

She finally did replace the part but I still hesitate to recommend their products becuse I am still pissed after 3 years.

Man am I pissed. :angry: :angry: :angry:

That sucks man. Actually this is a question that has been coming up a lot lately and I plan to make a thread with a lot of different types of cookers out there and how they work etc.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with the Weber.

Erick you are SICK! I've use your recipies a number of times, and the food is just tooo damn good. You are a great great man! Keep up the good work!

Erick,

I finally got to try this. I bought a Traeger pellet BBQ this weekend and couldn't think of a better way to break it in. Those were the tastiest ribs I have ever had, not one single bone left for the next day. I have cooked ribs before, but never like those. Many thanks my friend.

DT