• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make Baby Back Ribs*finished pics added*

Well, no pics this go 'round but The Wife® and I enjoyed a batch of babybacks from the Bradley Smoker on New Year's Day...using Erick's rub recipe, doctored just a bit. Good stuff. Almost overcooked 'em, though. They were just about fallin' off the bone.

Well, no pics this go 'round but The Wife® and I enjoyed a batch of babybacks from the Bradley Smoker on New Year's Day...using Erick's rub recipe, doctored just a bit. Good stuff. Almost overcooked 'em, though. They were just about fallin' off the bone.

I think I've eaten 2 lbs of turkey jerky by myself over the last 5 days :laugh: , hopefulyl this weekend I'll be working on a couple of pounds myself.

Thanks Erick!

:cool:

:thumbs: Exactly what that rub is for! A basic starting point that you can alter to make it your own!

Ok...I am trying that recipe HS...I am starvin for some ribs now...what sorts of other things can you use besides Mustard?

Melly

My ribs turned out a little too smokey in my new smoker. The Picnic turned out great though. Made some nice pulled pork sandwiches. Note to self... don't use mesquite next time.

BTY, anyone have good ground beef Jerky recipes? I have a dehydrator book that has a few I have yet to try. Most of the commercial mixes turn out too salty and they all taste the same regardless of what flavor it is suppose to be. I still use the dehydrator for jerky since the smoker was busy with other items last time.

I only use mesquite on brisket, but I've heard it makes a tasty chicken.

I use mostly apple, oak, pecan and hickory for my ribs/shoulders.

My last pork shoulder came out pretty good:

DSCF1133-SS.jpg

Almost done...

DSCF1143-SS.jpg

Ready to eat!

Question for you Dr. BBQ, or anyone with the "BBQ Touch"

I want to cook ribs tomorrow, but don't have a smoker or that silly doo-dad cooker thingy :p

Nope, what I do have access to is a good ole electric oven, and a gas grill (with front and back controls for indirect heat I guess).
I've never cooked baby backs before so is it better to use the "oven method" listed, or turning the back flame on the grill and placing the racks on the front? And if I should go the indirect method, how to cook. I think you mentioned you'd get into it for the "indirect heat guys" but I didn't see any follow up :blush:

Thanks in advance!

:thumbs:

For those using Hickory, oak, etc., which species????

I have a woods full of trees various species of Hickory and Oaks. Wood piles as well.

Question for you Dr. BBQ, or anyone with the "BBQ Touch"

I want to cook ribs tomorrow, but don't have a smoker or that silly doo-dad cooker thingy :p

Nope, what I do have access to is a good ole electric oven, and a gas grill (with front and back controls for indirect heat I guess).
I've never cooked baby backs before so is it better to use the "oven method" listed, or turning the back flame on the grill and placing the racks on the front? And if I should go the indirect method, how to cook. I think you mentioned you'd get into it for the "indirect heat guys" but I didn't see any follow up :blush:

Thanks in advance!

:thumbs:

If your grill has enough space to have one side on, one side off...go ahead and try it. Just keep an eye on them and try to maintain 225-250 degrees.

As for the types of Hickory etc....not sure on the Hickory, but with oak I prefer white for good coals, and red for flavor.

I just recieved my order late last week from Erick. Unbelieveable! Laura and I jumped on the brisket immediately and with a little slaw and some toasty bread we feasted until we wanted to puke. This man knows what he is talking about. I've got 40 pounds of ribs to do this weekend so I'm glad you bumped this. It saved me an email for help.

I'll have the smoker goin' this weekend, finishing up a a small boneless ham that's been curing for almost two weeks. Weekend after that, I'll pull six pounds of pork loin out of the cure to smoke some Canadian bacon.

We're doin' okay on ribs. We've still got a rack-and-a-half in the freezer from the last go-round with a vacpac from Sam's Club.

anyone remember this thread??

Man, its Christmas day and I've been sitting around just relaxing and watching movies. I gave my secret santa kid some of my rib rub so I went searching for this thread I put together. Man, time really flies. Can't believe its been almost 6 years. I also had forgotten how much I enjoy cooking and how much I used to write about cooking. I put my name in for search criteria plus the word ribs and about 40 threads showed up. This really gets me to thinking. My plan has always been to get myself a restaurant (small bbq shack) but after having my girls and being pretty successful at my current job, it seems those ideas have sorta gotten put to the side. I really need to do some soul searching and maybe make some changes.....then again..maybe not. haha

I hope everyone is having a great christmas!!
E

E- i see lots of words and not enough jerky. I was just thinking how this Christmas would be great if only i had some hbs jerky like back in
06. Now i am burning all the presents on the patio in protest. Merry Christmas!

Thanks for bumping this thread, I hadn't seen it! Those ribs sound delicious, I'll try your Von foil method this weekend and will report back. Ar what temp would you have them cooking in the oven?

A good friend of mine just had his first baby two days ago, so some good ribs are in order :)

I use a traeger smoker and the 3-2-1- technique. 3 hours on the smoke setting, 2 hours in foil and one hour with sause every 15 minutes. Yours look fantastic too. Thanks for the post.