• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

How to make Baby Back Ribs*finished pics added*

Thanks for bumping this thread, I hadn't seen it! Those ribs sound delicious, I'll try your Von foil method this weekend and will report back. Ar what temp would you have them cooking in the oven?

A good friend of mine just had his first baby two days ago, so some good ribs are in order :)

go 250 ish and just keep an eye on them. If they are foiled up they will come apart quick. Probably max 2.5 hours in foil at that temp. Catch em before they start falling apart and finish them on the grill with sauce!

Thanks Dr. BBQ! I somehow missed your 250 preheat reference in the first thread. I tried it basic this first time, using just beer in the foil at 250 degrees for a little over 2 hours. They came out of the oven at just the right time, and I did a light coat of yellow mustard and then the rub. Popped them on the grill (two on the left got just the BBQ sauce, in case the rub came out horribly wrong). I painted on some BBQ sauce over the rub on the others and let it form a nice crust.

onthegrill.jpg

finishedribs.jpg

About 30 minutes on the grill and they were ready to come off. I cut the first rack in half, and it was cooked perfectly and dripping with juice. Man oh man, the rub is fantastic! Sweet with just the right amount of heat from the cayenne pepper. Our guests absolutely loved them and went back for seconds. Four of us polished off a rack each. I am definitely going to do this more often! Thanks for the recipe, you've definitely made this house a lot more flavorful. For the price of four NY strips, we were able to get 6 racks of ribs. Personally, I'd take the ribs any day of the week. Cheers!

Whoa...  How'd you get back in here? :laugh:  I thought we locked the door....

Damn noob, we have a food forum for this stuff.

Erick I usually take the same steps as you with the ribs however I have never known to remove the skin on the bottom. I did that for the first time yesterday and and addded your rub i think it made a huge difference. I usually use hickory chunks but only had mesquite chucks at the hose so I said what the hell and I think with those two changes these are the best ribs I have done. Thanks for the great thread. If you want to see pics click here. http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/topic/72050-whats-on-your-plate-today/?p=1133103

Hey guys, everything has been pretty damn good. Just deep into parenting and keeping up with work etc. I've been making sure I try and stay in touch with all you guys and be on the site more often. Glad to see some familiar faces still around.

Hey guys, everything has been pretty damn good. Just deep into parenting and keeping up with work etc. I've been making sure I try and stay in touch with all you guys and be on the site more often. Glad to see some familiar faces still around.