• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

I just quit

Some are considering the Outlaw in May for our annual GT. I doubt your money will be any good while they (we?) are there. These things fill in from behind, Brad.

Brad, first of all congratulations on standing on priniples. They shall miss you, hell I tried calling for you twice in the last two weeks but both times they said it was "your day off". I thought there might be something going on as there was kind of a stunned and obviously canned response. Please keep me informed about where you land. I have my own opinion about the store and such which I will be glad to discuss at some point down the road. Good luck on the search!
I have been off when you have called. I will miss all of my regular customers. I had planned on doing this before the first of the year but there have been some delays with the job I'm trying to get. It looks like if I was willing to move to Orlando I could get a job at Corona.

Some are considering the Outlaw in May for our annual GT. I doubt your money will be any good while they (we?) are there. These things fill in from behind, Brad.
Bruce, I hope the family makes the trip again. I had a blast last year even though I had to work. This time I can spend a little more time talking to everybody!

I'd have bet money that you would have retired from outlaw or quit to do something better. Can't think of anyone talking trash to you. Best of luck in any endeavor you get involved in. Every time i left a job it always wound up better for me, with your skills i'm more than sure you'll come up smelling like a rose.
thumbs-up.gif

WOW! Hard to picture the Outlaw without you. Good luck with your career hunt. I'm sure what ever you choose to do you will be successful. I hope you will come hang out at some other venue with everyone in May.

You guys are right Brad will be missed! …..by me and many customers. Although the feelings might not be mutual I have always considered Brad a good friend. It is not appropriate for me to defend my actions in this forum but please know that over the course of 11 years I have always had great respect for Brad’s character and values. No man has a kinder heart then Brad. Sometimes it is just time for new beginnings …Good Luck to Brad and His Family!
Kendall

You guys are right Brad will be missed! …..by me and many customers. Although the feelings might not be mutual I have always considered Brad a good friend. It is not appropriate for me to defend my actions in this forum but please know that over the course of 11 years I have always had great respect for Brad’s character and values. No man has a kinder heart then Brad. Sometimes it is just time for new beginnings …Good Luck to Brad and His Family!
Kendall
Damage control...

I want everyone to know that I still love the Outlaw and I don't want anyone not to come into the shop because of my actions. The Outlaw is the finest cigar store in the country.(Most of) The gentlemen that still work there are the best people I have ever had privilege to work with. I consider most of them my friends!

Sometimes you need to take a hard look at how you treat the people that work for you. What some of them bring to the table is greater than you realize.

4 pages of good-byes....get the hell out already.

This thread is starting to look like most of my relationships, long and drawn out...geesh!

Oh yea, good luck in your new journey!

Brad, first of all congratulations on standing on priniples. They shall miss you, hell I tried calling for you twice in the last two weeks but both times they said it was "your day off". I thought there might be something going on as there was kind of a stunned and obviously canned response. Please keep me informed about where you land. I have my own opinion about the store and such which I will be glad to discuss at some point down the road. Good luck on the search!
I have been off when you have called. I will miss all of my regular customers. I had planned on doing this before the first of the year but there have been some delays with the job I'm trying to get. It looks like if I was willing to move to Orlando I could get a job at Corona.

Bruce, I hope the family makes the trip again. I had a blast last year even though I had to work. This time I can spend a little more time talking to everybody!

Brad, I used to make regular weekly trips to Orlando and always stopped in at Corona. Great (read...damn hot) daytime bartenders and good cuban sandwiches and coffee. Good selection of cigars as well. The people seemed decent and fairly knowledgable, although not nearly to your standards. Better weather than Missouri as well, but you have to put up with the mouse, day in and day out.

Kendall
Damage control...

I want everyone to know that I still love the Outlaw and I don't want anyone not to come into the shop because of my actions. The Outlaw is the finest cigar store in the country.(Most of) The gentlemen that still work there are the best people I have ever had privilege to work with. I consider most of them my friends!

Sometimes you need to take a hard look at how you treat the people that work for you. What some of them bring to the table is greater than you realize.

Brad, you are correct, The Outlaw is a damn fine cigar establishment and a lot of fun. It is the people, both customers and employees that make it such.

Larry, next time you are coming to town give me a call. I'll shoot you my # in a PM!

Well said. There is an art to managing employees and a happy workforce is more productive than an unhappy workforce. Best of luck to you in moving on.

Well said. There is an art to managing employees and a happy workforce is more productive than an unhappy workforce. Best of luck to you in moving on.

It is a rare employer that can acknowledge or accept the realities of having a good employee, how instrumental and valuable that employee is to the success of the business, and how the quality of life that they enjoy is based on a few good employees honesty, integrity, and dedication. It takes an even more enlightened employer to be generous with money, time, and most of all, their ego.

Wow. The end of an era for the Outlaw....I'm glad I was able to make it out there once while it was THE Outlaw.

Best of luck to you B Rad.

Brad: I'm sorry to see you have had to make some tough decisions, but I'm sure it will work out for you. I will miss chatting with you when I'm in town, it was always enjoyable. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Take care.

Brad: I'm sorry to see you have had to make some tough decisions, but I'm sure it will work out for you. I will miss chatting with you when I'm in town, it was always enjoyable. Good luck to you and keep us posted.

Take care.
Thanks brother!

I'm sorry to hear the news, Brad. As many have pointed out already, there will be a big hole at the Outlaw [well, not nearly as big as it used to be ;) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:] and I'll miss the hell out of being able to point and laugh at you stuck behind the counter during the Padron event.

All smart-assed comments aside, I wish you the very best of luck in whatever the next step in your adventure turns out to be. The Minneapolis guys had regaled me with tales of the kindness, generosity, and surliness of the great Smokyballs before my first trip to KC. Much to my surprise, the reality was better than the stories! I've had a blast in my visits to the Outlaw and much of the credit goes to you. I look forward to seeing you in May at Brent's, Jack Stacks, or wherever we end up hanging out.

Kendall's got a tough task ahead of him finding a FNG who'll meet the standards you set. I sure don't envy him but I wish Kendall and the rest of the Outlaw crew luck too.

Take care Brad and let us know your new work address when you get settled in. Just in case...ya know...'cause someone might want to...ummm...send you....something...or someone ;)

- Tim

edited spelling

Tim, I think this change is going to be what Kendall needed to wake up to the fact that his employees make his store.

Brad,

I'll never forget the package you sent me as part of a trade....It is clear to me that you're a great brother and I'm sure The Outlaw will never be the same. I wish you the VERY best of luck with your new beginnings. Who knows, maybe you'll find something even better than you had before....I hope so. Take care Brad...good luck to you and your family....we are certainly rooting for you!