• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kayakinboy

In the conversation with Herb he told me not to worry about it. I'd been on the boards for a month and just put it aside. When I mailed out his package I mailed out 4 others and the automatic machine prints out a seperate receipt for each. After looking I can't find his, and when this came up, I was worried he didn't get it. I never received a pm from him saying he got it, but I had just figured he didn't really care. I thought this was done. And if it wasn't done before, it'll be done when he gets the second package.

KayakinBoy said:
After looking I can't find his, and when this came up, I was worried he didn't get it. I never received a pm from him saying he got it, but I had just figured he didn't really care. I thought this was done. And if it wasn't done before, it'll be done when he gets the second package.
[snapback]216368[/snapback]​

Be proactive. Don't sit back and wait for the recipient to notify you when they receive the package. Check w/ them continually until your end arrives and they are happy. If they never receive it, send something else to replace the first package. If communication is there, this should never be a problem.

KayakinBoy said:
In the conversation with Herb he told me not to worry about it. I'd been on the boards for a month and just put it aside. When I mailed out his package I mailed out 4 others and the automatic machine prints out a seperate receipt for each. After looking I can't find his, and when this came up, I was worried he didn't get it. I never received a pm from him saying he got it, but I had just figured he didn't really care. I thought this was done. And if it wasn't done before, it'll be done when he gets the second package.
[snapback]216368[/snapback]​

How long was he made to wait?

InthaCup and KBoy, I'd like a run down of the details of this deal(s) and a timetable of what happened when, so that I can have a better understanding of this situation. Thanks.

In the conversation with Herb he told me not to worry about it.

I'm sorry, but this is wrong. I corrected you privately, but I guess I'll have to correct you publically as well. Here is our IM exchange from the middle of January. The problems in this IM arose when KB sent me about 10 sticks that were shipped in a bubble-wrapped envelope rather than from a cardboard box with padding:

In tha cup (11:38:20 AM): yo
KayakinBoy (11:38:27 AM): hey, did yo uget it?
In tha cup (11:38:39 AM): yeah. very nice selection of smokes
KayakinBoy (11:39:13 AM): good, glad you enjoyed the man.
In tha cup (11:39:56 AM): In the future though, I'd strongly recommend using a cardboard box for shipping
KayakinBoy (11:40:36 AM): Was there any damage?
In tha cup (11:41:05 AM): yeah, mild damage on 2, bad damage on 2
KayakinBoy (11:41:53 AM): damn, which ones?
In tha cup (11:42:33 AM): There's a crack about an inch long towards the cap of the '26, and the foot of the VSG is banged up pretty bad
In tha cup (11:42:49 AM): those are the 2 worst ones
In tha cup (11:43:17 AM): the foot of the Hemingway is unraveling a bit, but it's still smokable
In tha cup (11:43:44 AM): and the Cohiba has some wrapper flakes torn off
In tha cup (11:43:56 AM): I think it'll be ok too
KayakinBoy (11:45:16 AM): well damn. stupid mistake on my part man. i'm sorry. that's the biggest thing I've ever mailed in something like that. I'll definatly stop doing it. I'll have to mail you up some more sticks when I get a few good ones in. My shop has been saying they'd get some hemingways in. Which 26 was it?
KayakinBoy (11:47:48 AM): does it have the pointy tip. belisco i think
In tha cup (11:48:16 AM): yeah, it's a #2
KayakinBoy (11:48:40 AM): alright i think i have one or two more of those. damn i feel stupid.
In tha cup (11:48:56 AM): nah, don't sweat it
In tha cup (11:49:19 AM): I had a guy send me about 30 Opus singles in a shoebox once
KayakinBoy (11:49:43 AM): well you will definatly be getting a bomb here soon as I can round up some good sticks. Holy smokes. that's hilarious.
In tha cup (11:51:06 AM): It's hard to find good shipping boxes for cigars
In tha cup (11:51:32 AM): I usually just recycle boxes from old trades :)
KayakinBoy (11:51:53 AM): lol, i'll need to stop throwing away all those boxes.

This is the unedited conversation from start to finish. The closest thing to 'don't worry about it' is 'nah, don't sweat it', which was in response to his 'damn i feel stupid'. Even if he thought I was talking about the makeup sticks, why would he say well you will definatly be getting a bomb here soon as I can round up some good sticks? That doesn't make any sense.

Since then, I have in my records that I contacted him on the 8th of May asking about the sticks. He promises to resend, never does.

In June, after this thread was started, he sends me this PM: I had a notepad document with you addy and now I can't find it. I've looked for two days. I'm going to start an excel document so I'm can keep track better in the future. Anyways,
What's your snailer?

This was regarding the trade that was started at the beginning of the year. I have not received anything since.

I gotta give you credit for saving the paper trail. I would have tossed that long ago...... No,I take that back. I wouldn't have had it to begin with. ;)

IMHO this could have easily been avoided by having cup send back the damaged smokes and replacing them with either un damaged or different smokes.

This recently happened to me and that's what I did. I am still smoking the damaged cigars that I packaged incorrectly and the person I split the box with is smoking the un damaged ones I replaced.
That's the only fair way to handle a situation like this

Rich

Ironworker said:
IMHO this could have easily been avoided by having cup send back the damaged smokes and replacing them with either un damaged or different smokes.

This recently happened to me and that's what I did. I am still smoking the damaged cigars that I packaged incorrectly and the person I split the box with is smoking the un damaged ones I replaced.
That's the only fair way to handle a situation like this

Rich
[snapback]216391[/snapback]​

OR Kayakinboy could have just sent a replacement to Cup for the damaged sticks. It shouldn't be the responsibilty of the receiver to correct the situation.

:0 This new information is very disturbing. I'll stay out of this now that inthecup has posted details of the situation. It seems the "problems" haven't been resolved after all...

Awhile back my friend started smoking cigars and asked me if I could get any more "rare opus" like the ones I got from InThaCup. I said I'd ask and Cup said he did and he'd be willing to trade it. I sent sticks for my friend and cup sent the opus to me. This trade went fine. although my friend never gave me his end for the opus and I kept it, Herb went ahead and did the trade with me, after I had already messed up once before. Since I sent the damaged sticks to Cup, I've never sent them in that style again. Were the sticks from the second trade damaged Cup?

You would think that after his outting in June he would have made sure every deal he had going was finished and everyone was happy. The fact that Inthecup was not taken care of shows a pattern of behavior where respect for his fellow traders means nothing.

mrjinglesusa said:
Jesus. I can't leave you guys alone for 4 hours before all hell breaks loose. :laugh: No way KB belongs on that list. He may have been slow on some trades but he never tried to "screw" anyone and has made good (as far as I know) on everything he has owed people. If he still owes anyone anything (in particular the people asking he be added to this list) send me their address and what they are owed and I will make it right.

John has been called out here before for some slow trading (by myself and others) but has been much better since then. He's no "scumbag".
[snapback]216188[/snapback]​

mrjinglesusa said:
I've said it once I'll say it again. If KB owes anyone anything, let me know and I will take care of it. Lord knows I've given John some sh*t here but he seems to have turned things around (at least here on CP). He deserves the benefit of the doubt in this case considering he has taken his past lumpings "to heart".

In addition, I think details are warranted (WHO? WHY?), not just a statement that someone wants him added to the list.
[snapback]216313[/snapback]​

mrjinglesusa said:
:0 This new information is very disturbing. I'll stay out of this now that inthecup has posted details of the situation. It seems the "problems" haven't been resolved after all...
[snapback]216412[/snapback]​

Mr. J. what happened to " If he still owes anyone anything (in particular the people asking he be added to this list) send me their address and what they are owed and I will make it right."

Just curious...

Cheeze said:
Mr. J. what happened to " If he still owes anyone anything (in particular the people asking he be added to this list) send me their address and what they are owed and I will make it right."

Just curious...
[snapback]216433[/snapback]​

Smart ass. I was trying to give KB the benefit of the doubt considering we didn't have any details of what transpired. In light of the details that were recently posted (AFTER I made those posts) it seems nothing has changed. That said, the offer still stands to inthecup if KB hasn't fixed this. I'll send him sticks to replace the damaged ones - he shouldn't be out cigars because of this.

I'm trying to be a nice guy here and help to make right with inthecup and you come on here out of no where and post smart ass remarks. Classy. :angry2:

KB,

First, you said that you thought you had sent it but you had no receipt so you didn’t know for sure. You said you were worried that Inthacup may not have gotten it. If you were worried that he didn't get it, why did you wait until last night to ask him? Why on earth would you think he didn't care if he got what he has coming to him?

Now you suggest that the issue is how you packaged your end on a second deal? KB, you know very well the issue is that you never took care of the first deal but yet, you are able to participate in trades and host a group buy. This is problematic.

You made every assurance that you would and had met all of your outstanding obligations and now stand up brothers are being called out for sticking up for you! Take note of how Jingles handles this, that’s a stand up BOTL.

Here is another great example of what BOTL means.

Recently, another stand up BOTL posted that a package seemed to be lost in the mail so he immediately resent the package rather than waiting to see if the recipient cared whether he got it or not. Not only was he was in contact with the recipient, he made sure:

1. The recipient got his package.
2. The recipient knew that he would get the package
3. The recipient knew when he would get the package
4. The recipient got his package.

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=13948&hl

And the recipient’s response:

http://www.cigarpass.com/forumsipb/index.php?showtopic=13985&st

mrjinglesusa said:
Cheeze said:

Just curious...

Smart ass. I was trying to give KB the benefit of the doubt considering we didn't have any details of what transpired. In light of the details that were recently posted (AFTER I made those posts) it seems nothing has changed. That said, the offer still stands to inthecup if KB hasn't fixed this. I'll send him sticks to replace the damaged ones - he shouldn't be out cigars because of this.

I'm trying to be a nice guy here and help to make right with inthecup and you come on here out of no where and post smart ass remarks. If he still owes anyone anything (in particular the people asking he be added to this list) send me their address and what they are owed and I will make it right.
[snapback]216442[/snapback]​

Oh my bad, it like you were protecting a friend with your first couple posts, then it looked like you had no friend with the last. I feel for Cup, he shouldn't have to wait for so long. But I also feel for KB, because people like you will look like a friend and then turn on him in a bad spot.

Not cool.

KB was wrong, send him his sticks. But don't promise to to repay any bad debt, while thinking there is none. And then take back your offer after you find there is debt. "Classy :angry2:"

The Master said:
Jim, enabling is never the answer. You should not make good on KB's debts.
[snapback]216448[/snapback]​

Maybe not, but a fellow BOTL should not end up being "screwed" as a result of this. That is what I was trying to accomplish, it was never about paying someone's debt for them. I would fully expect KB to pay me back if I sent sticks on his behalf.

Cheeze said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Cheeze said:

Just curious...

I'm trying to be a nice guy here and help to make right with inthecup and you come on here out of no where and post smart ass remarks. If he still owes anyone anything (in particular the people asking he be added to this list) send me their address and what they are owed and I will make it right.
[snapback]216442[/snapback]​

Oh my bad, it like you were protecting a friend with your first couple posts, then it looked like you had no friend with the last. I feel for Cup, he shouldn't have to wait for so long. But I also feel for KB, because people like you will look like a friend and then turn on him in a bad spot.

Not cool.

KB was wrong, send him his sticks. But don't promise to to repay any bad debt, while thinking there is none. And then take back your offer after you find there is debt. "Classy :angry2:"
[snapback]216450[/snapback]​

Who are you? When did I ever say I took back my offer?" You may not have been paying attention the last 4 or 5 months but in that time I was one of KBs harshest critics. None of my posts were about "protecting a friend". If you actually read the content of my posts in the context they were made, you would see that I simply wanted details of what transpired to bring about this request to put KB on the list.

Another thing you obviously do not know. KB was late (like over a month late) sending me his end of a trade back in Jan/Feb. Do you really think I would be here defending him if I didn't think he had made some changes to the way he dealt with trades?

My early posts were about the manner in which this was started (i.e. anonymous accuser, no details). Considering the pounding KB took a few months ago for his trading practices, I thought he deserved a public posting by the person involved giving us specifics. Since that has happened, I posted my latest feelings which you quoted earlier, and then you say:

But I also feel for KB, because people like you will look like a friend and then turn on him in a bad spot.

This isn't about friendship. It's about how we all would like to be treated here. Then again, you obviously don't "get it" based on your recent postings. I'll tell you one thing though. If an anonymous accuser wants you put on the list for some unknown reason, you won't find me begging for details.

:sign:

Tried to warn you earlier Jingles when we were discussing "no way"......

Allofus123 said:
Tried to warn you earlier Jingles when we were discussing "no way"......
[snapback]216455[/snapback]​

Yes, you did. And as I have said, I thought we should have some details before jumping to conclusions, that's all. EVERY person here would want the same if they were in KBs position. Now that we have the details, obviously the situation has changed.

In retrospect, saying "no way" was probably taking it too far to the other extreme but I think my intent was clear.