• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Kayakinboy

I have been around CP about as long as you have. I may not post every day I do read alot. I know you were on the end of one of the late shipments, from KB. It just looked like to me you changed your tune awfully quick after hearing he still owed someone. I have my opinions you have yours. I will leave it at that.

I do have my opinion but I don't think it's appropriate to post publicly. I'm not really sure why I even felt the need to defend my postings to you. It's all there, unedited.

bfreebern said:
Ironworker said:
IMHO this could have easily been avoided by having cup send back the damaged smokes and replacing them with either un damaged or different smokes.

This recently happened to me and that's what I did. I am still smoking the damaged cigars that I packaged incorrectly and the person I split the box with is smoking the un damaged ones I replaced.
That's the only fair way to handle a situation like this

Rich
[snapback]216391[/snapback]​

OR Kayakinboy could have just sent a replacement to Cup for the damaged sticks. It shouldn't be the responsibilty of the receiver to correct the situation.
[snapback]216411[/snapback]​

That's what I ment to say, and that's what I did :thumbs: , So it wasn't a total loss I paid postage for the damaged sticks return so I could atleast try to salvage something out of the blunder.

The whole point was: If you send your end and somehow it gets damaged or loss it your obligation to replace the smokes at your cost and do it quickly.
I would expect nothing less from another member.

Rich

Cheeze said:
I have been around CP about as long as you have. I may not post every day I do read alot. I know you were on the end of one of the late shipments, from KB. It just looked like to me you changed your tune awfully quick after hearing he still owed someone. I have my opinions you have yours. I will leave it at that.
[snapback]216461[/snapback]​
Well I changed my position as well. Wanna dance with me cheesey dude?
I was under the impression when Harris posted that this was all about what went on a couple months ago and that those things that happened then had all been taken care of. Now it comes to light that not everything has been taken care of and that the fault lies squarely with kayakin boy. I can't support that. "You is or you aint" and there is no in-between. Kayakinboy got his chance to square things up and half stepped it. I supported him right up to that point.
Now you can hang him because he is, in fact, a bad trader.

NA

Cheeze said:
[snapback]216461[/snapback]​

Cheeze. I don't normally bother to take the time to post in thread like this. I like to talk about cigars. However, it sounds to me as if you are suggesting that Jim (mrjinglesusa) changed his thinking once it became apparent that he might have to send out cigars to someone.

Is this what you are suggesting?

If it is not what you are suggesting, then we just have a miscommunication that in the grand scheme of things means nothing.

If you ARE suggesting this, then you are way off-base. If you read as much as you say, you know that mrjingles has never hesitated in sending cigars to anyone, for whatever reason. In fact, he is one of the most generous BOTLs that I have had the pleasure of knowing. If you are suggesting that he is balking at sending out cigars that he promised for whatever reason, you are just plain wrong. No opinion, just fact.

Well CF hangs their scumbags on Fridays... should we pick a different day so as to draw a bigger crowd? :whistling: :cool:

Like Brandon said, back on topic. Here's a synopsis after this little tangent:

Someone anonymously asks KB to be put on the Scumbag list

Our opinions are requested

I gave mine, as did others

I ask for details of what transpired to bring about this request

Details are posted

I say the details are disturbing and it seems things haven't changed

Cheeze comes in and puts his foot in his mouth

I needlessly respond to him

Neal wants to hang KB

I go and have a beer and Tylenol

It seems that inthacup had every right to ask for KB's name to be placed on the bad trader list. After reading that list, not all are cigar thief's but rather sloppy traders and some have bad business practices.

You make the decision

Rich

mrjinglesusa said:

Someone anonymously asks KB to be put on the Scumbag list

Our opinions are requested

I gave mine, as did others

I ask for details of what transpired to bring about this request

Details are posted

I say the details are disturbing and it seems things haven't changed

Cheeze comes in and puts his foot in his mouth

I needlessly respond to him

Neal wants to hang KB

[snapback]216475[/snapback]​
Woooll... I dont "want" to hang him. I like the guy. I just can't trade or tell others they can trade and trust him.

Sorta like when Gus and Call and the boys hung Jake. Nothin' personal.

NA

Allofus123 said:
Well CF hangs their scumbags on Fridays... should we pick a different day so as to draw a bigger crowd? :whistling:  :cool:
[snapback]216474[/snapback]​
I dunno Kenny... it usually takes us several days to hang somebody proper. I don't guess it matters when we start the ball.

NA

Taking from a post that Ironworker made in this thread way back when it started....

"I know I'm new here and my opinion don't mean **** but as I see it KB's been called out publicly to handle his business and has not responded."

I have a newb question/observation....

Bfree started the thread and explained exactly what the reason was that he started it. Shortly after it was started Cup mentioned he had a deal go south and CSarge mentioned he had a deal in the works. All seemed to be settled when Csarge completed and POSTED in this thread that his deal was completed and all depts were satisfied on his trade. Bfree did the same...there was a few more comments some in jest some given as a reminder to KB that he was given a chance and made good on his deals after being called out and DO NOT let it happen again.

My question is to Cup, why did you not post at that time that your deal with KB was not complete? Should this have been mentioned at that time, this thread would never have been revived because it WOULD have been settled then. I understand the benefit of the doubt thing but this is a clear case of the 'if you dont bring it up it will NOT be fixed ' mentality. This is exactly what all the fog's here attempt to avoid. You seem to have tried to resolve it privately, you brought it up in public when BFree started this thread but I like everyone else was under the assumption that all was made good.(I know, assumptions will make an A$$ out of you every freakin time and mine don't have alot of weight here anyway).

Just a thought, I did go back and read the whole thread just to make sure I did not miss something and if I did I appologize now for doing so. I was jsut wondering if that would have been the proper way to handle it since Cup did mention this in this thread, early on, would that have been the proper time/place to get it resolved?

OH and one other thing....Cheeze I am an honest believer in the time on a board has NOTHING to do with the standing in the community, quality postings, getting to know the other members, and giving back is where it counts!

Disclaimer: That last part was just IMHO, feel free to fire at will if I am worng! :whistling: :rolleyes:

EDIT: Working on spelling

mrjinglesusa said:

...some stuff..

Bro, don't mix acetaminophen and alcohol; they are both metabolized by your liver.

Lumberg said:
mrjinglesusa said:
Like Brandon said, back on topic.  Here's a synopsis after this little tangent:

...some stuff..

Bro, don't mix acetaminophen and alcohol; they are both metabolized by your liver.
[snapback]216547[/snapback]​
you're preaching health tips to a smoker. :laugh: :p

On the scumbag list or not KB must keep his obligations. Seems like he owes some smokes. Ain't no excuse for not keeping your end. Time to pay the fiddler.

Now that we have new information what is everyones thoughts about adding him to the list?

I am still going to trade with him. I am currently in a buyers club that he is in charge of and until he ****s me over, I am ok with having him lead it up.

I still don't understand the timetable of inthecup's issues with KB, because if it wasn't in the last 2 months then it is my understanding that KB cleaned up his act.

Cheat, theif..... NO

Slow to complete obligation and failure to follow through..... YES