• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looks like I got screwed.

interscape

I sent a cashiers check out some time last month, I inquired to the seller on the status and he said he was not sure if the check had come in be he would send on the 4th . I inquired again week latter there were some delays but they would be here by the middle of this week. Oh yes originally he said he would get me the FedEx tracking number now he does not have one and PM’s are no longer returned. FedEx says from his zip to mine the longest time is 4 days. This sucks.

Les

I sent a cashiers check out some time last month, I inquired to the seller on the status and he said he was not sure if the check had come in be he would send on the 4th . I inquired again week latter there were some delays but they would be here by the middle of this week. Oh yes originally he said he would get me the FedEx tracking number now he does not have one and PM’s are no longer returned. FedEx says from his zip to mine the longest time is 4 days. This sucks.

Les

Someone from this board?

Well, I'm still new here myself, but I think right about now is the time you let everyone know who he is, since he's not returning PM's.

Contact Rod and ask him the protocol for outing a bad trader. In the mean time, what were you purchasing?

If you feel you have exhausted all methods of resolution in private, then now is the time to make it a public issue.

State the facts , with a specific timeline of dates of contact.

If you wait too long, someone else may find themselves screwed. :cool:

Contact Rod. He is the founder of this board. Cigarpass functions without Admins or Mods. Rod is the highest authority. :thumbs:

If you feel you have exhausted all methods of resolution in private, then now is the time to make it a public issue.

That was my only concern. I made a bad decision so tough luck for me. I have been watching his post to make sure there are no other sales going on.

I will wait for what the boss says to do.

Do what MMM said. You don't need to contact Rod if you have been waiting this long. A bad trader in our midst is something to take very seriously and you can only help the rest of the membership by outing him.

If you look back at other situations like this, yes - there are some, then you'll see that MMM is right.

You don't need to inject opinion if you're looking to not 'out' the guy. State the facts, clinically if that's your choice. We'll draw our own conclusions. I agree that we need to know who this person is.

MMM speaks with the voice of experience.

Les

Has you cashiers check been cashed that you know of?

I understand you wanting to wait on Rod's word, but what if he pm's one of us with a buy or trade and doesn't make it public? That's not something you can monitor. You need to out the guy for no other reason than to protect the rest of us from getting taken!

That was my only concern. I made a bad decision so tough luck for me. I have been watching his post to make sure there are no other sales going on.

I will wait for what the boss says to do.

Like I said earlier, you have no way to monitor if he is in contact with one or more of us privately. You can watch the boards all day long and not see him sending pm's to people about trading or buying. You really have no other choice than to out this person so we know exactly who he is and not to deal with him and get him tossed. At this point, if it's been that long and he doesn't return and has just taken your money, as long as you have the documentation,his address, a copy of the cashiers check and your pm's, then you can go after him legally for fraud.

Can someone have Rod respond to this or PM me. This is his house and whatever says to do will be done tonight.

You need to pm him personally then because this needs to be taken care of as quickly as possible.

It is true, as you have been told above. While commendable to want Rod's input, the fact is that we are not an un-moderated board. We are ALL moderators. The advice you have been given is solid. If this guy isn't responding, it's time to bring it public. If it turns out that there were justifiable reasons, he can work it out with the community. But we are cautious here in our protection of our home and our brothers.

Rod's not logged in at the moment. It's certainly your choice to wait until he logs in. While you're waiting, search for other similar instances of someone being called out to see how others have handled it. I'm sure you'll find Rod's input in more than a few of them.