• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looks like I got screwed.

Do what MMM said. You don't need to contact Rod if you have been waiting this long. A bad trader in our midst is something to take very seriously and you can only help the rest of the membership by outing him.
That's what I would do. AVB speaks the truth.

Wilkey

I sent a cashiers check out some time last month, I inquired to the seller on the status and he said he was not sure if the check had come in be he would send on the 4th . I inquired again week latter there were some delays but they would be here by the middle of this week. Oh yes originally he said he would get me the FedEx tracking number now he does not have one and PM’s are no longer returned. FedEx says from his zip to mine the longest time is 4 days. This sucks.

Les

Les,

If it's been this long, you need to publicly out the guy. This is unacceptable behavior. Make it public before he screws another member.

In the future, please PM me when there's an issue like this. I wasn't made aware of this until just a few min ago by another member. I don't read every thread...

In any case, make it public Les, and hopefully we can get this resolved for you. If this guy is a vendor or even just a member, his reputation won't go untarnished. Word spreads fast throughout all the boards. Like MMM said, state the FACTS only.

Hopefully this'll get resolved soon...

I sent a cashiers check out some time last month, I inquired to the seller on the status and he said he was not sure if the check had come in be he would send on the 4th . I inquired again week latter there were some delays but they would be here by the middle of this week. Oh yes originally he said he would get me the FedEx tracking number now he does not have one and PM’s are no longer returned. FedEx says from his zip to mine the longest time is 4 days. This sucks.

Les

Les,

If it's been this long, you need to publicly out the guy. This is unacceptable behavior. Make it public before he screws another member.

In the future, please PM me when there's an issue like this. I wasn't made aware of this until just a few min ago by another member. I don't read every thread...

In any case, make it public Les, and hopefully we can get this resolved for you. If this guy is a vendor or even just a member, his reputation won't go untarnished. Word spreads fast throughout all the boards. Like MMM said, state the FACTS only.

I can not figure out how to post our PM history in a usable form. Can a senior just PM me and I will give them my password for review.

Les

Les,

I can not figure out how to post our PM history in a usable form. Can a senior just PM me and I will give them my password for review.
The member in question is scthornton

Edit: Address removed pending outcome.

I understand the problem here and I am to blame.

Les has not done anything wrong, he has a right to be mad. I received his check and did not send the cigars in a timely manor. I am out of town all week long and was having my wife take care of getting a box and shipping these cigars. She had not gotten to it and I thought she had. I told Les that he would have a tracking number and the cigars this week. This did not happen.

I am not trying to screw anyone here, this just turned into a mess. FWIW, I have not cashed the check, as I did not feel right cashing it since I hadn't done my end.

If Les still wants the cigars, I will personally ship them out Monday and provide a tracking number to the board so everyone knows I am not fradulent. I am here to be a member of the community and agree with this post and what has transposed. If Les wants his money back, I will mail the check back. If there is a need to "oust" me, I will comply as I don't want to be the bad egg in the community. I was planning on throwing in some extras for Les for the troubles to try and make this right.

I apologize for this...

Don't fuck up what little chance you have at redemption. Next to child abuse, you've already done about as bad as you can do here. You've got nowhere to go but up. With many here, you've already got nowhere to go but somewhere else.

Only one thing to do....Get IT DONE....Communication is viable and more than one will be watching for the correct end result in a Timely Manner!

I understand the problem here and I am to blame.

Les has not done anything wrong, he has a right to be mad. I received his check and did not send the cigars in a timely manor. I am out of town all week long and was having my wife take care of getting a box and shipping these cigars. She had not gotten to it and I thought she had. I told Les that he would have a tracking number and the cigars this week. This did not happen.

I am not trying to screw anyone here, this just turned into a mess. FWIW, I have not cashed the check, as I did not feel right cashing it since I hadn't done my end.

If Les still wants the cigars, I will personally ship them out Monday and provide a tracking number to the board so everyone knows I am not fradulent. I am here to be a member of the community and agree with this post and what has transposed. If Les wants his money back, I will mail the check back. If there is a need to "oust" me, I will comply as I don't want to be the bad egg in the community. I was planning on throwing in some extras for Les for the troubles to try and make this right.

I apologize for this...

I figured this would be the case and should have settled down. Sorry to waste everyones time.

No, you weren't wrong for posting this Les. I feel like I lied, I feel horrible that I have delayed this. When I told you they were being sent, my wife had an issue finding a box to hold these, then she said she would send them the next day and it never happened. I should have contacted you at that point, but for whatever reason I didn't.

I will make this right...

No, you weren't wrong for posting this Les. I feel like I lied, I feel horrible that I have delayed this. When I told you they were being sent, my wife had an issue finding a box to hold these, then she said she would send them the next day and it never happened. I should have contacted you at that point, but for whatever reason I didn't.

Good on you for responding. This is why I always contact the highest authority. You never know when extenuating circumstance can cause a glitch. Happy trading guys. :thumbs: The brotherhood of the leaf has been partially vindicated.

Don't fuck up what little chance you have at redemption. Next to child abuse, you've already done about as bad as you can do here. You've got nowhere to go but up. With many here, you've already got nowhere to go but somewhere else.
I just have a hard time with the fact that he hasn't responded to anything or been seen or heard from until Rod makes his post, then voilà, he magically appears. I give him credit for coming out and saying that he's gonna make this right with Les, but would any of this ever have happened if he hadn't been called out? I just have a hard time with the fact that the guys been invisible for so long and then just like that, happens to appear the same night Rod has Les out him. JMHO.

I emailed him too which may have gotten his attention. We'll see how it goes from here.

I just have a hard time with the fact that he hasn't responded to anything or been seen or heard from until Rod makes his post, then voilà, he magically appears. I give him credit for coming out and saying that he's gonna make this right with Les, but would any of this ever have happened if he hadn't been called out? I just have a hard time with the fact that the guys been invisible for so long and then just like that, happens to appear the same night Rod has Les out him. JMHO.

I emailed him too which may have gotten his attention. We'll see how it goes from here.

And Boys I can tell you from Experience (uncle 4 time Vietnam vet ), you DO NOT want a drunk pissed off Marine at your door.

I agree with Jonesy on this one. I buy/sell/trade another item on a few different sites and have seen this time and time again. My experiences have shown that once a situation like this occurs it usually goes from bad to worse. and you can't believe how many times the " I'm out of town and I thought my wife/ girlfriend, whoever was taking care of it" excuse was posted. Eventually the offending party ends up going away or being banned. interscape hopefully you get your end.

Edit. had wrong victim in post!

I was watching this unfold last night and, I have to agree with Brian after seeing the latest. Scott claims to be sorry now when it comes down to being called out by Rod and the concerned member. But, why did he not respond to any of the PM's sent his way until that point? It all smells fishy to me since it is very easy to talk to your wife to see what is going on. Then to in turn let the buyer know what the status is. I could be wrong...............Just seems like an awful lot of convienent blame shifts going on.

However, there are some lessons for all here especially us new guys. I did a split with a FOG recently and he sent the payment before the goods even came in. Lets just say it was an "overseas purchase". The credit card company declined it after speaking to my wife who told them it must be fraudlent (of course I didn't tell her :rolleyes: ). When I found out about it we had lost a week or so on the split purchase. I told the FOG about the circumstances and, when I got the goods I overnighted them, eating the extra cost of shipping. My point is, when he questioned why I did this and I told him because I felt bad about the extra time not wanting to arouse concerns. He responded with................... "No need to feel this way. When it comes to these buys, communication is everything. And, you did just that my friend by keeping me in the loop the whole time."
So Scott, fishy or not, this is where you failed miserably. I hope you can see this error. Just my .02

scthornton,
With all due respect, your next and last post on this matter should be of the form "I have resolved this situation to interscape's complete satisfaction." No more excuses, no more explanations. Your path going forward will be determined by this critical next step.

The chain of events leading to the call-out has been made pretty clear. As jfields pointed out, communication is key. Why? Because it's the courteous and the responsible thing to do. There is a need for timely and open communication even when transactions are progressing smoothly. But as we've seen time and time again, miscommunication or lack of communication when things start deviating from the plan can lead to very unpleasant outcomes. Getting the sense that one is being ignored, especially when there are substantial amounts of money involved, instantly and rightly raises suspicion.

I figured this would be the case and should have settled down. Sorry to waste everyones time.
You did the right thing. You attempted to resolve this behind the scenes. You exercised due discretion in bringing this to the awareness of the community. You stuck to the facts and avoided bringing in an emotionality that could have quickly sent this situation into a downward spiral. You have nothing to apologize for.

And while I'm on the soapbox, let me suggest that this is another object lesson in why our B/S/T forum is community-managed in the way that it is. It is there for the benefit of members who have established a presence/history here and who have generated some goodwill. Some would argue that the absence of a poor reputation, or any reputation at all is sufficient for one to be able to initiate transactions but I think that standard is too lax. I don't subscribe to the "unfettered free market" conception of this resource. I regard the B/S/T forum and, more generally, any member-to-member transaction as a privilege of membership in good standing. Surely anyone can deal with anyone they choose, but we all need to understand that trading with a short timer or even a long time member in absentia is a risk. On the other hand, trading with a member in good standing is often as good as a blood oath. (sorry for the melodramatics, but you get my point :D)

Wilkey

As jfields pointed out, communication is key. Why? Because it's the courteous and the responsible thing to do. There is a need for timely and open communication even when transactions are progressing smoothly. But as we've seen time and time again, miscommunication or lack of communication when things start deviating from the plan can lead to very unpleasant outcomes.

Wilkey

Excellent point, Wilkey! True in marriage as well as all human contact.

I love Vonnegut's little ditty on human relationships, "Love may fail, but courtesy will prevail!" :D