• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Looks like I got screwed.

No doubt communication is key. After committing to sending on the 4th and then again the following week the "I was out of town" excuse given this time is weak at best. While it may be true, you knew that two previous agreed to ship dates were not met and should have owed up at that moment and not left the other party to guess. There is no valid excuse for this other than "I screwed up" and "I will take care of this TODAY".

IF this was a matter of forgetting and constant communication was involved than waiting until Monday would be acceptable but, IMO, this is two agreed to shipping dates being renigged on and a lack of communication on your part. This should have been taken care of TODAY not Monday. At this point your convenience is not a consideration.

Maybe you need to have a little talk with your wife, man. You gave me the same excuse of your wife sending them out late when I purchased some RP 92s from you... I did get the cigars at least, though, and even some tag alongs...

---John Holmes...

Maybe you need to have a little talk with your wife, man. You gave me the same excuse of your wife sending them out late when I purchased some RP 92s from you... I did get the cigars at least, though, and even some tag alongs...

---John Holmes...
*sigh*

That's not good at all. At least man up and take the blame if the responsibility was yours. I'm not saying that this is what happened but it's cowardly to pin it on someone, especially someone who is not here to defend against the shifted blame, and super-especially when the person you fingered is a loved one.

Wilkey

Listen, I'm not blaming her, as it's not her fault. She does ship things for me, as she works for a shipping company. This is my fault, however you cut and it will be taken care of. I'm not making excuses. I do travel everyday and am gone during the week, whether you choose to believe that or not, I will not lose sleep.

I have done many trades on this board over the last 4 months and have not had any complaints. I made a mistake, and am sorry.

---John Holmes...
Once, maybe a mistake, twice.......ummmm no! Regardless of your shipping connections, you obviously have no regard for sending out cigars that you sell in a timely manner.

Is there any reason you can't get this in the mail TODAY and post a tracking number TODAY....?? I Sure don't see one..... :angry:

Quit saying "I will make it right" and GET IT DONE. Your reputation is circling the drain and only you can make this better.

Make this happen - B.B.S.

Listen, I'm not blaming her, as it's not her fault. She does ship things for me, as she works for a shipping company. This is my fault, however you cut and it will be taken care of. I'm not making excuses. I do travel everyday and am gone during the week, whether you choose to believe that or not, I will not lose sleep.

I have done many trades on this board over the last 4 months and have not had any complaints. I made a mistake, and am sorry.

Problem is Scott............Once you agree to a buy, trade or, split. You agree to be committed to it. Wether it be performing it in a timely fashion or, keeping the communication lines open. It's not about that we are saying wether we believe you or not. Just that you have not been living up to your end of the deal. Being too busy to do your end or, saying "my wife Did not" will not cut it with most here. You would be better off not getting involved with these sales / trades if you are this busy and never around.

Ummmm...............She works for a shipping company and, she had an issue finding a box to ship out some cigars????
Edited for spelling

There's no sense piling on. We have high standards here. He didn't live up to them. Members will notice. He'll suffer the consequences. There's nothing else to say.

Doc.

There's no sense piling on. We have high standards here. He didn't live up to them. Members will notice. He'll suffer the consequences. There's nothing else to say.

Doc.

It should also be stressed that he continues to fail to live up to those standards and has seemingly used such excuses in the past. Then, the most recent "I won't lose sleep" comment is flippant and, bottom line, disrespectful. Your reputation is everything (or should be to you), and thus far you've done nothing but come off as a cowardly, excuse-making ass. You should deeply care whether or not the good BOTLs/SOTLs here believe you, especially if you're out to enter in B/S/Ts. If you don't care, then go elsewhere. Bottom line.

Doc.

It should also be stressed that he continues to fail to live up to those standards and has seemingly used such excuses in the past. Then, the most recent "I won't lose sleep" comment is flippant and, bottom line, disrespectful. Your reputation is everything (or should be to you), and thus far you've done nothing but come off as a cowardly, excuse-making ass. You should deeply care whether or not the good BOTLs/SOTLs here believe you, especially if you're out to enter in B/S/Ts. If you don't care, then go elsewhere. Bottom line.

x2. At the end of the day, the only thing a man has is his reputation, one should viciously protect that!

Something we've been trying to teach Wilkey, condense your post to say what needs to be said. Leave out the fluff. :cool: :D

Something we've been trying to teach Wilkey, condense your post to say what needs to be said. Leave out the fluff. :cool: :D

LOL! Allow me to steal your thunder and post a concise response for you, brother Wilkey.

So I gotta ask...are you using your wife's employer's FedEx account to ship these out?

LOL! Allow me to steal your thunder and post a concise response for you, brother Wilkey.

Thanks, brother Sam. :thumbs: I ought to start sending Freebern royalties. :p

And let me add the following about "fluff"

Every post is a symphony. Every sentence a lyrical poem. Each turn of phrase like the summer sunrise and every word a star in the night sky.

Fluff? I say, nay. Naught but the finest of internet erudition is good enough for my compatriots. How could I countenance depriving you of even a single morsel? :D

Wilkey

Edit: to make it even more gorgeously poetic

Has this been resolved? I have seen no posting of any results.

Gentlemen, we require an update. Preferably tonight.

I noticed my nose is pretty damn big...

From reading this posts in this thread, there seems to be some implied hostility directed towards Scott, and while I don't know him personally, I have had multiple transactions with him and each one was resolved to our mutual satisfaction. From personal experience, I don't feel that Scott is out to screw anyone intentionally. This most recent incident is not undeserving of the suspicions roused all about, he has explained and apologized, and hopefully make good on his end. I expect to hear or read a glowing resolution to this conflict, lest I look like a bigger ass than I already am playing devil's advocate.

Scott, on a side note although not unrelated, for future transactions should there be any, please take responsibility for yourself and your charge and do ship them yourself. While I know it is convenient to utilize the facilities available to your wife, it ultimately falls on your shoulders to balance the engagements yourself and other involved parties mutually agreed upon.

From reading this posts in this thread, there seems to be some implied hostility directed towards Scott, and while I don't know him personally, I have had multiple transactions with him and each one was resolved to our mutual satisfaction. From personal experience, I don't feel that Scott is out to screw anyone intentionally. This most recent incident is not undeserving of the suspicions roused all about, he has explained and apologized, and hopefully make good on his end. I expect to hear or read a glowing resolution to this conflict, lest I look like a bigger ass than I already am playing devil's advocate.

Scott, on a side note although not unrelated, for future transactions should there be any, please take responsibility for yourself and your charge and do ship them yourself. While I know it is convenient to utilize the facilities available to your wife, it ultimately falls on your shoulders to balance the engagements yourself and other involved parties mutually agreed upon.
Dave, I don't agree.

There is plenty of dissatisfaction and frustration with his behavior both leading up to and subsequent to his outing, but thus far it has been factual. It has not been directed toward the person as far as I can tell. Only the problematic behaviors of deflection and snarkiness. The events here have not been at all unusual as far as the way this type of situation is handled here on CP.

Wilkey

I noticed my nose is pretty damn big...

There is a very simple answer to this issue, and Scott hasn't handled this properly at all.

Gentlemen, we require an update. Preferably tonight.
X3 - There is no reason whatsoever that this hasn't been made right, and DC's posted for the seller and the community at large.

B.B.S.