• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Pass

@Pugman1943
I was thinking this would be a way for new guys to get a chance to learn how a pass operates, that being the primary goal. I was also thinking it would be a chance for guys to try some cigars they may have yet to try, or wouldn’t go out and seek. The list I have put together is predominantly NC cigars, with a small list of less expensive CC. They are as followed:
:Atabey Divino
: Arturo Fuente 8-9-8 Maduro
: Arturo Fuente Short Story Maduro
: Arturo Fuente Short Story Rare Pink
: All Saints Saint Francis Churchill
: Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
: Camacho Triple Maduro Gordo
: Camacho Criollo Churchill
: CAO Cameroon Perfecto (short story size)
: CAO Flathead Sparkplug
:CAO America Potmac
: Don Benigno Robusto
: Foundation Tabernacle Robusto
H. Uppman Reserve Churchill (NC)
IGM Kalavera Torpedo
La Gloria Cubans Society Cigar Toro (NC)
My Father Flor De Las Antilles Toro
Oliva Master Blen 3 Robusto
Oliva Series V Melanio Natural Robusto
Oliva Series V Melanio Maduro Robusto Oliva Seies V Churchill
Oscar Leaf Connecticut Toro
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron 90th Anniversary Tubo Maduro
Padron 1964 Soberano Maduro
Perez Carillo Encore
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Robusto
Tatuaje TAA 2022

CC:
H.Uppman Half Corona RAP-OCT-22
Montecristo No.3 ETA-ABR-22
Montecristo No. 5 ROP-DIC-20
Partagas Mille Fleurs MLS-MAY-21
Romeo Y Julieta Petit Royales OER-NOV-19

Johnny LC Mag 48 2023
Johnny LC Corona Gorda 2023
Johnny LC Year of The Rabbit Presidente 2023
Johnny WF 898 2023
Johnny WF Corona Gorda 2023

Also, once the pass is “official” there will be rules set that we can all agree to and adjust as needed before sending anything out. @TexEagle brought up the idea of alternating from new guy to veteran, which is a great idea, but I don’t know if it would geographically work well.

A little light reading for you
Thank you for posting those links up. It is appreciated.

@Pugman1943
I was thinking this would be a way for new guys to get a chance to learn how a pass operates, that being the primary goal. I was also thinking it would be a chance for guys to try some cigars they may have yet to try, or wouldn’t go out and seek. The list I have put together is predominantly NC cigars, with a small list of less expensive CC. They are as followed:
:Atabey Divino
: Arturo Fuente 8-9-8 Maduro
: Arturo Fuente Short Story Maduro
: Arturo Fuente Short Story Rare Pink
: All Saints Saint Francis Churchill
: Camacho Triple Maduro Robusto
: Camacho Triple Maduro Gordo
: Camacho Criollo Churchill
: CAO Cameroon Perfecto (short story size)
: CAO Flathead Sparkplug
:CAO America Potmac
: Don Benigno Robusto
: Foundation Tabernacle Robusto
H. Uppman Reserve Churchill (NC)
IGM Kalavera Torpedo
La Gloria Cubans Society Cigar Toro (NC)
My Father Flor De Las Antilles Toro
Oliva Master Blen 3 Robusto
Oliva Series V Melanio Natural Robusto
Oliva Series V Melanio Maduro Robusto Oliva Seies V Churchill
Oscar Leaf Connecticut Toro
Padron 2000 Maduro
Padron 90th Anniversary Tubo Maduro
Padron 1964 Soberano Maduro
Perez Carillo Encore
Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 Robusto
Tatuaje TAA 2022

CC:
H.Uppman Half Corona RAP-OCT-22
Montecristo No.3 ETA-ABR-22
Montecristo No. 5 ROP-DIC-20
Partagas Mille Fleurs MLS-MAY-21
Romeo Y Julieta Petit Royales OER-NOV-19

Johnny LC Mag 48 2023
Johnny LC Corona Gorda 2023
Johnny LC Year of The Rabbit Presidente 2023
Johnny WF 898 2023
Johnny WF Corona Gorda 2023
Good selection. I see some right of the bat that I would love to try from the list

I can see the reticence due to frequent travel -- that is a valid concern. However, for the rest of anyone reading this and thinking, "I don't have any good cigars of value to contribute"... don't sweat it! This prospective pass is for newbies who are yet to really have both feet in the cigar pond. All of the forum veterans understand this, and no one is going to judge you on what you can contribute. No one is expecting any of you to be putting in stupid high-end stuff or CCs. Join in, have fun, and don't stress over it!

Aloha all, just saw this. Thank you so much for considering me! I did quite of few these back in my previous CC career (01-08/09). I remember the basics and also read the rules posted above

Main thing i am in Hawaii so wait to make sure the extra distance is okay with all? Also my meager humidor is waiting on things to arrive next week. I did splurge a quite bit (lol) so within a week or so will have plenty CC to work with in the two weeks.

I would happy to join, but again just want to make sure I qualify okay?

I can see the reticence due to frequent travel -- that is a valid concern. However, for the rest of anyone reading this and thinking, "I don't have any good cigars of value to contribute"... don't sweat it! This prospective pass is for newbies who are yet to really have both feet in the cigar pond. All of the forum veterans understand this, and no one is going to judge you on what you can contribute. No one is expecting any of you to be putting in stupid high-end stuff or CCs. Join in, have fun, and don't stress over it!
Ah okay, wasn’t sure if it was all CC. Which is honestly all I smoke other than a few bundles of NC Lanceros from FOH.

You guys going to have a minimum membership timeframe or allow anyone to join? Might want to also define "Active".

Any member who is actively posting (todays smoke thread, etc.) at least once a week, I feel like would be a good definition.

I also should have put any other “active members” instead of “FOG’s” for better clarification. I feel like that term is viewed differently from a newer members perspective, opposed to the veterans.

I’m thinking I may have been a little over optimistic on how many newer guys would want to participate. This is why a time frame never came to mind because I didn’t think that would have been one of the issues 😂

Man this eases my anxiety. I’m still hunting for some extraordinary awesome sticks I can put in the box and pass along. I hope I don’t disappoint. I think I can find some real gems most would appreciate but you guys have a lot more time invested than my couple of years. I just got my first 48L coolerdor today delivered because I was scared to invest in a big one (and learn how to set it up). so I have 10 that ranged from 40 to 100 cigar capacity. 🤣

Really looking forward to this pass!

would it be possible for me to join sinceim in sweden or will it become to complicated? since im in sweden 🤔 or is everyone in on the pass in the us?
cuz there is a possibility my customs can fuck me and take everything?

I wouldn't chance this. Sending all of his cigars through customs would be a huge risk.
i suspected so just wanted to ask. would be fun if we in europe could have something like this

There is the possibility of sending cigars from Europe to the pass which day is stateside, and then once received cigars from the pass then get sent to Europe. How they get past customs it’s not some thing I have good idea on how to solve.

There is the possibility of sending cigars from Europe to the pass which day is stateside, and then once received cigars from the pass then get sent to Europe. How they get past customs it’s not some thing I have good idea on how to solve.
ah i see maybe in the future or is they invent instant transportation over sea or something similar. but fun to know in the future