• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Newbie Training Cigar Pass-- For February 07-

The box will go out in the morning.

Smellysell, you ready to rock?

I'm ready. I need to run to the gas station today and get some Black n Milds though I guess.

edit: I thought I remembered SJM saying he wanted msrp to be posted for all the P/Ts? Are we still doing this?

Dear Smellysell and All,

We should list the MSRP on the puts and takes. It will make it easier for all to see how this works. From this point, I would recommend all to list MSRP.

:rolleyes: By the way, I am looking forward to those Black and Milds, but would prefer the grape White Owls!! By the way, don't bother going to the gas station, I got brought them out on the BnM!! :whistling:

To All,

The Puts and Takes have been updated from Bilder!! Smellysell you are next in line!! Don't forget those Black and Milds!! I will be sorely disappointed if I don't get them!! You promised!! :whistling:

Sax, are the mystery sticks unbanded and blind review kinda thing or just a mysterious stick? the blind review type would be fun to do. :)

Sax, are the mystery sticks unbanded and blind review kinda thing or just a mysterious stick? the blind review type would be fun to do. :)

The mystery sticks are banded. For whoever takes them, and I hope that someone does, it would be a great review item. The sticks are not bad at all!! :thumbs:

I consider this CAO product to be low on flavor, inconsistent on construction, and (if you will) a dumbed-down mild stick for an audience who is a bit intimidated by cigar stores and welcomes a very mild cigar for their two-stick-a-year cigar habit.

Now I'm having second thoughts about taking it! :laugh:

I consider this CAO product to be low on flavor, inconsistent on construction, and (if you will) a dumbed-down mild stick for an audience who is a bit intimidated by cigar stores and welcomes a very mild cigar for their two-stick-a-year cigar habit.

Now I'm having second thoughts about taking it! :laugh:

I have not tried any yet, so I cannot give you a review. Maybe I will light one up this afternoon.

I figured I'd do my P/Ts while I was waiting for the box, so I can get it turned around as quickly as possible. After I see what the mystery stick is I might snag one of those too.

T: 50. Soprano Soldier ($12.60)/ P: 51. DCM #2 ($12.50)
T: 4. Gurkha Perfecto ($5) / P: 52. AF Cuban Beli ($5.10)

I realize it's too late now, but should we have called the chiselito for soprano trade? CI has the chilselito maddies for under $5, whereas the only place on cigarcyclopedia's website that had the Soprano was $12.60.

edit: I suppose we should probably use cigarcyclopedia average for all, even if they are listed on this board, to be consistent. Coming up with different P/T proposal.

looks good to me, imo if the person is willing to take the 'hit' it should be fine? are we takin the avg from cigarcyclopedia?

I figured I'd do my P/Ts while I was waiting for the box, so I can get it turned around as quickly as possible. After I see what the mystery stick is I might snag one of those too.

T: 50. Soprano Soldier ($12.60)/ P: 51. DCM #2 ($12.50)
T: 4. Gurkha Perfecto ($4.80) / P: 52. AF Cuban Beli ($5.10)

I realize it's too late now, but should we have called the chiselito for soprano trade? CI has the chilselito maddies for under $5, whereas the only place on cigarcyclopedia's website that had the Soprano was $12.60.

I belive that Wanlail's opinion is the same as mine. Bilder PUT a $12 cigar for a $5 cigar. That is a grievous error against bilder. I will attribute that to the lack of sunlight :laugh: It may be lopsided, but it was "for" the pass. This is acceptable. Hell, it's awesome. Consider it a gift. Thanks for the put, bilder.

I expect to see a bit more if this in this pass, just to spice things up. Call it a hunch. I think bilder did a veteran move.

Hey I'm glad he did it, I've been wanting to try one of those Sopranos. The only reason I brought it up, was because in the pass the outlaw guys are doing, a p/t was challenged because it was so lopsided, I think he wanted to take a JFR and put a BTL.

I used MMMs anejo post for the AFs and the lowest on cigarcyclopedia for the ones that aren't in any of his posts. Should I have used the average?

I know the LFD was not as valuable as the CAO, but I really wanted to try that stick and figured that I would pay $12-14 for a single locally, so what the hey.

Someone was bound to want the Soprano and it would be a good chance for a brother to get a stick they might not otherwise try.

I know the LFD was not as valuable as the CAO, but I really wanted to try that stick and figured that I would pay $12-14 for a single locally, so what the hey.

Someone was bound to want the Soprano and it would be a good chance for a brother to get a stick they might not otherwise try.

Nice play :thumbs:

Hey I'm glad he did it, I've been wanting to try one of those Sopranos. The only reason I brought it up, was because in the pass the outlaw guys are doing, a p/t was challenged because it was so lopsided, I think he wanted to take a JFR and put a BTL.

I used MMMs anejo post for the AFs and the lowest on cigarcyclopedia for the ones that aren't in any of his posts. Should I have used the average?

I used the average

It seems the average on cigarcyclopedia is the consensus, and in that case, I should probably re-think my puts/takes so they are more fair. I'll post some ammended ones later. Thanks for the feedback guys.

It seems the average on cigarcyclopedia is the consensus, and in that case, I should probably re-think my puts/takes so they are more fair. I'll post some ammended ones later. Thanks for the feedback guys.

I wouldnt worry too much. I have no issue with your puts and takes.

I just didn't realize you can get DCMs and Cuban Belis both for under MSRP! You sure can't around here with our 50% tax.

I have no issues with Smelly's P & T's. Proceed as far as I am concerned. MSRP on those sticks was spot on.

Quade