• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Since I know many of you want to discuss the current election, please do so in this thread only. If it gets nasty, I will remove the thread.

I think I'm being very generous allowing this, so please keep it clean and act like adults, please.

Thanks,
Rod

I take that back. If it gets nasty, maybe I'll just remove those post's who can't obey the basic board rules of no flaming. Why ruin it for everyone?

Rod said:
I take that back. If it gets nasty, maybe I'll just remove those post's who can't obey the basic board rules of no flaming. Why ruin it for everyone?
Most wise of you Rod :thumbs:

If I am not wrong, this is the first Election Year that CP has weathered.

That being said, I think it is only fair to be aware that when a bunch of people with a common hobby get together during an Election Year, there WILL be debate, nothing will stop it. Wouldn't it be better to let it run it's course, and it will be over shortly after the election? I think that would be better than censorship, cause once the polotics are done, all any of us will remember is the Duct Tape over our collective mouths.

Of course, that is just my Oppinion and I will of course abide by the rules, it just seems that these rules are better suited to a 3rd grade classroom than a collection of oppinionated adult males (with a select few equally oppinunated women)

Does anyone else think its totally innapropriate that Bush is talking to the press on TV while voting is going on?

As usual a lot of close races. And people think their vote doesn't count :p

other1 said:
Does anyone else think its totally innapropriate that Bush is talking to the press on TV while voting is going on?
Hello!!! Anyone home?

Kerry held televised interviews with a number of local networks today, in the battleground states.

But to answer the question, Nope, not inapropriate at all.

Looking good for Bush so far. Long, long, long night...well, month, to go...

ALostTexan

Fox News says the Florida vote count could be delayed until November 12th. Seems like absentee ballots weren't sent out in a timely manner, they were sent out last Saturday. They say a judge will decide if those outstanding votes will count. What is wrong in Florida? Two elections in a row.

Currently in FL, 96 of the precincts have reported and bush has 52% for a 5% lead. That judge should say it is clear that the Absentee votes will not change that outcome.

He's the freakin' SITTING President of the United States! Why would it NOT be ok for him to talk to the press on election day!? ??? If he didn't make himself available someone would say he was hiding out!

Just take it with a grain of salt and let it go. ;)

On a local note, our incumbent's for City Commission have won their seats back. :D It was an UGLY race with a new idiot who everyone saw through. So, it's good for the City employees (that means ME!!!)

Oh well, good luck to GW!!! :sign:

Floyd T. :sign:

PB,

This is the 2nd election year. We were around in 2000 as well...

I stand corrected. I wasn't here then, and I don't know right now what it is that made me think that ???

There must have been something happen to CP then, cause the reason I thought that was that the earliest join date is yours, and it in Jan 01. I do remember hearing at some point that CP did go back past that date.

Anybody still watching the returns? Or am I alone again...

Naturally :D

I dunno who your guy is, but it looks like Bush is gonna pull it off, barring any major legal action by the Kerry Camp

as of right now, Bush is ahead in NM and OH, those 2 states are worth 25 EVs and that would put bushes projected EVs at 271, according to CNN, and 270 is a win.