• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

W is still the president........or so it seems.....

He's leading in Ohio with over 80% of the polls reporting! If he wins Ohio, it will be looking pretty damn good!

PuroBrat said:
Anybody still watching the returns? Or am I alone again...

Naturally :D
I said I would not stay up late like I did in 2000, but here it is 1:17 a.m., and I am still watching. Looking good for Bush!!!

ALostTexan

I cant make up my mind stay inside and keep watching or go outside in the cold and have a cigar :D

See, I have the best of both worlds. I live in an apartment that my company has set me up in, and I can turn the TV just enough to see the screen, turn the volume up just enough that it doesn't bother the neighbors, have a nice glass of wine, and smoke a good cigar. I can't complain a bit...

ALostTexan

Randyb1 said:
I cant make up my mind stay inside and keep watching or go outside in the cold and have a cigar :D
Same here, it is looking like time for a Victory Dance

If GW wins Ohio, would it not do the Democratic Party a world of good for Kerry to conceed the election?! Disregard all of the court appeals and such. Just walk away with his pride and take one for the team. Setting them up for the '08 elections. I believe the Libs would fare better that way. Folks are still a bit ticked over the '00 debackle(sp?).

Discuss it amongst yourselves!

Floyd T. :sign:

SKYDIVNEKD said:
If GW wins Ohio, would it not do the Democratic Party a world of good for Kerry to conceed the election?! Disregard all of the court appeals and such. Just walk away with his pride and take one for the team. Setting them up for the '08 elections. I believe the Libs would fare better that way. Folks are still a bit ticked over the '00 debackle(sp?).

I agree it would be the smart thing to do, but let's not forget who we are talking about.... :lookup:

SKYDIVNEKD said:

He wont be able to do that, the dems have lost all their respectability and will file lawsuits all over everywhere it is close.Kerry would do himself much good if he did just concede a well fought battle and move on.It is about time they got over the loss in 2000 and let the country get back on a road to harmony so we can move forward as a country but that is just a dream to me.

You might be right there bigmac, unfortunately. However, Bush just pulled ahead in NV, so he is ahead in three states now, that are collectively worth 30 EVs, more than enough if the Dems will screw their heads on straight ???

PuroBrat said:
I dunno who your guy is, but it looks like Bush is gonna pull it off, barring any major legal action by the Kerry Camp

as of right now, Bush is ahead in NM and OH, those 2 states are worth 25 EVs and that would put bushes projected EVs at 271, according to CNN, and 270 is a win.
no concession speeches yet... does this mean the legal protests will be filed tomorrow?

moki said:
PuroBrat said:
I dunno who your guy is, but it looks like Bush is gonna pull it off, barring any major legal action by the Kerry Camp

as of right now, Bush is ahead in NM and OH, those 2 states are worth 25 EVs and that would put bushes projected EVs at 271, according to CNN, and 270 is a win.
no concession speeches yet... does this mean the legal protests will be filed tomorrow?
That is the Buzz on all the news sites. :(

Did ya see Edwards little speech?! ??? Hopefully he meant they were just gonna let it ride out tonight and then in the AM, call it a day!(meaning conceed)

However, he did say, "...we won't rest until EVERY vote is counted...." Doesn't sound too promising for a quiet exit! :(

Dems are the biggest sore losers!

Jesus, dont they get it, America wants Reps., look at all the seats they lost.

4 more years!

BUSH

Jim

SKYDIVNEKD said:
Did ya see Edwards little speech?! ??? Hopefully he meant they were just gonna let it ride out tonight and then in the AM, call it a day!(meaning conceed)

However, he did say, "...we won't rest until EVERY vote is counted...." Doesn't sound too promising for a quiet exit! :(

His only hope would be to take Ohio away from Bush. So I expect a bunch of Dem. Lawyers to converge on poor OH before the sun rises in the morning ???

I still think it is Time for Bush to give his Victory Speech :D