• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

Agreed. I would hope that whoever won, and now we know its Bush, would keep in mind they need to represent EVERYONE, including the large portion of the nation that didn't vote for them. That was my only point.

other1 said:
Agreed. I would hope that whoever won, and now we know its Bush, would keep in mind they need to represent EVERYONE, including the large portion of the nation that didn't vote for them. That was my only point.
Yep....

And are you ever gonna respond to my PM? :angry: ;)

MattR> I Agree with you bro, I truly hope that Bush's next 4 years will show him working for the wishes of all of us. I am just glad HE will be the one doing it, because I don't think Kerry would have.

Other1> I am not saying you are wrong, my statement...
No, I am gonna refrain from saying what I was going to say when I hit the QUOTE button
was made because what I was going to say was a rather partisan statement of which I thought better. Yes, the margin of Victory sitting at 3.5 mil is very small, 3% is Barely a win, but a win none the less.

I don't mind saying I am happy right now. I think the best man won. But we all know about my ability to judge character :lookup:

I was right about CC, I hope I am right this time as well

Matt R said:
SamGuss said:
and the majority wins.
Republican house, senate and the opportunity for conservatives judges to be seated in the Supreme Court have the chance to really undermine what this nation is all about. Not to mention the fact thta GWB and Cheney have nothing to lose, since neither will be running in 2008.

I am not a religious person, as witnessed in earlier threads here, but I am truely praying for this country now, more than ever.
I couldnt disagree with you more on this, it is very clear to me that the liberal judges are the ones who undermine what our country was all about and what the constitution was written for. How can you think that someone who would interpret the constitution as it is written and not try to read into it what isnt there is undermining??
I thank god that Bush has a mandate to put conservatives on the Supreme Court and I hope he is able to put at least three or four there this term. The liberals need to be put in check and I think if they want to survive they need to get rid of the extremist faction and get back to what liberals used to be about and quit pushing the communist agenda they have drifted toward, if they dont they will continue to lose position in washington.

Bush will do what he thinks is right no matter what his opposition thinks, which is what he is supposed to do.

Wrong, the president is supposed to represent the country's will, not what HE thinks is the right thing to do.

This is a very big defeat of the liberals in this country

No bigger than in 2000, when they also did not get the majority in the house or senate.

they are a minority no matter what numbers you try to quote.

I don't see how that could ever be proven, which is a big priority for you, proof.

How many senate seats did you guys pick up? House seats??

What difference does it make it they are still controlled by a certain party??

Matt R said:
I hope the president sees the need to move toward the American people and not just toward the way the wind is blowing across his nuts on a particular morning.
I think you are talking about Skerry, after all isnt it Bush that has the reputation of doing something no matter what the rest of the world thinks of it?? It was Skerry who took polls to find out what to say about the Bin laden tapes and everything else he ever did.Clinton was all about "opinion polls", i am not saying that Bush doesnt listen to the polls but it doesnt take precedence over his beliefs, i think that is very clear.

bigmac said:
How can you think that someone who would interpret the constitution as it is written and not try to read into it what isnt there is undermining??
That happens on both side of the aisle. With technology and a change in culture, comes new interpretations. In a highly civilized and advanced culture, you just can't rely on what was written centuries ago as doctrine. There needs to be checks and balances and with the combination we have now and could add to in the near future, the whole idea of checks and balances goes out the window.

bigmac said:
Matt R said:
I hope the president sees the need to move toward the American people and not just toward the way the wind is blowing across his nuts on a particular morning.
I think you are talking about Skerry, after all isnt it Bush that has the reputation of doing something no matter what the rest of the world thinks of it?? It was Skerry who took polls to find out what to say about the Bin laden tapes and everything else he ever did.Clinton was all about "opinion polls", i am not saying that Bush doesnt listen to the polls but it doesnt take precedence over his beliefs, i think that is very clear.
Which is exactly why he is a president of one and NOT a president of the people.

bigmac said:
Matt R said:
Huh? So he listens to the opinion of the people and ignores it? Yeah, thats better... :lookup:

BTW, you won, can you at least be mature enough to show the man some respect and use his proper name. I haven't once referred to Bush as a big fat moron, and believe me I've wanted to.

I kindof agree with you Matt, but all the guys in there making those checks and balances, or not, are people we as American Voters PUT there. To me that says that the will of the people will be caried out.

While I realize that is a rather simplistic statement, it is closer to true than false.

bigmac you have a warped view of what a mandate is. Take a look at Nixon's, Reagan's or Clinton's second term polls and you'll see something closer to a mandate then just 3% of the vote.

Win he did but not even close to decisively.

Matt R said:
bigmac said:
How can you think that someone who would interpret the constitution as it is written and not try to read into it what isnt there is undermining??
That happens on both side of the aisle. With technology and a change in culture, comes new interpretations. In a highly civilized and advanced culture, you just can't rely on what was written centuries ago as doctrine. There needs to be checks and balances and with the combination we have now and could add to in the near future, the whole idea of checks and balances goes out the window.
I agree but only to an extent. I think the constitution should be read literally and I dont think it evolves at all.

AVB said:
bigmac you have a warped view of what a mandate is. Take a look at Nixon's, Reagan's or Clinton's second term polls and you'll see something closer to a mandate then just 3% of the vote.

Win he did but not even close to decisively.
He got more votes that clinton ever did, that is a fact. Decisively? ABSOLUTELY!!

Which is exactly why he is a president of one and NOT a president of the people. [/quote]
President of a majority of the american people. :D

Matt R said:
Bush will do what he thinks is right no matter what his opposition thinks, which is what he is supposed to do.
Wrong, the president is supposed to represent the country's will, not what HE thinks is the right thing to do.
At one point in time, I would agree. But a substantial portion of the voting block today aren't educated nor care enough about the actual issues to make an informed decision. People are inherently selfish. They will vote for whatever makes themselves happy. They miss out on the bigger picture. Sometimes, the right decision isn't the most popular one. If it were, then every kid in high school would skip classes and smoke weed all day. Why would you choose to study, do homework, and become educated when you can kick back and get baked?

If everyone applies the "me first" attitude and their voice is what's heard, this country would go straight to hell. Someone has to act as the voice of reason when none exists.

Yes, and the population didn't change at all did it? Care to explain how Clinton won by over 14 million votes in his two elections and bush won by only 3 million in his two? Or maybe how Clinton got a total of 749 electoral votes and bush has only 540-560? Who was decisive?