• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

OFFICAL ELECTION DISCUSSION

Matt R said:
It's just amazing to me that ANYONE would consider a citizen of the United States who did not vote, not acknowledgable. This is a government founded for the people, by the people. Those people include each and every individual citizen of this country. Men, women and children are to be represented by the government we support with our tax dollars. To say that a person does not matter if they didn't vote is very un-American. You may live in a small cocoon with no one but people just like you, but amazingly this country has different people, with different opinions. I am quite aware that WE elect these people to govern us, but as an American we should be thinking about ALL the people in this great country and not just those like us. Unfortunately I think that our culture has become a divided one, that I fear will never come together in any of our lifetimes. Those who do vote base their vote on a ME attitude and I'll admit that locally, I have been guilty of this at times. The entire world watches what we do here, whether you want to believe in a global test or not. This country is the greatest country in history and can only continue that trend if we work together. A government that works only for half of it's citizens, is far from a democracy.
P.S. Matt this is not a democracy, and never was intended to be one.Thank GOD it isnt one either.

AVB said:
PuroBrat said:
AVB said:
You forgot baby killing almost neocon (if you were more con) SOB. Come sit by me. LOL!!
OK, I am gonna need cliff's notes for this one. Can you help a Thick Headed Fool out with an interpretation ???
It was for Other1 and I'm sure he knows what it refers too. Some posts got in the middle between his post and mine that confused things a bit.
LOL. Yeah. I get it. :) I'll sit my black butt down by you any time. ;)

The way I see it is this. American refers to many different classes of people. You have Registered Votors who did, Registered voters who didn't. Then you have Children too young to vote and Elderly people who don't have, or don't think they have, the stamina to bother voting. Then you have the very poor who simply don't think they have a voice anyway. I am sure I am missing a few. But the point is, the Pres. has to represent, and make policy for ALL those classes, not JUST the ones who Vote.

I voted for Bush because I believe he will do that. His advisors help him decide on stances based on what they feel is best for all of America, and he stands by those decisions or mandates. Kerry, on the other hand, appeared to me to change his stances based solely on what the Voter's Polls told him the Voters wanted to hear. This is what caused the Monicor of Flip Flop Artist. I do not believe he would represent the younger or much older generations, nor did I think he would be best for Future Generations.

For this reason, I cast my vote for Bush. I may have made a bad choice, but I don't think I did.

Matt R said:
bigmac said:
People who dont vote dont count now do they, statistically or otherwise.
Flip Flopper.......
By otherwise I meant in voicing their displeasure with the way the country is going as well as other things, no flip flop just bad wording.

PuroBrat said:
For this reason, I cast my vote for Bush. I may have made a bad choice, but I don't think I did.
I don't think there really was a good choice no matter who you voted for. We gotta get better canidates on both sides, and soon.

I am afraid that as long as it takes $300,000,000+ to wage a successfull campaign, there will never be a ready supply of Ideal choices.

Is anyone from Idaho? I thought Schumer and Leahy had ridiculous victory margins...

Idaho incumbent Senator Crapo captured 99% of the vote!! :0 Was his opponent a convicted rapist or something?

PS.. hehehe.. crap-o

I think I answered my own question. He wasn't on the ballot and was running as a write in. Ok, new question - how on earth did the deomocratic party in Idaho not get their act together to have someone to run?

AVB said:
Nixon won by 18 million in 1972, what does that say? ???
AVB, it's moronic posts like this that show you are nothing but a $hit stirrer and are not interested in pursuring a reasonable debate but you just want to cause trouble.

Tell ya what, should someone get down in the gutter with you and post:

Clinton won by a heck of a lot in 1996 and was subsequently impeached.  What does that say?

Who cares what it "says"? Why can't you post something intelligent instead of stupid remarks like this?

Anyone see the US Senate results in ILLINOIS?????

If there is some obvious message in naming either of these races someone will have to fill me in.
???

coventrycat86 said:
AVB said:
Nixon won by 18 million in 1972, what does that say?  ???
AVB, it's moronic posts like this that show you are nothing but a $hit stirrer and are not interested in pursuring a reasonable debate but you just want to cause trouble.

Tell ya what, should someone get down in the gutter with you and post:

Clinton won by a heck of a lot in 1996 and was subsequently impeached.  What does that say?

Who cares what it "says"? Why can't you post something intelligent instead of stupid remarks like this?
I knew the peanut minded gallery would join in at some point in time.

The Nixon reference is to what a "mandate" really looks like, the same as the mentioning of Reagan and Clinton.

Don't let those 40 votes go to your head now.

Anyway, children.....Kerry has conceded and Bush has declared victory...Lets not slide back into the muck with all the snippy comments, lets move forward...or not!!.... :D :D

gr8full2day said:
Anyway, children.....Kerry has conceded and Bush has declared victory...Lets not slide back into the muck with all the snippy comments, lets move forward...or not!!.... :D :D
It would be easier to move forward if we hadn't been moving backward the last four years. ;)

I'll say this, and I never thought I would have to, but America just elected a guy... for the second time.... that can't pronounce the word nuclear.
OMG
NA

(and I'm a republican in case you're wondering)

AVB said:
PuroBrat said:
I don't think there really was a good choice no matter who you voted for. We gotta get better canidates on both sides, and soon.
First time I've actually agreed with you AVB. Gotta have a cigar now.

NA

Not sure what the Oklahoma senate race comment was about, Coburn beat Carson by 12 points and held on to the seat vacated by Don Nickles.

In Illinois Barak Obama stomped on Alan Keyes by 43 points and that was less than expected. This was also a seat gained by the democrats, since it was replacing retired senator Peter Fitzgerald. (Obama will be a terrific presedential candidate in the future if he can keep his feet on the ground in Washington.)

Matt R said:
gr8full2day said:
It would be easier to move forward if we hadn't been moving backward the last four years. ;)
51 percent or better of the electorate disagree with that assesment, thank GOD. :D