• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje cigars and what is coming

Glad someone asked as I can't figure the "futures thing" for the life of me.

Lets see if I can get this right from the interviews that I heard.

Pete will be selling "Master Cases" of 500 cigars. These master cases can contain any variety of boxes from 5 count to 100 count and will be individually numbered. The combination of box counts can be custom ordered.

Each box will be sold on a futures price of approx 25% less than the MSRP. When the line becomes 'retail', the cigars will be sold at full MSRP.

The idea comes from the French wine industry where bottles can be bought back by retailers and sold at a higher price because of good reviews or better vintage.

I would hope that Pete would come in and comment and correct any errors that I've made, but this is my layman's understanding of how the process works.

Here's Pete:

http://silocigars.blogspot.com/2009/04/tatuaje-event-news-and-interview-with.html

Thanks to Andrew for the link and Kevin for the great store.

Thanks for the links and longer description. I watched the entire segment from Kevin - still isn't clear how the average person buys the futures - perhaps more will come after "the show" this week in New Orleans. My money and I are eager to separate!

John

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhX0Sc2b4Dw&feature=autoshare_twitter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od5bjQjpJUI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7qDZ1uijz9c&feature=channel_page

I also want to know if the Red Tubos are Havana VI line like i think or just a black with a red tube?

Yes, my understanding (and I am not all things Tat) is that these are VI's in tubes.

The red tubes are the Verocru torpedo

Info on Dracs:

From Pete's Mouth to our ears"

Drac's

The wrapper is Habano Oscuro or Maduro........Similar wrapper color to the Cojonu 2009. The 13 stores picked will get a larger allocation but every store in the top 130 or so will get at least a few boxes.

The messed up part is I am putting the spooky tickets inside the bundles. So, I am guessing there will not be any sealed boxes out there unless the tickets are found early.

Not this year....total of 1300 boxes......Plus the 650 boxes of the Frank out of costume.......name was going to be Boris but I need to clear it with a friend who has the name already maybe just B.K.

I´m giving away one Ducati Monster 696 with the Spooky Tickets. Yes, Golden Tickets like Willy Wonka.......1 winner 13 tickets.................hidden somewhere in the 1950 boxes....1300 Dracs and 650 B.K.

Frank out of costume.....Boris Karloff. No box press and about a half inch shorter......and a possibly a different wrapper. Maybe I´ll keep the same wrapper....Don´t know!

Nice!!

Can't wait to pay $300 for a box of Dracs and then possibly kill myself on that Ducati :thumbs:

I just need to go on a buying freeze until all this new stuff comes out.

Info on Dracs:

From Pete's Mouth to our ears"

Drac's

The wrapper is Habano Oscuro or Maduro........Similar wrapper color to the Cojonu 2009. The 13 stores picked will get a larger allocation but every store in the top 130 or so will get at least a few boxes.

The messed up part is I am putting the spooky tickets inside the bundles. So, I am guessing there will not be any sealed boxes out there unless the tickets are found early.

Not this year....total of 1300 boxes......Plus the 650 boxes of the Frank out of costume.......name was going to be Boris but I need to clear it with a friend who has the name already maybe just B.K.

I´m giving away one Ducati Monster 696 with the Spooky Tickets. Yes, Golden Tickets like Willy Wonka.......1 winner 13 tickets.................hidden somewhere in the 1950 boxes....1300 Dracs and 650 B.K.

Frank out of costume.....Boris Karloff. No box press and about a half inch shorter......and a possibly a different wrapper. Maybe I´ll keep the same wrapper....Don´t know!

very interesting...

Thank God that Bo has a Tatuaje account....

My wallet shrieks in fear whenever I open this thread, wonder why? :laugh:

Looking forward to the new releases!

My wallet is going to hate me though!

So there are 13 tickets out of all the boxes and one wins a monster or each one wins a monster?

Wow.... really?

Give me a friggin' break Pete Johnson. You're seriously treating your customers like the juvenile characters out of a fictional tale made in the 1960's by a Norwegian author?? I'm officially punching out of Tatuaje cigars... :rolleyes: Nothing like being treated like a giddy 12 year old in a hobby for men.

PS- Based on the above evidence provided by Tom, Tom should received 60% of all Drake sales from Tatuaje due to his marketing genius. Seriously. :angry:

ETA: I'm glad I used my 3,000 post to slam Johnson. :thumbs:

The good thing about being a newbie is I don't have the foggiest idea what is happening here; so Souldog or Q-Cop won't arrest me for buying a box of these and missing my mortgage payment. :D

Nice call Tom! :laugh:

Personally, I could care less about golden tickets or whatnot. Give me some delicious Tat's! :D

I knew i was not going crazy thinking that i saw that idea before! just could not remember the discussion to preform a search! Thinking you should get at least one free box for the idea!

Wow.... really?