• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tatuaje Drac and Boris

Meh, high demand and low supply means people that want it aren't going to get it.

There are going to be regulars, walk-ins and internet buyers that won't get this cigar. No sense worrying about it. I never got a frank.

I would like to take this time to offer, to any retailers reading this thread, the chance to sell me a box of the Drac. Thanks for reading!

I have to call around...no local B&M selected in AL. I talked with some nice people, most not so nice...terrible actually. I can see both sides of it, however being on the wrong end feels like crap at the moment....

Anyone have ability to get a box and does not want it, keep me in mind. I have NO avenue to even try some of the Tat rare stuff either. Just a little bummed about the availability. Good luck to everyone!

I have to call around...no local B&M selected in AL. I talked with some nice people, most not so nice...terrible actually. I can see both sides of it, however being on the wrong end feels like crap at the moment....

Anyone have ability to get a box and does not want it, keep me in mind. I have NO avenue to even try some of the Tat rare stuff either. Just a little bummed about the availability. Good luck to everyone!

Not to be rude or to make you feel bad. Having just joined and only 2 posts your chances of anyone to let loose of a box of these are very slim to none. It is generally bad form to be that new and request HTF cigars. Enjoy your time here at CP and get to know some people it really is a great place. :thumbs:

Mr Balls you had a well timed day off !!
My wife had a hysterectomy Monday that didn't go quite as planned. Instead of taking 2 hours it took 6! They had to cut through 3 c-sections worth of scar tissue and her uterus was so large that it had grown into areas it shouldn't have been. In the process they managed to put two holes in her bladder. She will probably get out of the hospital today but she will have to wear a piss bag for two weeks! I've been on kid duty for the last three days.

My wife had a hysterectomy Monday that didn't go quite as planned. Instead of taking 2 hours it took 6! They had to cut through 3 c-sections worth of scar tissue and her uterus was so large that it had grown into areas it shouldn't have been. In the process they managed to put two holes in her bladder. She will probably get out of the hospital today but she will have to wear a piss bag for two weeks! I've been on kid duty for the last three days.

Sorry to hear that Brad. Will keep her in my prayers for a quick recovery.

Hot damn Brad. I was going to offer you the honor of selling me a box of Dracs, but I think given the situation I'll just keep my thoughts with your wife, and wish her a speedy recovery!

Sorry guys, I don't like airing my personal business. She's home and doing great. Thanks for all the well wishes. Back to these cigars. I hope everyone gets a box. I have no idea what the Outlaw is going to do with the 31 boxes we have been allotted(I assume that we will sell them).

I think, with all this craziness, that that won't be a problem. Hope your wife is well soon.

Damn Brad just got a chance to get back on and see your response. I am glad to hear your better half is home and recovering. For now I will wish you some Worry-free time off soon with nothing to do but enjoy some drink and a cigar or two.

Joe G

So Pete posted this on another board:

"After a small amount of negative feedback and customers asking for more boxes that I don't have, I had some thoughts and ideas about the Monster program. I would love feedback on what I think might be the only fair way.

Next year all the Coffin Shaped numbered special boxes of 13 will be reduced back to 666 boxes and distributed by Gloucester Street since they are the birthplace of the series. They will set a box limit per customer, first come first serve, phone orders, walk ins, etc. These will go on sale on October 13th.

I will make an additonal 31000 cigars packed in plain boxes of 10 that will sell to all and any regular loyal current Tatuaje stores. They can order whatever they want for their customers and the product will be delivered after November 1st to the retailers. The cigars will be the exact same shape, flavor and price but with a generic Tatuaje Band and maybe a secondary band saying the initials of the actor who played the current years Monster. This would be considered the Monster out of Costume.

This is the only way I think might work to give everyone a chance to buy and smoke the cigars but the collectors can choose to buy them early for the funky numbered box.

Love any comments on this.

Pete"

Personally I think he does this big release once a year with a fun monster series and I think it is great all in fun.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the current system, but I like the "monsters out of costume" idea since it'd give smokers (not collectors) more of a chance to enjoy these (if they're even any good). Of course it'll piss of the collectors, though, since it just turns the cigar into a more-regular production cigar slapped in a fancy box.

-John

I think he overreached a little with this one, and should go back to it being only 13 retailers again. The biggest issue that I saw wasn't distribution, but the lack of information given to the retailers. Let the retailers who are getting the product know ahead of time, and then announce to the public. That way there aren't 100s of retailers to call, and everybody is prepared for the onslaught.

Ah!
Finally! I HAVE SECURED MY BOX!!!!
I might GET ONE EXTRA on the day of release...
I will come up with a contest some time to see who will get it... OR maybe you guys can tell me why I should send it to you... ;)

Not sure what's worse... having to sit through the marketing hype or the people that'll be expecting everyone to scramble to their knees because they've got one of these to sell/give away...

Its hard to say if giving them all to Gloucester would help that much. Can you imagine the shit storm they would have to deal with?

666 boxes to be distributed from one store, that's handing them a $56k+ check (more like $65k depending on how the taxes are assessed). I think having it divided between shops is better.

Even better than that, someone suggested distributing the coffins through the CRA. It would spread awareness of that organization. People could be limited to one box a piece and every shop would still be able to make money off of it. :thumbs: