• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The 55 Chevy Project - Low and Blown!

Maybe I missed it but who's car is this? It has been 3+ years now so obviously there are budget realities so how much more do you have to go?

Looking good so far. Is the cage still going to be red and how much meat do you have in the back?

The car belongs to me and my brother.

Well into 3+ closer to 5 years.

Budget was worked as we went along.
This final push has been breaking...but worth it.

The car is at the interior shop...about 6 weeks worth of work...then back to the painter for final items(bumper mainly).
Then the car comes home for final tuning (basically a checkup from when it was set originally - with all the dash stuff getting touched, we want to make sure it's right!)
So...we are hoping 2-3 months!

The cage is now two-tone matching the car. (NOT the red that it was!)
The white gauges had white and blue backlights...those are now changed to red ones...the glow should be WICKED!

The rear has a small tub with 305 20's.

Profile Linky!

Gary in the latest picture posted there is a two door baby blue/sky blue with what looks like a white top reflecting off the fender

Damn, that looks nice. You going to continue with the Dynamat on the doors too?

Damn nice car. I hope you are ready for some blasphemy!

Personally, I would overdrive the blower and hope for the best. That is why I am economically better off as a "driver" than "car owner"

On our last project (Comp Eliminator car), we had three separate garage sales on the track before the car had 5 full passes. We signed and gave away most of the leftovers to fans but I saved some pistons for ashtrays. $20,000 ashtrays that is.

I hope he puts the car on Youtube because I would really like to hear it. I love to look at cars but to hear them run puts the hair up on the back of my neck!

At 500 HP, she's barely breathing. It could put out almost 2x that! Bet she'll run cool and take lots of cruising miles.

Well, we are getting closer to the never ending story:

Paint is done...interior is done...now to put on the bumpers, polish it up and tune it up....soon enough!

I've pictures all over...I really need to combine/shrink and post them somewhere...but here's a few more for now.

LINKY

Beautiful. Now, I'm in love with your avatar AND your car.

Looks sweet Gary!  Where is the built in humi?

The new Rolls Royce Phantom has a 5 count in the glovebox.