• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The everlasting gobstopper pass

the only reason i put in a millennium is because i took out the last time this thing came around for something of lesser value and took a little grief for it. im just making right.

marcsheldon said:
hey barney, whats up with all these cigars showing up at my door all the time? you never said anything about cigars, did you? i never would have signed up if i knew there were going to be cigars involved. i hate cigars. why didnt you tell us that this was a cigar pass. i feel used, offended and lied to. your such a bastard.......

jeez people....this pass is not that hard to understand. first the "one stick per day late" controversy, now barney shouldnt be the first benificiary stuff? both of these items were very clearly spelled out on the VERY FIRST POST! im not saying we have to like these rules.....oh wait, i forgot. yes we do...we all signed up for it.

cat, you know i got nothing but love for ya, but i got to defend barney on this one.
[snapback]153849[/snapback]​

thanks marc...i was hoping that someone took the time to read the original post :)
whats most important is that the current pass participants understand whats going on...as far as the others who choose to post criticism, there isnt much that can be done about that. this is something that has been indemic of CP as a whole, and not just this pass. my choice is to ignore it, unless its an issue that has to do with THIS pass, and comes from someone that is currently involved in the gob.

The rest of it is just peoples opinions, which give the self moderated nature of the beast, they are free to share.

The gob will continue on this much i know! unfortunately we have lost a great participant in dixie, but in the next couple of days i will post who will be replacing him...ideally it will be someone in same geographical proximity, but its more likely that the new person will be east coast and put on the end...

barney

cigarsarge said:
Gonna add my two cents worth here. First let me state I have no problem with anyone here. Everyone has their opinions and I respect each one. What happened with CC on the wine and the pass was unfortunate. I don't know what motivated Barney or CC in those incidents. I was in the Gobbstopper Pass in the first round. I willingly played by the rules and was happy to do so. I dropped out on the second round because of all the bad blood that seems to be developing out of passes. I don't know if I will participate in passes anymore but that is not the point of this post. I will say I have done business with Barney several times and have been pleased with the results. He did make one mistake once in a transaction when my cigars made a brief stop in sunny Las Vegas. :D That was corrected quickly and ended up with good results. I've never done business with CC but would do so in a heartbeat. His input has helped make this board what it is. I guess what I'm trying to say is lets resolve our differences. I would like to believe any inproperity in the goings on here is unintentional and and can be worked out. Lets get back to being the friendly place this board can be.

Peace out

Ken

[snapback]153977[/snapback]​

ken,

thanks for the input...i feel the same way! i want to address something using your post to quote.

had this been a normal pass, i would have originated it...used normal pass rules, and kept everything on the backend. but this pass was meant to be different...rather than keep all the cigars, i sent it out again with 25 more...the net effect is i got back the 25 i put in plus 7 more, and the gob is funded going forward. i don't know that a reasonable man would look upon this as a scam ;)

i think that this is a much more equitable solution than the first recipient after me (gregor in this case) taking out 32 cigars for simply having been a pass participant once. as it is, greg will probably get somewhere close to that on this go round, hopefully.

my hopes are that despite the negativity, the current participants are all onboard with this and that everyone will have the chance to benefit...i'm going to do everything in my power to see that this happens!!!

barney

marcsheldon said:
the only reason i put in a millennium is because i took out the last time this thing came around for something of lesser value and took a little grief for it. im just making right.
[snapback]154609[/snapback]​

huh?? people giving grief on PTs?!?!?! does that go on here? :laugh:

for the record marc, i had noooooo idea that on your first lick you put in a VSG ER!!! i know cliff was happy :p

i thought your original puts on the first lick were exemplary and that was when i didnt know about the ER...knowing that, you were way to generous the first time and are equally so this time...i agree with cliff and greg, you should grab another goodie!!

barney

Barney,

The problem really is that this pass seems to have been concieved from the ground up as a way to get ahead at the expense of others on the site. There are way too many posts to quote now, and I have quoted a few already, but the evidence all points to a pass with the only goal of benefiting you. Anyone that has been around can see that in a heart beat. If this was a regular pass it would be the same, it would have been you being out only for yourself there as well. The issue is not the design of the pass so much as the intent of the design, the intent of the pass. That intent is what is killin this place.

You Barney are one of the things that is so terribly wrong with our once nice, friendly, brotherly community here. You can claim otherwise all you want, but your actions speak volumes. Your posts speak volumes. It is your fault Barney, not the fault of those that call you on your crap, that has damaged us here.

servebig said:
hey folks just a reminder here...i put 25 great cigars in there and it looks as if when this thing makes it back around and goes out again i will get..ummmmmmmm about 25 cigars.  so for those of you that appreciate my initial efforts, remember this ok?  :D  ;)

barney
[snapback]130431[/snapback]​
I was hopeing someone could answer a question for me .
Im not very good at math so bare with me.
If there are 19 people in the original line up of the gob.
The first 2 people put in a total of 4 extra sticks for an average of
2 extra sticks per person .
With 19 people in the pass, before anyone droped out,
with an average of 2 EXTRA stick per
person wouldnt that make 25 cigars pluss 38 extra cigars .
That would give him back 25 cigars to send back out ,his original 25 puts pluss a gain of 13 cigars.
The above post was place after the first 2 licks of the gob.
I dont get it.

Randy

[snapback]130431[/snapback]​
[/quote]
I was hopeing someone could answer a question for me .
Im not very good at math so bare with me.
If there are 19 people in the original line up of the gob.
The first 2 people put in a total of 4 extra sticks for an average of
2 extra sticks per person .
With 19 people in the pass, before anyone droped out,
with an average of 2 EXTRA stick per
person wouldnt that make 25 cigars pluss 38 extra cigars .
That would give him back 25 cigars to send back out ,his original 25 puts pluss a gain of 13 cigars.
The above post was place after the first 2 licks of the gob.
I dont get it.

Randy
[snapback]154728[/snapback]​
[/quote]

randy...the total number of additional cigars put in was 32...there were passers that didnt put any additional in ...so i took out 32 cigars. your math is right except the gain was 7, not 13.

barney

alright...heres the dc# 0301 0120 0008 4609 0571

should arrive fri or sat. enjoy!!

marcsheldon said:
alright...heres the dc# 0301 0120 0008 4609 0571

should arrive fri or sat. enjoy!!
[snapback]155075[/snapback]​

hey marc...you sure you got the right number? nothing comes back on a USPS search :0

servebig said:
marcsheldon said:
alright...heres the dc#  0301 0120 0008 4609 0571

should arrive fri or sat.  enjoy!!
[snapback]155075[/snapback]​

hey marc...you sure you got the right number? nothing comes back on a USPS search :0
[snapback]155727[/snapback]​

It won't until it's delivered. The USPS Delivery Confirmation is just that a "Delivery Confirmation" it's not a "tracking" like UPS or FedEx

You entered 0301 0120 0008 4609 0571

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.

servebig said:

There is no record of that item. If it was mailed recently, information may not yet be available. Please try again later.
[snapback]156139[/snapback]​

??? ??? ???
What's this post mean?

kingpin said:
I think it means that the DC# is wrong.
[snapback]156429[/snapback]​

Not necessarily. If marcsheldon hasn't brought it to the post office yet, you'd get that message.

You'd also get that message if marcsheldon DID bring it to the post office and they never scanned it in (which they are NOT required to do).

Therefore, I still cannot understand what Barney is getting at?

BTW why send this pass to texasaggie? He's been AWOL from here since November 18th (something about starting a new job ??? ).

Once again, this pass is a train wreck waiting to happen...............

I am going to be resigning from CP...the pass can go on if you guys want, but someone else will need to update it. or you can just send it back to me..i'll leave it up to those that are in the pass to decide on how they want to handle it wink.gif

barney

:( :( :(
What ever became of this? I thought my dreams had come true..........

servebig said:

[snapback]156139[/snapback]​

Where or where is Barney's pass?

falldownlaugh-vi.gif

Yea, I'm really starting to get worried here. Still no record of it being delivered after all this time???