• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Great Smoked Salmon Faceoff!

Swissy said:
Gents, when shall we aim for??

David, when can you assemble your 'tasting team'? this coming weekend, the 17th or 18th?

Erick, what works for you- how long will you want to brine, smoke and deliver your fish?

Me, I can sent tomorrow wih some frozen stuff already smoked or have fresh smoked ready for next weeken - either is worthy of winning :cool:
[snapback]287536[/snapback]​

LOL....ah, the shit talking has started!

Next weekend will work fine for me.

E

Hillbilly Steaks said:
Swissy said:
Gents, when shall we aim for??

David, when can you assemble your 'tasting team'? this coming weekend, the 17th or 18th? 

Erick, what works for you- how long will you want to brine, smoke and deliver your fish?

Me, I can sent tomorrow wih some frozen stuff already smoked or have fresh smoked ready for next weeken - either is worthy of winning  :cool:
[snapback]287536[/snapback]​

LOL....ah, the shit talking has started!

Next weekend will work fine for me.

E
[snapback]287539[/snapback]​

HBS .. don't listen to his sh*t!! The whole world knows about southerners' ability to smoke, barbeque, or fry anything that walks, crawls, or swims!! Give 'em hell, buddy.

Cool... Saturday work best maybe? I just agreed to another 48 hour work shift- then found out the 2nd half was Valetines Day... Whoops! Guess who's in the doghouse?!?! :laugh:

But if we do it Saturday, I can most definatley have everything ready and shipped to you, regardless of my loooooooong shift.

4 day Alaska Herf is sounding better and better. Should I go to the library and check out some Euell Gibbons' books just in case the fish aren't biting?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

OK Swissy, my salmon is in the mail. I'm really looking forward to the review of our fishes. Besides the fact that its fun, it will give me good feedback on my smoked salmon and what I might be able to do to make it better.

I took some pictures of it, but am waiting to post them. Not sure if that is in good practice or not. Maybe when yours is ready to go, we can post them up together.

Good luck to you swissy, and may the best fishy win! :laugh:

:laugh:
I'm sitting here at work, on the tail of a 48 hour shift. But my fish is out, ready to be 'brined' (sort of...) tomorrow morning then smoked. I plan on sending while it's still warm... :whistling: next day mail is spendy, but at certain times worth it.

If you want, feel free to post your pics. Or, once the judging has started, we can start another thread (or continue in this one) with the pics and let people see. What you post and I see in your pics will have no bearing on what I do with my fish!

good luck, and it'll be interesting! to be honest, I expect you to kick some arse! I only smoke fish once a year, nothing professional, and nothing else. In looking at your website, I'll be disappointed if I win! (in a manor of speaking! :D ) that's an awesome looking setup you go there... and the expirence, plus trial and errors you've probably done... I think the judges are in for a treat!

Good luck... and may the best fishy win

Swissy said:
:laugh:
. What you post and I see in your pics will have no bearing on what I do with my fish!

[snapback]288559[/snapback]​

with that being said....

Salmon001_27757.jpg

what... you drop your salmon on the floor? what's with all the sprinkles... gotta jazz up your fish or sumthin'?

:laugh: :laugh:

Looks tasty... I was right- judges are in for a treat

Swissy said:
what... you drop your salmon on the floor? what's with all the sprinkles... gotta jazz up your fish or sumthin'?

:laugh: :laugh:

Looks tasty... I was right- judges are in for a treat
[snapback]288565[/snapback]​

LMAO...smart ass!

A little Fresh Ground Black Pepper. I actually did a lot research on "the correct way" to do this...but in the end, I said screw it and just did it my way.

I just had lunch, and I'm hungry, again!! That fish looks tasty!! Might be worth hopping a plane to CA to get in on the judging.

MOOCH! :whistling:

You guys should send some to the Quad-State Herf! :thumbs:

MOOCH! :whistling:

Looks very good.

DG

HBS,
Just realized that you follow me in the current "Friends Pass". If it was the other way around, I might attempt a world class MOOCH!!

Damn, Eric, if that fish is as good as 1) it looks 2) your Turkey jerky, these judges are going to be blown away (and swissy has some WORK to do.)

I'm outta town this weekend. Someone please pm me the winner, or at least keep shit talking through the beginning of the week so I am sure to see it and send my portion of the winner's spoils out!

David what time do you want me at this taste testing?

tone-ny said:
David what time do you want me at this taste testing?
[snapback]288588[/snapback]​

LOL!!! Anytime Saturday evening will be fine.

We had a wine event come up Friday evening and I thought about asking those folks if they were interested in helping with the judging. They're a bunch of foodies and oenophiles, even a few cigars smokers in the bunch, but I think I'm going to give this Faceoff the proper attention it deserves. Saturday night is looking like the official event day with a lot of wine, cigars and smoked salmon. I'll make up some official score cards and take pictures of the event for everyone to see.

:cool: