• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Hot Potato Bomb

I've selected a target, he's close and a newbie, but i think he'll enjoy it!

HA HA HA HA HA !

Im game...I like hot potatos...they can be quite fun!

Another good idea, which might be to late but can be added. Is to add some sort of map to show the path of where the tator has been. Kind of cool to look at with one thats been circulating for awhile.

CW has one thats been going on for a couple years. They still have an element of suprise, but you need to be carefull that the person you send it to is somewhat aware of the game...that gives it more potential to keep going.

Im sure if there are instructions included in the box, people will get it though.

So how many do we have going around?

Ya'll better be making sure the recipients are gonna be home... It's coming on summer and I can see this thing sitting in someones mailbox in a hundred degrees for two weeks.

NA

SamClemmons said:
Ya'll better be making sure the recipients are gonna be home... It's coming on summer and I can see this thing sitting in someones mailbox in a hundred degrees for two weeks.

NA
[snapback]179747[/snapback]​

Excellent point there! That kinda throws a monkey wrench in the surprise element ???

Unless any guys interested want to just post in the Potato thread any vacation plans. Just a thought :whistling:

SamClemmons said:

NA
[snapback]179747[/snapback]​

Sammy is just worried that while he's on vacation wooooing the Senoritas w/ his pinkie in the air whilst smoking, that he'll get bombed.

This is the official rules posted on CW

...What is the Hot Potato? A cigar bomb. The idea is that an the person who received the Hot Potato can choose the recipient of the next bomb. The new recipient can take some, all, or none of the cigars involved. They also have the option of putting cigars back into the bomb. If there are any cigars remaining, they then send it on to the next recipient, a person of their choice.

There are no requirements in terms of taking or putting cigars. You are not at all required to put cigars in, and you can take as many or as few as you want. You do not need to list any takes or puts here (since there may not be any puts) but if you want to, feel free.

Once again, this is NOT A boxpass. You do not need to put cigars in. Heck, you do not even need to continue it - feel free to keep all the cigars in it if you like.

Don't like someone? Send them the Hot Potato.
Like someone? Send them the Hot Potato.
Want to get back at someone? Send them the Hot Potato.
Want to get a newbie? Send them the Hot Potato.

I fully suspect that at some point, the Hot Potato will end, and someone will keep all the remaining cigars. But until then, the point is to see who gets bombed, who they give it to, etc. Anyone is fair game to receive the Hot Potato.

END QUOTE

Im thinking in order to maintain the element of suprise, yet not compromise some good smokes going unattended in the mailbox...we keep the spud circulating to those that post in this thread.

So we somehow need to let every member on this board know to post a simple "Im in" in this thread. That way those who will be gone for weeks on end wont be involved.

Sound plausable?

Or, we just deal with it like the one from CW. You have to go into a hot spud not expecting it to route any further then whom you send it to.

I don't know, there has to be some way for it to work.

edit- you know, if people post when they were hit...we can keep track of of where it is. If we have multiple spuds going around, no one will really know who its from. That we we'll know if its dead or not...maybe.

I'll post a thread right now and call it the Hot Potato I'm In/Out thread.
If you guys are cool with it then we can use it as a referrence.

mhortsch said:

Another good idea, which might be to late but can be added. Is to add some sort of map to show the path of where the tator has been.
[snapback]179692[/snapback]​

Sheesh, everyone knows it's spelled "tater".
:whistling:

The Original Hot potato bomb has struck it target..

hellbent for leather!!!

So are other bombs in play right now?? ???

Hey, here's an idea. Why doesn't everyone who recieves the hot potato bomb sign their (real of forum) name on the back of some cigar bands and stick them in there too. Would be kind fun seeing where the bomb has been, and also to grab up some bands of expensive cigars signed by members of cigarpass.com

Gar bands shouldn't add any weight to the package.

KayakinBoy said:
So are other bombs in play right now?? ???
[snapback]179878[/snapback]​

Yes as a matter of fact I hit someone yesterday

stevehawk said:
mhortsch said:

Another good idea, which might be to late but can be added. Is to add some sort of map to show the path of where the tator has been.
[snapback]179692[/snapback]​

Sheesh, everyone knows it's spelled "tater".
:whistling:
[snapback]179789[/snapback]​

"What's Taters, Precious?"

Do we have a running tally of how many spuds are out there, and if any spuds were duds?

Looks like two of the hot potato bombs have fallen off the screen... Seems they have hit their final desination... :(

ggiese said:
Looks like two of the hot potato bombs have fallen off the screen... Seems they have hit their final desination... :(
[snapback]181086[/snapback]​

Were both of those taters obviosly labled as such? With all the "Newbie War" bombing going on, we should just be sure someone didn't get one, and not realize it was the Hot Potato. I'd hate to be the one with a tater, and not know it!