• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Musical Cheese Pass

Ok I just got back home and took inventory. Everything is great. The humidity is at 66 and the temp is at 68.
So many sticks so little time.

As I am in a hurry and dealing with a unexpected Family emergency here is a quick P&T list. I hope this is ok as I have not had tons of time to go through the humi to find perfect matches. I might have one more to add in the morning if thats alright with you Jeff.

Take ------------------------------------------Put
DC Anni Toro--------------------------------- Padron 80th Maddy
AF BTL -------------------------------------- Tat Black
Taboada Dom Perignon ---------------------ED 109 First Release
Island Prince Luana Iki Light--------------- Padron 1926 #35
AF Anejo #77 --------------------------------LFD Limitado III
Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Torpedo ---- DMC 90th

Josh

All look good to me except this one. The LFD can be had anywhere from $5.75 to $9 so you're iffy on the $ value, but you're way off on the rarity factor....you can't just put in a common cigar that maybe has a slightly higher dollar value for a limited release cigar. I don't know enough about the Island Prince Luana Iki Light to comment on it. Maybe Charlie can chime in on that one.

Josh

All look good to me except this one. The LFD can be had anywhere from $5.75 to $9 so you're iffy on the $ value, but you're way off on the rarity factor....you can't just put in a common cigar that maybe has a slightly higher dollar value for a limited release cigar. I don't know enough about the Island Prince Luana Iki Light to comment on it. Maybe Charlie can chime in on that one.

Josh
I agree with Brian on this one, also one that popped out to me was the Tat black for the BTL.
But what do I know?

Brian

Josh

Well crap I was under that impression that the LFD is not a common cigar just a current release that has yet to sell out. They are in fact a Limited Edition of 2000 boxes. Where as the Sharks are a seasonal release with an undisclosed amount being released every year. The $ value I was unsure on as the MSRP on the Limitado is $9.50 a stick where the Shark has a MSRP at $9.25.

I will switch this out if Jeff agrees that this is an unfair trade.

edited for spelling

I will switch this out if Jeff agrees that this is an unfair trade.

Josh, I rely heavily on consensus for my final approval & I will have to research these as there will be varying opinion and yes, even facts. I would like to hear from as many BOTLs as possible as well. :D I love a debate.
I will however have to hunt you down and take the Taboda from your cold dead hand! :0 :) ;)

As to not have any issues here is the updated P/T's
Sorry if they are a little off. Trying to do this from the hospital with crappy internet at best and my cigars not in front of me.

DC Anni Toro--------------------------------- Padron 80th Maddy
AF BTL -------------------------------------- Avo 80th
Taboada Dom Perignon ---------------------ED 109 First Release
Island Prince Luana Iki Light--------------- Padron 1926 #35 if this does not work a PAM Excluviso
AF Anejo #77 --------------------------------Tat Black
Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Torpedo ---- DMC 90th
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio-------------------Graycliff Crystal Pirate (i'm not sure on this one)

Hopefully these will fly.

Josh

Edited for additional p/t

Damn it I was hoping that Tabado would make it to me!!! Josh you are a dirty dog :).

Jim

Interesting peez and teez, Josh! I'm not quite sure about the Padilla Oscuro for DCM 90th. The Padilla Oscuro goes for ≈$30. Isn't the DCM 90th more like $24?

They run about 25 a stick. Can be found for 20 if you look hard enough. The humi itself sells for 1000-1500 depending on where you look to buy it. The DCM 90ths are 20-25 a sick if you can find them anywhere. Thats how I came up with this one. I was only about 75% sure on this one.

Like I told Jeff. I am a little distracted with a family issue so please if something does not look right let me know. I am not 100% here atm.

Sorry if they are a little off. Trying to do this from the hospital with crappy internet at best and my cigars not in front of me.

DC Anni Toro--------------------------------- Padron 80th Maddy looks good
AF BTL -------------------------------------- Avo 80th looks good
Taboada Dom Perignon ---------------------ED 109 First Release looks good, heavy on the put
Island Prince Luana Iki Light--------------- Padron 1926 #35 if this does not work a PAM Excluviso I defer to Charlie on this one. If we go by the $10 MSRP and the precedent set by Norc's P/Ts, then this should be allowable. The Exclusivo is about the same MSRP so either would be fine.
AF Anejo #77 --------------------------------Tat Black I think I'd be inclined to allow this as right at this moment in time the Tat Black is new, hot, and relatively uncommon. But I do think the Tat Black is still too new yet to gauge what it's true value will be in the long run. Once we see how it settles in as a HTF or non-HTF, then I think we'll know better what increment over the MSRP, if any, it might command.
Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Torpedo ---- DMC 90th looks good
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio-------------------Graycliff Crystal Pirate (i'm not sure on this one) I seem to recall the EdS were pretty darn pricey. Starting at $20 and going up considerably to the Salomone which was $40 I think. The Crystal are in the $20 range. I'd say unless the EdS is a big one, it should be ok. If it were my pass, I'd allow it even if it were the Salomone because the opinions on this limited release is so variable. I wouldn't consider it uniformly good and thus mentally, I'd apply a negative increment to value. This is my personal opinion and I don't expect it to necessarily reflect the standard assessment.

So, overall I'd give these a thumbs up.

Josh

DC Anni Toro--------------------------------- Padron 80th Maddy looks good
AF BTL -------------------------------------- Avo 80th looks good
Taboada Dom Perignon ---------------------ED 109 First Release looks good, heavy on the put
Island Prince Luana Iki Light--------------- Padron 1926 #35 if this does not work a PAM Excluviso I defer to Charlie on this one. If we go by the $10 MSRP and the precedent set by Norc's P/Ts, then this should be allowable. The Exclusivo is about the same MSRP so either would be fine.
AF Anejo #77 --------------------------------Tat Black I think I'd be inclined to allow this as right at this moment in time the Tat Black is new, hot, and relatively uncommon. But I do think the Tat Black is still too new yet to gauge what it's true value will be in the long run. Once we see how it settles in as a HTF or non-HTF, then I think we'll know better what increment over the MSRP, if any, it might command.
Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Torpedo ---- DMC 90th looks good
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio-------------------Graycliff Crystal Pirate (i'm not sure on this one) I seem to recall the EdS were pretty darn pricey. Starting at $20 and going up considerably to the Salomone which was $40 I think. The Crystal are in the $20 range. I'd say unless the EdS is a big one, it should be ok. If it were my pass, I'd allow it even if it were the Salomone because the opinions on this limited release is so variable. I wouldn't consider it uniformly good and thus mentally, I'd apply a negative increment to value. This is my personal opinion and I don't expect it to necessarily reflect the standard assessment.

Josh

x2 ....... :laugh:

They look good to me.

:cool:

I think they all look pretty good. I've seen the Island Prince for $12.00 a stick but I think that was the Mamona and may have been due to Cali taxes.

I just don't know a damn thing about the cigars on this one, so I don't have anything useful to add, other than that Anchor Porter is a damn tasty beer. :whistling:

Here is my input so far (still researching)
Take -----------------------------------Put
DC Anni Toro----------------------------Padron 80th Maddy >>>DC on Vitolas.net=~$40
AF BTL ---------------------------------Avo 80th >>>I think the last 80th is gone so this is Good
Taboada Dom Perignon ------------------ED 109 First Release >>>YOU SUCK! J/K kinda seems heavy but....
Island Prince Luana Iki Light--------------Padron 1926 #35 >>>I think I already broke the egg on using MSRP so
GOOD as long as we don't already have one on the list
AF Anejo #77 ---------------------------Tat Black >>>Blacks run $11-14 &Everybody wants 'em GOOD
Padilla 1932 Limitado Oscuro Torpedo ---- DMC 90th >>>Gotta research but I think we have one on the list
Perdomo Edicion de Silvio-----------------Graycliff Crystal Pirate (i'm not sure on this one) >>>>Gotta research more

I like to see the input, Thank you. Josh, relax and focus on your Family! We've all been there. The pass can just take a back seat (as long as it's stored safely). I'll update as I get info.

If I am not mistaken the DC Anni Toro can be had for around 30-32 even here in cali. I Bought 2 that I gifted from Azucar for that much as well as have seen them on many webpages for that price. If the other puts don't work I'll rework them.

Sorry for the delay on all this.

Josh

Josh,

You're doing everything you need to be doing. There's no problem with me. I'm glad to hear that things may be straightening out for you behind the scenes. :thumbs:

Wilkey

Seriously? You think a ED 109 > Tabadoa DP in terms of price?

I concur!

The overall spirit of things is there... some are heavy on the puts, some are heavy on the takes... overall, seems fair!

Josh - You are good to go = all approved! Overall nice P&Ts. Your research was good and backed you up.
Did you post a Cheese Choice?
Than you to all those that gave their input. :)
I am honored by your participation and amazed at your patience and ability ot do all this during trying times.
Number and post. Do the maintenance and other stuff to get it on the way.

Incomming Step!!!! :0