• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The world's best bourbon

FlyFish

Lets say a person had up to a hundred bucks to by a bottle of bourbon. What would you tell that fellow to buy? I always end up with Evan Willimas ten year which although only about 14 bucks a bottle is absolutly perfect to me.

I am by far no expert, but I enjoy Bookers more than any other I have tasted. I have found it for arount 45-50 bucks around Tampa.

For the non-special release bourbons, Van Winkle 15yr is pretty good and the Old Rip Van Winkle 10yr is a hidden gem.

Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage is generally outstanding, and is worth much more than the meager $25 entry fee. I prefer this bourbon to many of the pricier offerings, and if you're an EW fan anyway you'll likely love it.

Evan Williams Single Barrel Vintage is generally outstanding, and is worth much more than the meager $25 entry fee. I prefer this bourbon to many of the pricier offerings, and if you're an EW fan anyway you'll likely love it.

I could not agree more. I love this stuff as well.

Situationally dependent. Since they don't all taste the same other factors enter into what may be best for a particular moment. Four Roses Single Barrel is some damn fine stuff if you know somebody who lives in Kentucky. I did a review of it that you can find by clicking on my signature link.

Situationally dependent. Since they don't all taste the same other factors enter into what may be best for a particular moment. Four Roses Single Barrel is some damn fine stuff if you know somebody who lives in Kentucky. I did a review of it that you can find by clicking on my signature link.

Well here's a shocker....AVB is dead-on. MMMMM that's good boubon. I drink bourbon very infrequently, when I want a change of pace from scotch or brandy. I have had perhaps three small glasses out of the bottle I have, and I LOVE it. Actually planning on serving some tomorrow night.

Wild Turkey is the bourbon of choice around here. I usually drink the "plain old" 101 proof but I do get a bottle of their "Rare Breed" bourbon every few months, for a nice change:

Rare Breed is a "barrel-proof bourbon," meaning it is bottled directly from a variety of barrels at the proof it reaches in those barrels, with no added water to lower the proof or dilute the flavor.

This bourbon is a unique marriage of Wild Turkey 6-, 8- and 12-year-old stocks, which give the whiskey a rich, exceptional flavor that is remarkably smooth, considering its high alcohol content. It is assertive with hints of light oranges, mint, and tones of sweet tobacco that will remind you of your grandfather's pipe-bowl. The finish is long, warm and nutty and lingers in the mouth with hints of hot peppers and well-toasted whole wheat bread.

....the best? Probably not, though It's one I enjoy.... :cool: Well under your $100.00 / bottle limit so you may want to give this one a go.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

I was offering some seriously good stuff which you may get a second chance at if you want to sign up for it. Also under your $100 limit.

Ditto. They are all very different. If you are interested in a 120+ proof then I enjoy Booker's. I would recommend checking some of AVB's reviews to see if there is something that tickles your fancy.

I was offering some seriously good stuff which you may get a second chance at if you want to sign up for it. Also under your $100 limit.

If AVB has any bottles left, I would strongly recommend trying this.

If AVB has any bottles left, I would strongly recommend trying this.

Sorry, I should have checked before I recommended this. It is all gone. :blush:

ed: I posted the recommendation before I checked that the deal was done. Again, I apologize.

Ya gotta try Pappy Van Winkle's Family Reserve 20 yo. This bourbon is simply incredible!!!

If its 100 totally dispensable funds, I would pick up a bottle of Woodford Reserve 4 grain if you can find it. I love Woodford Reserve and the 4 grain was steps above. For a little sweeter, I like Makers Mark.

OK...as a person that has lived in KY all my life, either some of these "bourbon's" you all have mentioned are extremely rare or they aren't bourbon. I don't claim to be a bourbon expert by any means, but a KY boy has to know bourbon and tobacco. It's required by law. :D

I'll have to look some of them up.

Wild Turkey is the bourbon of choice around here. I usually drink the "plain old" 101 proof but I do get a bottle of their "Rare Breed" bourbon every few months, for a nice change:

Rare Breed is a "barrel-proof bourbon," meaning it is bottled directly from a variety of barrels at the proof it reaches in those barrels, with no added water to lower the proof or dilute the flavor.

This bourbon is a unique marriage of Wild Turkey 6-, 8- and 12-year-old stocks, which give the whiskey a rich, exceptional flavor that is remarkably smooth, considering its high alcohol content. It is assertive with hints of light oranges, mint, and tones of sweet tobacco that will remind you of your grandfather's pipe-bowl. The finish is long, warm and nutty and lingers in the mouth with hints of hot peppers and well-toasted whole wheat bread.

....the best? Probably not, though It's one I enjoy.... :cool: Well under your $100.00 / bottle limit so you may want to give this one a go.

Best Regards - B.B.S.

x2!

Good ol' Austin Nichols gets I bum-rap I think, and the 101 is some of my favorite hooch hands down. The Rare Breed is great stuff too, goes splendidly with a PAM

Bookers is pretty damn good, but not an 'everyday' Bourbon by any means... It is choc-full of congeners and always puts the HURT on me.

I picked up a bottle of the EW single barrel for a gift and got to sample it and was pleasantly surprised.