• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The world's best bourbon

William Larue Weller
Eagle Rare 17yr
George T. Stagg
Sazerak 18 (not a bourbon, but still)
American Spirit
Thomas H. Handy Rye (also not a bourbon, but still an amazing whiskey)
Pappy Van 23yr (past the 100 mark but a real treat)
Rittenhoue Rye (also past the 100 mark and also not a Bourbon, but hey I just cannot help but say)
Rock Hill Farms
Hancocks
Knob Creek
Buffalo Trace Experimantal collections (especially Cab Franc)

I love Booker's. Unfortunately it's more than I can afford to keep around. Knob Creek and Bulliet are both good for a more affordable drink.

I have a bottle of Eagle Rare bourbon on hand, but I was thinking about getting something of the local spirits for my father-in-law as a gift.

He's a regular drinker of Laphroaig scotch - in fact, he's rather opinionated about scotch. I'm not looking for a Kentucky version of Laphroaig (which would be heresy and, quite frankly, a little offputting), but something of similar intensity and flavor.

Any suggestions?

Almost any of the BTAC will fir the bill. This years Stagg is exceptionally good as is the Weller.

I have a bottle of Eagle Rare bourbon on hand, but I was thinking about getting something of the local spirits for my father-in-law as a gift.

He's a regular drinker of Laphroaig scotch - in fact, he's rather opinionated about scotch. I'm not looking for a Kentucky version of Laphroaig (which would be heresy and, quite frankly, a little offputting), but something of similar intensity and flavor.

Any suggestions?

Almost any of the BTAC will fir the bill. This years Stagg is exceptionally good as is the Weller.

Any suggestions?

Here Here!

Another vote for the Pappy 20 yr. old. My personal favorite and I have tried many. Also Pappy 23 as well but over $100. Stick with the Pappy 20 and you can not go wrong.

Just starting to get into bourbon's thanks to the CP Saloon. I've already picked up bottles of Eagle Rare 17, Four Roses Marriage and Single Barrel. I've loved them all so far. I have a bottle of Pappy 23 that I'm reluctant to break open until I feel I can appreciate it.

As much as Pappy 20 is my fav bourbon there are tons of great ones out there
To name a few:

Wild Turkey Rare Breed

WTAS

Stagg and Weller. ER has its good years and average years.

WL Weller 12 year (great value and great bourbon $25ish)

Hirsch 16 used to be on the <$100 list as a great bourbon but not anymore. I do have 18 bottles stashed away at home all purchased for an average price of $50 per bottle.

Vintage 17 (one of the easiest drinking bourbons around with nice complexity)

Pappy 15

Parker Heritage 1st edition

Van Winkle Lot B

I don't have much experience yet with high-end bourbon, but so far I would have to give the nod to Eagle Rare 10 followed by the Four Roses Single Barrel. The 4R Small Batch is also very good and I just got a bottle of the Eagle Rare 17 to try.

You wouldn't have said ER 10 if you had tried the ER 17.

I don't have much experience yet with high-end bourbon, but so far I would have to give the nod to Eagle Rare 10 followed by the Four Roses Single Barrel. The 4R Small Batch is also very good and I just got a bottle of the Eagle Rare 17 to try.

Well, I might just have to change my list after tonight then :cool:

Well, I might just have to change my list after tonight then :cool:

The ER 17 was better, but not sure if it is 2x the price better. Amazing color and nose to it though, unlike any other bourbon I have had.

I'll have to add to my list. I used to have ER 17 at the top of my list but lately I have been drinking more Stagg and William Larue Weller from the BTAC. I've really been enjoying the higher proof cask strength style bourbons. Bookers and Bakers are up there too.

Pappy 20 hands down

I will second this along with the Pappy 15 year, both are excellent. If you can find it I recommend George T Stagg although your eyes might be rolling from one drink.

Welcome to CP. We really like our noobs to fill out their profile and do an introduction in the proper forum.

Pappy 20 hands down

I will second this along with the Pappy 15 year, both are excellent. If you can find it I recommend George T Stagg although your eyes might be rolling from one drink.

Favorite bourbon: Knob Creek
Favorite Irish: Powers, with Black Bush being a VERY close 2nd.
Favorite single malt Scotch: Balvenie 21 yr
Favorite blended Scotch: JW Black

1. Rock Hills Farm

2. Eagle Rare 10 yr

3. Woodford Reserve

Im sure Pappy would be up there somewhere if I could find some!!!

World's BEST bourbon? George T. Stagg, hands down.

When I've run through my annual case, though, I quite like Knob Creek, Woodford Reserve, 1792 Ridgemont Reserve, and Four Roses Small Batch.

~Boar