• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The world's best bourbon

I enjoy buffalo trace. I've shared with with friends that are into whiskey, and friends that just like to drink and never had a complaint. Good stuff, reasonably priced.

I'm a huge fan of Eagle Rare 17 year old...so rich and complex compared to any other bourbon I've ever had.

Also on the top of my list are:
Four Roses Single Barrel
Pappy Van Winkle 20 year
Woodford Reserve

If its 100 totally dispensable funds, I would pick up a bottle of Woodford Reserve 4 grain if you can find it. I love Woodford Reserve and the 4 grain was steps above. For a little sweeter, I like Makers Mark.
Bam!!!My Man. My exact thoughts. Curious which do like the "Most" MMark or W Reserve? R U a Makers Mark Ambassador?

Mark AKA Captain Makers Mark

I'll go in this order:

Pappy 20 yr (too good, too expensive, was gone way too quick)
Weller Centennial 10 yr old (tasted blind it kicked ass over a bunch of others, IMO)
Blantons (never bought a bottle, just had a few here and there)
Ridgemont Reserve, Eagle Rare, bunch of others depending on the moment.

I am currently stocked up on WT 101 and Corner Creek - neither my faves, but at the right price decent bourbon tastes a lot better. :)

For $28 it's hard to beat Four Roses Single Barrel. I now have my sites set on looking for Eagle Rare 17.

George T Stagg was rated one of the worlds best bourbon's, I have a couple bottles in mail eager to try. I will definitely report back.

I will just reiterate what I have told a couple people here. While the Four Roses Single Barrel is excelent, don't discount the Four Roses Small Batch. While taste is of coarse subjective as we all know, I participated in a blind taste test, and found that I prefer the Small Batch over the Single Barrel. Take a couple of sips of the Small Batch, and I think you will agree on the best bourbon of all time. :rolleyes:

Edit to corrent spelling errors, as I was 5 glasses of Four Roses Single Barrel in when I wrote this. :sign:

The Evan Williams Single Barrel is pretty tasty & smooth also.1 of my favorites.

Situationally dependent. Since they don't all taste the same other factors enter into what may be best for a particular moment. Four Roses Single Barrel is some damn fine stuff if you know somebody who lives in Kentucky. I did a review of it that you can find by clicking on my signature link.

If the availability is still the same, I'm 30 minutes from the bulk of the bourbon distilleries in KY, and and always happy to pick a bottle up for someone. Glad to help a brother in need of fine bourbon.

I would have to say Maker's Mark. I love the stuff. That's the only bourbon I drink. I actually found a Maker's Mark cigar at my liquor store/cigar shop the other day. I haven't tried it cause I don't like flavored smokes but I thought it was neat.

Basil Hayden's and Black Maple Hill are excellent mild and light bourbons.

If you are looking for a higher proof and stronger bourbon, you can't go wrong with Booker's.

My favorite is George T. Stagg - it is uncut and unfiltered and not for the weak. It is truly a limited production bourbon and the 2007 production was a bit over 144 proof. I drink almost all of my bourbon neat, but I even drop an ice cube in Stagg :laugh:

For $100 or under here is my list of currently available bourbons.

Pappy 20 (one of the top 5 spirits i have ever tasted. I have 13 bottles hoarded because there will be a day it is no longer SW whisky) $80-$100
William Larue Weller 06 - $60
Four Roses 40th or 120th anniv Single Barrel - $60-100
WT American Spirit - $70-$100
Eagle Rare 17 07 (actually 19 years old) $60
Vintage 17 -$45
Black Maple Hill 21 - $100

This is a good one, but >100
AH Hirsch 16 Year Old (i dont think you can find this at anything less than $100 anymore. its great, nowhere close to the 20 year in taste. FWIW, the 20 is near impossible to find. I have 18 bottles of Hirsh 16 gold foil (also have a handful of the wax topped 16s) I bought for an average of $50 a bottle. Guess I shouldve bought more at that price back then)

A good bargain bourbon is WL Weller 12 year. $25 and fantastic.