• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The world's best bourbon

You're gonna have to look hard since only one mentioned here isn't a bourbon and that was the Woodford 4 Grain* and none are extremely rare. Remember that bourbon and rye distilling started in Pennsylvania way before Kentucky got around to it. :cool:

Now if somebody mentioned something like this:

A.H.%20Hirsch%2020.JPG
or
Martin%20Mills%2024.JPG
or
Wild%20Turkey%20Tribute.JPG
or this rye
Willett%2022%20Rye.JPG

That would be extremely rare.

*=corrected in post below. The Woodford is a bourbon.

OK...as a person that has lived in KY all my life, either some of these "bourbon's" you all have mentioned are extremely rare or they aren't bourbon. I don't claim to be a bourbon expert by any means, but a KY boy has to know bourbon and tobacco. It's required by law. :D

I'll have to look some of them up.

Hey AVB, you said that the woodford 4 grain isn't a bourbon? I'm looking at my bottle and it says Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky on it. Can you give me some insight. G1

I have recently been drinking Basil Hayden off a recommendation. I am very impressed for the $30 price tag.

Wild Turkey Ray? The only reason to drink wild turkey is if you hate yourself.

I don't have one myself but I was under the impression that it didn't have the 51% corn required in the mash to be legally called bourbon. I'll have to look more into it.

Hey AVB, you said that the woodford 4 grain isn't a bourbon? I'm looking at my bottle and it says Kentucky Straight Bourbon Whisky on it. Can you give me some insight. G1

I like Wild Turkey and the Tribute is the best they have ever made up to this point. Can't beat a word with the bird!

Wild Turkey Ray? The only reason to drink wild turkey is if you hate yourself.

I will stand corrected, they didn't cut back the corn percentage when they added the wheat, they cut back on the rye so it is a bourbon after all. Learn something new all the time.

The Woodford 4 grain is a serious bourbon. It sort of has this sweet, yeastiness to it (like fresh baked bread, not like, well, you know). I saw the AH Hirsch 20 running for some $140 down in TN, is it worth it AVB?

That was probably the 21 yo Rye. $140 is on the high side, $110 is about as cheap as you'll find.

Now if by some unknown stroke of luck this is the 20 yo bourbon like in my pic in this thread, I'll take everyone they have.

The Woodford 4 grain is a serious bourbon. It sort of has this sweet, yeastiness to it (like fresh baked bread, not like, well, you know). I saw the AH Hirsch 20 running for some $140 down in TN, is it worth it AVB?

That was probably the 21 yo Rye. $140 is on the high side, $110 is about as cheap as you'll find.

Now if by some unknown stroke of luck this is the 20 yo bourbon like in my pic in this thread, I'll take everyone they have.

It was the one in your photograph :) I'm going to send my mom out on an expedition!

I recently grabbed a bottle of Elijah Craig single barrel 18yr, my first burbon purchase.
Gotta say, for $32.00 was a fine drink for my first burbon.

I have never sampled the high-end stuff, as far as the 15-30$ bottles go I like Makers Mark.

Best bourbon I can buy off the shelf here at the class 6... Maker's Mark Red Wax.

My favorite bourbon ATM... Blanton's @ 46.5%vol Bottle 149 from Barrel 205 taken down from Rick 30 on 16 August 1999.

Hi i am a newb here on CP and i hope to make a lot of nice friends. I prefer a good Kentucky Bourbon and my fav is Wild Turkey 101with a nice Excalibur Royal Sterling or Montecristo....Just my most humble opinion

BIG DADDY HERF

Hope I am not to late, I have seen this thread before and wanted to add my 2 sense. IMOP the best Kentucky Bourbon I've had and would highly reccomend would be Woodford Reserve and the next best thing would be Bakers at 126 proof.

This reminds me of ten years ago when I could still drink hard liquor. I used to love to find a dusty bottle of Wild Turkey Rye in a store. This was before it became more popular and was not such a rare occurrence. An extra seven years or so would really serve this drink well. :thumbs:

You want to try this then.

This reminds me of ten years ago when I could still drink hard liquor. I used to love to find a dusty bottle of Wild Turkey Rye in a store. This was before it became more popular and was not such a rare occurrence. An extra seven years or so would really serve this drink well. :thumbs:

Bourbon under $100...there are just so many. My recommendations are (not necessarily in any order):

AH Hirsch 16 Year Old
William Larue Weller (part of the Antique Collection)
George T Stagg (any release)
Pappy Van Winkle 20 Year Old (for that matter, the 15 Year Old as well)
Four Roses Single Barrel or Small Batch
Classic Cask 15 Year Old
Black Maple Hill 14 Year Old

There are many more (Blantons, Bakers, etc.), but these are good for a start.

I'm a big Four Roses and Woodford Reserve fan currently, but I'm sure that'll change here soon just like my taste in cigars. lol.