• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke 2017

These are good. Really good. Opens with a twang reminiscent of recent RyJ's and builds in flavor and body from there. Complex but also a little stronger than expected. Not like some of Skip's other stuff, but there is no mistaking you have had a legit cigar smoker's cigar.

I'll do my best to save my last one for a for-real review. Thanks again to @57Strat for the opportunity. I've got a couple sites bookmarked for when the regular prod (apparently with even better wrappers) hits Germany.

View attachment 15115

How is that thing burning purple at the end there?

H. Upmann Connie #1 - has been my favorite stick of 2015 so much so that I have been handing them out like mad in all my lost bets and am nearly done with the whole box. I bought two more boxes for 2016 but they still need some down time and I'm afraid the box codes just might not be as good as the box I lucked into. If you got one from me, you should try it. Wonderful stick.

Caldwell Long Live the King
Got it from MichaelD in the PIF.
Surprisingly good and I love the size.

View attachment 15136

I gave one to @golfgar last night. I seem to recall in my drunken haze that he said much the same thing. A little hidden gem. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Edit - Lol. Clearly I'm still hungover because I didn't even see Larry's response before I posted.

RA 898...either from '97 or '98. Holding up infinitely better than my remaining '97 Boli lonsdales. Have to baby them a little so they don't heat up too much, but an excellent example of the subtlety and complexity that comes from aging a good smoke.tmp_513-20170127_072004352084578.jpg

I gave one to @golfgar last night. I seem to recall in my drunken haze that he said much the same thing. A little hidden gem. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Edit - Lol. Clearly I'm still hungover because I didn't even see Larry's response before I posted.

I might have to try this tonight. Still have a few from you as well. :)

Those continue to be a pretty polarizing smoke. I've gotten every response from glee to near death threats from someone who thought their tastebuds were permanently destroyed.

Those continue to be a pretty polarizing smoke. I've gotten every response from glee to near death threats from someone who thought their tastebuds were permanently destroyed.
Count me in the supporters column. Best line Caldwell's done IMHO, although I've neglected a lot of his newer releases the last year or two due to overwhelming "new release fatigue." Seriously guys, focus on keeping your core lines consistent and stop chasing blogger accolades.

Count me in the supporters column. Best line Caldwell's done IMHO, although I've neglected a lot of his newer releases the last year or two due to overwhelming "new release fatigue." Seriously guys, focus on keeping your core lines consistent and stop chasing blogger accolades.

It's one of those smokes that I don't think about for a while and then crave one...the lancero is by far my favorite, that wrapper is just incredible when you fire it up. As far as new release fatigue...I think the FDA has permanently cured that. I think both Caldwell and DE are some of the main culprits that support your point...focus on the smokes that got you on the radar.

Last edited:
Decided to break it out.
2015 Opus X Angel Share Reserva d'Chateau:
AngelShare1.jpg
AngelShare2.jpg
Fuente has had so many blends of different Opus's, but this was pretty tame. Reminded me of well aged Opus (3-5 years). Not as much "spice". I enjoyed it and will keep my eyes peeled for more. I've still got the Oscuro and 20th blends to try. Nothing beats for the Forbidden though.

Last edited:
Back